About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0d6d3d4fff2195ddf3a2655d49a10d70Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Leia Tutorial Website
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bandshoppe.com/catalog/productDetail.do?p=Holly_Majorette_Boot

Posted in thread 'Leia boot find'
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: 24 hour ANH Leia Reply with quote

I'm using Pam's tutorial plus a few other resources I've gathered here to make a Leia for the LFL event tomorrow at Build - A - Bear. I was intending on wearing my Old Republic Jedi to the event, but then I found out there was a Leia costume for the bears... so the senatorial gown is being pushed waaay up the to do list! LOL wish me luck!

Surprised
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll be able to do this is just a couple of hours, it's really easy

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aysel wrote:
you'll be able to do this is just a couple of hours, it's really easy

It took me about 12 hours from making my own patterns to sewing it all together. I'm no pro but I am a perfectionist so I did a few things over a couple times. I have a little trimming on the skirt and have to finish the belt.
Anpac car show for kids is tomorrow here in Springfield, so I'll have some more work tonight!
Jaxxa ()
Mos Espa Base XO
Mos Espa Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a camera to take pictures of my effort. I just submitted my costume for approval, so crossing my fingers that goes well.

The tutorial was a huge help, especially the second time around. For the button covers on my belt, I just filled them with hot glue.
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?op=2&view=global&subj=107701724&pid=31045754&id=1294440207

24 hour Leia for Build-A-Bear troop in Springfield, MO!

Next on my to do list:
Belt
Boots
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and Jaxxa, that looks awesome! Great Job!
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie, we can only see that if we're Facebook friends from you...I sent you a request. Wink

Jaxxa ()
Mos Espa Base XO
Mos Espa Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

66jedi wrote:
... and Jaxxa, that looks awesome! Great Job!

Thanks so much! I couldn't believe how good it turned out, I didn't even have to adjust the hems (which is usually a given for me). Looking forward to seeing how yours looks Very Happy
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Jaxxa!

MJLolanaK (Belle LaDean)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using this because a friend of mine who does Han asked me to be his Leia...well not in that way, but I wish! So I'm finally doing this project, and I shall be using Pam's awesome tutorial, as I did for my Mara, which needs to be redone for approval! Wish me luck, as I suck @ altering patterns (hence why my Mara needs to be redone!) The only proper boots I've found for Leia are these: http://www.motorcowboy.com/product/STAR6/STAR6---Star-Wars-PRINCESS-LEIA-BOOTS-prop-replica.html but they cost a freakin arm and leg, or soul...so I'm going to have to find something similar to use, or mod my own pattern over a pair of plain white ones.

Disney's Star Wars Weekends Expert
Graphic Designer, Make-up Artist, Costumer, Singer, Actor, etc.
www.FaceBook.com/MJLolanaK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where to post this tip - it will likely get lost no matter what. I will try to add it to my own web site if people hopefully still reference that in addition to Pam's site which I know is more detailed.

One thing we have noticed a lot with Leia costumes being submitted for approval, is that they lack an nice snug smooth collar. They are often lose, and flopping over a bit.

I have some advise.

NECK/COLLAR TIPS - FOR A GOOD FIT THAT WILL BE LEGION APPROVED
Leia Buns

1) After the dress panels are cut out, stay stitch the neck hole opening. This is to keep it from stretchig wider as you stitch on your turtleneck. (basically, if your base the turtle neck is attaching to is stretched out, that is just the beginning of the entire neck & collar being stretched and not fitting snugly).

2) When constructing your costume - iron on some stretch knit interfacing to the inner face of collar. This will help it keep its shape and it will not start to stretch out so much over time. The added interfacing also helps it stand up a bit better too, since these knits are sort of loose and flowing they don't have a lot of standing power. (note, if you use nylon fabric DO NOT iron anything to it, heat melts nylon fabric)

3) The back of the dress should open up, preference is for keyhole opening since there is no center back seam on the dress. This way you don't have to make the neck so big to stretch it over your head.

4) Be mindful when adding the back neck fasteners to your gown. You can adjust how tight or lose your neck is by placing these properly. It is OK for the back to overlap. It is better to have that, than to have a loose neck/collar.

Smile

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this, Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: