About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e79f4cc84052f03e9d852c421b061564Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WonderCon Group Photo Saturday April 3rd 11:15am
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What time and place do you prefer for group photo?
11:15 or 11:30 is fine - I have no perference.
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Indoors or outdoors at the carousel is fine. I have no preference
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
I prefer the indoor location we've used the last 2 years
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
11:15 meet-up time for the photo is best. Earlier we finish the better.
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
11:30 is probably easier for me.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I'd like to do this outside at the carousel steps instead if the weather permits
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Users Voted : 20
Total Votes : 38
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: WonderCon Group Photo Saturday April 3rd 11:15am Reply with quote

UPDATE 3/31/10
PHOTO SHOOT TIME: 11:15am
MEET UP TIME: Please meet up before 11:00am at the Rebel Legion booth if you are unsure of the final location and would like to walk over with us at 11:00am.
LOCATION: We have permission from the convention to use our usual indoor location. The stairs of the [b]mezzanine level just behind and below the exhibitor registration booths.

We must keep VERY QUIET when doing our photo shoot here. G4 will be filming their news segments in the hallway next to us (the windows overlooking the convention floor) and we had to promise the con we'd keep the noise level to a minum. So everyone, please be quiet so that we can communicate positioning of members without yelling and ruining the G4 shoots.

PHOTOS SHOOTS SCHEDULED:

1) Friends and family + RL - friends and family in Star Wars costumes are free to join us for a big "Star Wars" group photo. This includes Fan Force members who may not be Rebel Legion members. Droid builders are welcome too.

2) Rebel Legion group photo - all Rebel Legion approved costumes (if you have a pending costume approval please contact or see Kay Dee and we can give you on site temporary approval).

3) Endor Base Group Photo -
All Endor Base members

4) Other group photos
for Jedi, Clones, Royalty, Pilots, etc.

5) Corsair Squadron Photo shoot
- the squadon will be taking a group photo as well as individual photos for inclusion on our Rebel Legion trading Card.

6) Any members who need submission photos (or trading card photos) taken of their costumes
- We always have quite a few new costumes completed for the convention and we are here to help you get some nice sharp submission photos for your membership application and profile. Please try to let Kay Dee know ahead of time so that we don't forget to get you taken care of.

PHOTOGRAPHERS:
Skid Solo should be there as a primary photographer, but I always feel better if we can have a few extra photographers. If anyone has friends or family who can volunteer for this that would be greatly appreciated. (you never know when an emergency could pop up or a technical problem with a camera - I hate to have all our eggs in one basket/camera).

-------------------------------------

I'd like to post the WonderCon table shift sign-up roster soon, but we need to settle on the time for our photo shoot.

TIME:

Since the 11:15 meet-up time has worked in the past (starting the photos around 11:20) I wanted do to check to see if this time would probably be OK again this year? Or would you rather meet at the location a little later like 11:30?

The idea is to give people hopefully enough time to get to the con in the morning, (wait in line for badges or getting in the door...sometimes takes a few hours!) Get the photos wrapped up by about 12:15ish so that people can eat lunch go to panels and have time to change into 501st costumes for their photoshoot at 2:00pm.

I'd also like to get feedback from members if they prefer to continue with the indoor location on the stairs (hopefully they con will continue to let us use that space), or if the weather is nice we could go outside to the carousel steps next to the entrance of the convention center. (Matt would need to secure permission from Yerba Buena Gardens).

INDOOR: Pros to the indoor location - fast and easy to get to once we are inside the convention center. Weather is always nice and the sun isn't ever in your eyes. LOL!
Cons - some cameras have trouble taking evenly lit photos in this area. We do have a few people with SLR cameras that have no problem taking a good photo here. I guess another con is just that we've done our photo here for 2 years now so some may be bored of the location?

OUTDOOR: Pros - it's different. If someone is running late to the con and doesn't have time to wait in line for their badge, or to get inside they can just meet us outside. No flash required for people who don't have the fancy SLR cameras or powerful flashes.
Cons: Weather is unpredictable. There have been years where the sun is bright and people are squinting, or the sun is shining directly into the lens of the camera causing lens flair. And it is a little more of a walk to get outside to the carousel once you are already inside the con. Here is a map showing the location of the carousel in case anyone is not familiar. It's on the corner of 4th and Howard right next to the entrance of the con.[

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:02 am; edited 8 times in total
jschlosser ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted..

outside would be nice for a change.. if we don't get rain...
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if we go with the outside vote we'll still have indoors as a back-up and I'll post that location for all to be aware of if they are new to the group Smile

To me, if it's even lightly drizzling outside I don't want to go out there. I did that at CIII, not fun in soft costumes. And Barbie may not want to be cold if she's gonna dress as Leia again Wink

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote submitted.

I prefer the indoor location because it's easy to get to and the lighting is good and it captures all the details of costumes. Outdoor lighting can wash out the details of the costumes, IMHO.
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
To me, if it's even lightly drizzling outside I don't want to go out there. I did that at CIII, not fun in soft costumes. And Barbie may not want to be cold if she's gonna dress as Leia again Wink

Agreed...I'll be wearing make-up for the Luminara costume and have real leather on, plus velvet and silk and...well, you get the picture. Not a user friendly costume for outdoors, not to mention this will be the first time I wear this costume and will need pictures taken for its approval. The indoor location will have the best lighting for this, and capture all the details of this costume.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:

Agreed...I'll be wearing make-up for the Luminara costume and have real leather on, plus velvet and silk and...well, you get the picture. Not a user friendly costume for outdoors, not to mention this will be the first time I wear this costume and will need pictures taken for its approval. The indoor location will have the best lighting for this, and capture all the details of this costume.

Can't wait to see the Luminara costume! Yes, let's make sure we also pull David to take some photos of your costume for submission Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Darkskywalker (Roberto C. Moran)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done votin!
(How about the water cascade area?, just a thought) Rolling Eyes

"...Something is happening, I'm not the Jedi I should be and I want more...One day I will be the most powerful JEDI..."
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkskywalker wrote:
Done votin!
(How about the water cascade area?, just a thought) Rolling Eyes

I know many like that area, but in the past we had people have trouble finding it and we'd lose people Sad It's more of a walk too, and doesn't have stairs for us to stagger on so we'd be more of a strung out long group. I think it's just the worry about people not finding the location and it being more of a walk that kind of nixed that in my mind.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting to hear from Yerba Buena Gardens about the outdoor locations, so stay tuned.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking in to that Matt. Even if the RL group photo is not held there we may want to take Corsair Squadron to the carousel or waterfall depending on how our time is going and what the pilots want to do.

So far, the majority is voting for indoor here but I'll keep the poll open a little longer.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already voted. All I know is that it's going to be crazy having to change from my X-Wing then to my Biker Scout for the 501st shoot.

I'm going to have serious helmet hair by the time the day is over. Pilot bikerscout Laughing

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anasian Skywalker wrote:

I'm going to have serious helmet hair by the time the day is over. Pilot bikerscout Laughing

Me too! LOL! I want to do my darndest to wear my TIE costume for the 501st shoot again this year. I've missed it for two years due to RL table duty.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I just received word that we have permission to take our group photo at the carousel steps! They just need to know when we'll be there.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our photo shoot time is 11:15. But honestly Matt, I believe that indoors has won. I'm getting ready to close the poll soon in case anyone has neglected to vote.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Our photo shoot time is 11:15. But honestly Matt, I believe that indoors has won. I'm getting ready to close the poll soon in case anyone has neglected to vote.

Huh? The leading contender of the poll reads, "Indoors or outdoors at the carousel is fine. I have no preference".

So if we're not doing it outside, then do we have permission to do it inside? I just don't want to feel that I asked YBG for nothing. We did get permission for outside before, but didn't, due to rain, although this year, being in April, maybe it won't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: