Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f04f858bf2dcc11b2ae74b5979e4cc0aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Episode 3 Obi wan lightsaber question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why it wouldn't be, Matt.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say what everyone else seems to be dancing around, there's no specs. It just has to be an Obi-Wan Ep 3 saber. It could be an MR Limited Edition, it could be an MR FX, it could be a Hasbro FX, it could be a custom made hilt, it could be an MHS. Whether you want a skinny neck or a fat neck is up to you. Personal choice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems odd that the details on a graflex saber are so narrowly scrutinized.

the difference between luke ANH and luke ESB is only apparent up close..
..but the difference between obiROTS, and the obiROTS-FX, is apparent from 20 feet away Shocked

--> how close is "close enough"? (I would think luke ANH is "close enough" to luke ESB ... no?)
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidd wrote:
I worked up this diagram earlier would it be acceptable or is too out of spec?

obviously it doesnt have all the details but you get the main idea.

I would prefer to build my own saber from MHS parts

sidd, if you can wait to order the parts, TCSS will have a part based on this one:

That will have the v-grooves and it will look a lot better than the ribbed extension and the separate choke you have in the render.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Pete wrote:
The link below is for play.com and they are selling replica hilts at a 1.1 scale, a little pricey but i do think its the closest thing to the proper i hilt i have seen....

Obi wan kenobi
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/11755203/Star-Wars-Revenge-Of-The-Sith-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Lightsaber/Product.html

Luke skywalker
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/11755199/Star-Wars-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Luke-Skywalker-V2-Lightsaber/Product.html

Anakin skywalker
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/11755206/Star-Wars-Revenge-Of-The-Sith-Anakin-Skywalker-Lightsaber/Product.html

Hope this helps i'm thinking about saving for one....

Stephen Redford posted on rebelscum that these eFX belthangers are now shipping from redfordfilms.com

$89US/each (free shipping in the US). cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: