About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1d672fdcd77e0d9058e9af1ff0e8703aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

R2 Elements Layout for Parade Float Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Folard-Toz (Charles Foltz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: R2 Elements Layout for Parade Float Help! Reply with quote

"Help me Droid builders. Your my only hope!"

I've been assembling a sound system float for local parades and conventions that looks similar to R2. It is built around a plastic barrel. The sound system is now installed and I'm down to the painting and mounting of details.

If anyone has a layout of the surface art for an R2, please send me a copy so I know how many pads and doors and where the eyes mount on the dome, etc.

I'm not actually building a mechanical unit, so I would not compete with anyone's hard work. I just don't have enough info from the pics that I've accumulated for this project.

I would like to finish the float in the next week for a local comic book convention appearance, so I will be standing by with my fingers crossed! Wink
Thanks everyone!
Samurai ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/r2builders/

Join and go to the files section.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reference. I've put in my request for access, but no reply as of yet.

I don't have much time so I've started laying out elements the best I can until I see an actual layout drawing.

Thanks for the help! Smile
TwinOne ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, how does one post pictures on here? Because I might have something that could be of some help to you. I was at an antique show a while back and found this set of blueprints for various Star Wars sets and props. There's an Artoo one that I thought might be of some use to you. It's only a side view of him, but it has great details of his leg and such.

I just can't figure out how to post the picture I have of it!
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your reply box a post a reply page will show up. Use the IMG box add a http:// web address to a web hosted photo account or web address to photos between the symbols and it will add the photo to your post.

[img]http://web address*[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here it is!

I know the picture quality kinda sucks, but I can take close-ups of particular portions if you want. (i don't know why it's so yellow. i think I need a new camera)

I hope this is of some help to you!
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so cool, TwinOne! This will be very helpful! Cool
TwinOne ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of assistance! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: