About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b4affdc336480e792d4dfa644355bdf5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin Work-in-Progress
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Ugh, I just discovered (which I have never known before) that Anakin's tabards are supposed to be dark brown. Mine are indeed black...which puts me back into the realm of New Republic Jedi (Generic) until I can do some more work on this puppy.

My AOTC tabbards were black too, and then I used Nu-Life spray for leather/vinyl in Dark Brown, and it looks great:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=499&bu=%2Fbase.php%3Fb%3D16%26i%3D0%26s%3Dc%26start%3D80&bl=Endor+Base+costumes

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip! Thanks!

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the padawan braid yet? I could check my source this week if they still have some left:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15908

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Anakinos: Thanks! I've noted everyone around here to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. And from what I can tell I am 99% sure I have a formal generic New Republic Jedi costume working. Just need to get the photos together and submit...unless you have to do a named character before you can do a generic?

Re. the version: It's supposed to be AotC. The lighting is very dark in those pictures. The tunic and pants are actually a chocolate brown, and the inner tunic is a bit lighter, though it's not cream. To me his inner always looked a greenish-brown...

No you dont have to do a face/named/canon character before you can do generic. But you do have to have a FORMAL costume as your FIRST costume. Then you can have informal. And as it stands now. YOu can apply for NR jedi status. If you want the anakin character you will have to make the changes that people suggested. You also wouldnt be able to march as anakin if you got approved for NR status. HOpe this clears some things up. Let me/us know if we can be of anymore assistance.

Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakinos wrote:
No you dont have to do a face/named/canon character before you can do generic. But you do have to have a FORMAL costume as your FIRST costume. Then you can have informal. And as it stands now. YOu can apply for NR jedi status. If you want the anakin character you will have to make the changes that people suggested. You also wouldnt be able to march as anakin if you got approved for NR status. HOpe this clears some things up. Let me/us know if we can be of anymore assistance.

Fairly certain I have everything I'd need for formal NR status (though am waiting on the belt hook to arrive in the mail).

Is it possible to get approved as both OR AND NR, provided I have all the proper costume elements? I believe for this one the big things I'd need would be a covertech and non-black tabards...

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Anakinos wrote:

Fairly certain I have everything I'd need for formal NR status (though am waiting on the belt hook to arrive in the mail).

Is it possible to get approved as both OR AND NR, provided I have all the proper costume elements? I believe for this one the big things I'd need would be a covertech and non-black tabards...

as soon as the belt clip comes in you could apply for NR status.

You are correct in that all you would need for OR status is tabs and covertech. I have not seen your entire anakin costume so i dont want to give misleading judgement on a face character. I would need to see clearer and detailed pics of boots belt pouches braid etc....

Let me know if i can help out in any way.

Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belt clip arrived today! Can someone point me to where I can find the procedure for submitting? I don't want to make any faux pas...

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once your forum account has been created, click on “Register a Costume and Upgrade to Rebel Legion Membership,” found in the Forum and Costume Controls area of the forums good luck

Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Submitted!

Here are a couple of the photos...a few aren't as sharp as I'd like but hopefully they are clear enough to pass.

I also submitted 6 detail shots of the belt.

With any luck, Echo Base, here I come!

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: