About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bd18d23933975ab30616668761d62fe7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TESB Han Solo prisoner, pre-carbon-freezing chamber
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: TESB Han Solo prisoner, pre-carbon-freezing chamber Reply with quote

Hi, people!
I need your help.
In two weeks, my friends and I are going to participate on an event called "Anicon '10". It's generally an anime convention, but we were invited specially. The thing is, we are going to make a parade, we've got a Boba Fett, a Vader, and I think we'll have one or two troopers. I want to go as Han, before being put into the caron-freezing chamber. But I can't find any reference (pics, drawing, o whatever) of the binders, handcuffs, etc.
Anyone?
Thanks in advance!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 views and no answer yet?
C'mon, guys! Is really that difficult? (at least, for me, it is... Laughing )
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as I hate hearing this advice when I ask if anyone has pics all I have is, put the movie in and try to look at them. From what I remember, they aren't very prominent, so probably just about anything would work.
Good luck and post what you find!
Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I would just use the standard Imperial binders that were used in ANH, or ROTJ. I am sure they will be close enough to the mark.

Try looking here to make some Imperial binders:
http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bill. Standard Imperial Binders from ANH and ROTJ will work.

Phoenix 17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just paint them silver, as it seems to me that is what they were using in that scene. I think, those may have been the same (style, anyway) used on Luke when he was brought before Palpatine. So, maybe take a look at that close up with the binders come undone from Luke's wrists in ROTJ.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody!
And what about the one in Han's arms? (the one that goes behind his back and hold his arms)...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right, there were cuffs around his biceps, with something that looks like a simple rod. But that was taken off of Han just before he was placed on the chamber dais, I think.

- Bill
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill had a good thought, if you can't get a good shot from ESB, pop in ROTJ and see if there's a better shot with Luke!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a DVD drive on my computer (not that it is hooked up to the internet), but my brother's laptop does. As soon as I am able to, I will take some screen caps for you.

But I did pop in ESB to take a look at that scene. A couple of things struck me. 1) the Ugnaughts only remove the wrist binders before Han is loered, not the other ones. He does down into the pit with them attached, yet they are not present when Leia releases him at Jabba's Palace, in ROTJ.
2) The upper restraints look simple enough to make. Like I said, they appear to be bicep cuffs attached to a rod against his back. The greeblies on the bicep cuffs look like they have some dome shaped parts, as well as pyramid shaped parts - think of the various style of studs that people attach to their leather jackets.
3) The binders that they use on Han look very narrow, they were't nearly as wide as the binders used in ANH. They were definitely metallic-colored, though. If I had to guess, I would say they were only an inch wide, but more or less assembled much like the standard binders were.

The cuffs could be make with sintra and made to close on the inside of your biceps. ost of those studs that are on leather jackets are the kind that punch through the material and have the tabs bend over, kind of like how clasping envelopes do. You ould use an acryllic, or some other like material for the rod to attach to the cuffs.

When everything is assembled, you would just paint it a nice gunmetal gray, or something lke that.

If I were to take on this project, that is how I would do it! I hope this helps.

- Bill
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramys Strael wrote:

1) the Ugnaughts only remove the wrist binders before Han is loered, not the other ones. He does down into the pit with them attached, yet they are not present when Leia releases him at Jabba's Palace, in ROTJ.

- Bill

thats because the arm binders were made of carbonite. yeah. thats the ticket. they dissolved with the rest of the carbonite when leia freed him. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
Aramys Strael wrote:

1) the Ugnaughts only remove the wrist binders before Han is lowered, not the other ones. He does down into the pit with them attached, yet they are not present when Leia releases him at Jabba's Palace, in ROTJ.

- Bill

thats because the arm binders were made of carbonite. yeah. thats the ticket. they dissolved with the rest of the carbonite when leia freed him. Wink

Well, aren't we just the little smartie-pants! Razz

Ok, you actually do make a bit of sense there... and it is believable, enough, to explain away the "continuity error"! Mr. Green

Back to the discussion, here....

I still wasn't able to pull a screen cap for you, but the greeblies that I saw on the bicep cuffs of the arm binders looked something like the round and pyramid shaped studs from this pic:

Specifically, the far right corner stud for the pyramid and the third one from the left, top row, for the rounded stud.

I will try to go back and look at the design more closely for you. I am at work right now, and didn't think to bring the DVD in with me to play with. I might be able to do it tomorrow.... if I can remember. I'll try, though.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are the relevant pics from Bob's archive
http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/ESB%20Han/?action=view&current=HanLeia018.jpg

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/ESB%20Han/?action=view&current=Han057.jpg

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/ESB%20Han/?action=view&current=Han013.jpg

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/ESB%20Han/?action=view&current=ESB19.jpg
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys (and girls), you really are awesome! That info will be very useful for me!
Thanks to all of you for being so kind!
Pics coming soon!!!
Thanks again!! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
here are the relevant pics from Bob's archive
http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/ESB%20Han/?action=view&current=ESB19.jpg

This pic makes me think... it looks like a chain with bicep binders, doesn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: