About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e7f0ec84af7295cd46d0c6f6132d298eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars in Concert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Star Wars in Concert Reply with quote

The concert is coming to Austin, Corpus Christi & San Antonio, the first weekend in June.
Tickets go on sale Saturday, March 13th.
http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/#_tourdates

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been contacted by a couple of the venues but I haven't posted any info yet as all the details are still being ironed out by those venues, etc.

So stay tuned ...

I would imagine for the concert dates themselves it would be handled as the 1st leg of the tour (costumes must be approved by LFL, etc.)
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some general info for the new tour coming through Kessel Base.

DATES
May 23 - Lubbock, TX - CANCELED
May 25 - El Paso, TX
June 3 - Corpus Christi, TX
June 5 - San Antonio, TX (2 shows; 2 PM & 7 PM)
June 6 - Austin, TX (2 shows; 2 PM & 7 PM)

Costume Approval
We would like to see a maximum combined total of 20 at each event (this number uncludes handlers). For costumes, we are open to your opinions and excited to see your creativity. Characters recognizable by name and members of squads, such as Storm Troopers or Rebel Pilots, are always well received by the crowds. We ask that a picture of any costume being worn to this event by a participant be sent to us at least a week prior to the night of appearance. Don’t hesitate to send pictures of any droids you feel would make a good addition to the ranks. Do keep in mind that any droid that is small or low to the ground has a very high chance of being stepped on or tripped over. If this is the case, we will likely not approve its use throughout the exhibit, and must reserve any judgment regarding these until we see them on show night.

Costume Guidelines
To avoid distraction from the show, participant’s costumes should not be worn in the concert arena, unless at the rear of the main floor or in the rear loges or balconies. We ask those who will be seeing the show to change into street clothes before entering the concert arena. We do not expect any participants who have bought tickets to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission, as there is not enough time for participants to change into costume, interact with the audience, and change back into street clothes in that 30-minute time period. Participants should not be leaving the arena before the end of the first act in order to accomplish an intermission appearance. Those willing to change back into costume for an after show appearance are encouraged, and will be able to exit the arena for changing after the final montage of the second act.

***NOTE***
ALL COSTUMES MUST HAVE PICTURES SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL PRIOR TO THE EVENT
DUE DATE IS 2 WEEKS BEFORE (Concert Date)

I will forward them to the approval person and post on this thread as the results, etc. Please use subject line: "SWIC - (City) COSTUME PICS"

I will need to have this information in order to make sure everyone is accounted for on this sign up sheet as well as for the event staff, etc.

TROOPERS NEEDED 20 MAX: I'm going to find out if this time around there is still a 70/30% split between 501st & Rebel Legion, so if we have too many RL members sign up for the costume list you maybe bumped.

Last tour from SWIC that Seating WAS covered for ALL venues, they will be for 501st/RL members only (I will confirm this), and any family wanting to attend will have to purchase a ticket.

If you posted in another thread about attendance you still need to post here I need an accurate head count including handlers. Please post first and last names while I know most of you I do not know all of you by last name.

If we go beyond the required number I will institute a lottery draw for the spots.
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: