About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=494dac29daf8c889f8a207d58a87b0f5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Awards/get together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darzu (Bob Huff)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Base Awards/get together Reply with quote

This will probably be deemed inappropriate, as most of my questions usually are, but I'll ask anyway. Is the base command planning anything like Alex has done in the past or did any sort of recognition for the active members of this base leave with him? I look forward to any poorly worded responses.
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love for all of us to get together for awards or even just to socialize. I know its hard to do with everyone's busy schedule. If you think its something you'd like to coordinate, let me know how I can help.
jedi hairmaster ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: get together Reply with quote

I think that sounds great, what about Connooga.
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be arranged. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, right now it looks like ConNooga will be our best turnout and I see we already have a dinner planned. It will be great to socialize with some of you I haven't met yet!
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Base Awards/get together Reply with quote

Yes, we are working on them BUT it is hard to pick from so many good costumes and active members. PLUS, try to not let someone get the same award 2+ years in a row. Unless a member has another costume from the same movie/TV/EU. We are looking as some new awards too.

Last year we piggy back off the 501 to hand out the award because they (501) asked us (RL). I have no problem with them but I think we should do it on our own.

I like the idea of ConNooga to hand them out but we have to see if it is doable.

"I'm only a simple trained killer, but something tells me never to eat in a restaurant with a bad pun over the door." Sev
jedi hairmaster ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: awards Reply with quote

I still think Connooga sounds like a good idea. It would be great for us all to get together for this con.
jedi hairmaster ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Awards Reply with quote

Connooga is now a month away from today. Hope the awards dinner is coming together. And hoping everyone can make, I think our base needs this. Smile
Vesper2112 (Jeff Hickey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, there is a 501st Mixer planned for Saturday night at 8:30pm. I haven't mentioned any collaborative thing to the organizer yet, though. Of course, if you want this to be an RL group thing, then I can maybe look for a room to do this in. Friday at 7-9pm is open in the Crystal Room, and there's some space on Sunday. Of course, meeting for breakfast or dinner at the Choo Choo's restaurant or something off-site would work as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm glad to see a high level of interest in this. Fred and me have been talking this over and the awards are in the planning stages right now. We will be finalizing the awards after the results of the census are in next week.

If everyone can post that will help us get a consensus for where and when to hold it.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenJedi wrote:
If everyone can post that will help us get a consensus for where and when to hold it.

I vote we have it at your house on a Tuesday at 12:45 p.m. That way we are sure to have the highest particiaption possible.
Obi-TN (Glenn Stein)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'll be at ConNooga, but I think that if we want to have a ceremony, that's the best upcoming event for it. If not then, I could possibly host something on a weekend in March.

Regardless of when it's held, I think we need to close out the period under consideration. I'd say mid-November 2008 to end of November 2009. I say that so that if we move back to having a larger get-together in December we can do awards then and still have approximately 12 months to evaluate.

As for the awards themselves, I think most of the categories last year made sense, but I think we need some refining. Obviously, Costumer of the Year, Kessel Run, Outstanding Officer, and Rebel Cadet awards should return. I think we need a member of the year award. The Legion has a member award and a costumer award. Member award should got to someone who has done the most to promote the RL within Corellian Base and/or promote Corellian Base throughout the entire Rebel Legion. Criteria to consider would include attending events, planning events, member recruitment, etc. Costumer award should go to someone who has done the best job of making costumes for himself or herself or others within the base.

We should have a new member award. The period for whom to consider should be different so that any new member should have a chance to win. I'd say anyone who joined from September of 2008 to September of 2009, but judging activity from Sep. 2008 to Nov. 2009.

I think if we're going to give awards for costumes themselves, we need to have some criteria. Most importantly, it has to be an approved costume and you should have worn the costume since last year's awards. Last year was our first time for awards, so basically every costume that any member had was eligible. Going forward, I think it should either be new or improved (e.g., upgrades made to become formal, better jewelry, etc.). I don't know the breakdown of costumes by film or even trilogy as regards existing or new costumes, but I doubt it's anywhere close to evenly distributed. Further, those categories eliminate a custom Jedi costume from consideration as they aren't in any film. I'd say something like Best OT, PT, The Clone Wars, and EU/Custom. Might want to split some male/female. We could also recognize a couple older costumes that were overlooked last year.

Of course, we can give Rebel Cadet awards, but I'm not aware of any new ones.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well last year I know Alex and myself came up with the award. Alittle over a year later, Don and myself are fine tune the award, with a 15lbs. hammer. Not really with a 15lbs hammer, it is an 20lbs hammer.

One question a member asked me was, "Why wait after the census?"

Well I see the awards as awarding members that are active. Would you like to see someone win that they left the Rebel Legion?

Another question/statement was, "I do not see how someone can get the same award two years in a row."

Well this can happen BUT this is how(example), last year a person that won Best Clone War Costume was with a Rex costume. Now between awards times, the member got a Skywalker costume appoved. The Skywalker costume is the best one from Clone Wars. So, that member would get it.

"I'm only a simple trained killer, but something tells me never to eat in a restaurant with a bad pun over the door." Sev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: