Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=727b69bbdb93f6f00acf65f48a980d35Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber Forge Warning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this whole situation is all too familiar

"I don't have the money with me"
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was hoping I might get lucky, but no love.

I have opened a PayPal dispute. If he doesn't ship within the week I will likely escalate to a claim. At this point I'll take the money, save up an extra hundred bucks, and get Vader's Vault to do it.

If I don't get it through Paypal, the obvious next step is to let MasterCard deal with it. That's when it gets ugly. For him.

Anyway, add me to the list of cautionary tales. I'll let you all know how it plays out.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: He's now ignoring communications that go through Paypal's dispute process. If my saber is not on my front porch today (and I fully expect it won't be--I'm starting to think he's just stolen my money) I am going to take it to the claim level and get my money back.

I gave this guy all the rope in the world--as many here can attest to--and all he's done is hang himself with it. He's a real piece of work. What a joke.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in some ways I got a less satisfactory resolution than some other folks here.

I got a refund to my credit card today without comment or apology. Paypal considers the case closed.

I'm actually fairly devastated about this. I really, really wanted that saber. So thanks for nothing, saberforge.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! He did attach a note to the refund. It essentially read:

"Well, since you escalated this to a claim it's probably best just to refund you. But don't worry about my materials costs; I'll just sell it at Wondercon this month."

Funny thing is, if it was actually done, all he had to do was put it in the damn mail LIKE HE PROMISED HE WOULD.

Wow, now I'm really outraged over this whole thing. To have the GALL to tell me "don't worry about the materials costs" is utterly unbelievable. This guy is a real joke.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to doclo sabers and as for wondercon if he has any brains...he'll stay away from selling at cons, people will know him before he ever gets his booth set up and will direct all buyers away
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is, I had a sneaking suspicion (and said to a friend of mine yesterday), "I wonder if he doesn't think he can get more money from selling my saber at a con."

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Funny thing is, I had a sneaking suspicion (and said to a friend of mine yesterday), "I wonder if he doesn't think he can get more money from selling my saber at a con."
chances are that this is true...he seems to be in the saber building business solely for the money....he seems to care nothing for quality or customer service.

either go to Do-Clo Custom Sabers as Ky-wann suggests, or check with WadeH here in the Rebel Legion for a fully custom designed light saber.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-gon Jinn wrote:
The Grey Elf wrote:
chances are that this is true...he seems to be in the saber building business solely for the money....he seems to care nothing for quality or customer service.

either go to Do-Clo Custom Sabers as Ky-wann suggests, or check with WadeH here in the Rebel Legion for a fully custom designed light saber.

I'm in communication with Wade, and have an e-mail out to Vader's Vault (who already do the Imp. Knight sabers and their prices seem in line with Do-Clo)...

I wish I knew someone who lives in San Fran...I'd have them go to WonderCon. He CLAIMS he is going to "mark it down" and sell it there. If indeed he does I could have someone buy it at the discounted price and ship it to me (and offer him my regards, of course)

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to JedHead, I think he usually goes.

He's said that SaberForge only goes to Cons to sell his sabers, not to participate in Rebel Legion stuff.

I wonder if he "uses" the RL name to help him sell his sabers? raise eyebrows

So much for his promises of "better customer service". I figured they were empty promises.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old 'Master' goes to the con too I can ask him to check into it. He alomost bought one too till I stopped him.

Personally I think the con admin should be contacted and his bussiness blacklisted...I don't think he'll be at C5 because they only allow licensed vendors even parks doesn't sell there
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really too bad man, I am so sorry about your outcome.

"I don't have the money with me"
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoSentire wrote:

Thanks, and unfortunately I'm discovering that the legitimate saber smiths are WAY out of my price range. I knew saberforge was low priced, but I didn't realize just HOW horribly expensive these things were!

At this point it looks like I'm just not getting my IK saber Sad

If anyone does happen to go to that con and he does happen to have an Imperial Knight saber there, I'd be interested to hear what he prices it at, and if it's lower than what he was going to charge me, I'd paypal the money to someone to buy it from him, as it seems this is the only way I'm going to be able to get one at this point.

Even if his electronics are substandard, I have a friend who can open it up, check over the soldering and heat sinking, etc.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
JoSentire wrote:

Thanks, and unfortunately I'm discovering that the legitimate saber smiths are WAY out of my price range. I knew saberforge was low priced, but I didn't realize just HOW horribly expensive these things were!

At this point it looks like I'm just not getting my IK saber Sad

If anyone does happen to go to that con and he does happen to have an Imperial Knight saber there, I'd be interested to hear what he prices it at, and if it's lower than what he was going to charge me, I'd paypal the money to someone to buy it from him, as it seems this is the only way I'm going to be able to get one at this point.

Even if his electronics are substandard, I have a friend who can open it up, check over the soldering and heat sinking, etc.
Unfortunately, custom sabers aren't cheap....hence the word custom. It's really too bad Saberforge treated you like that, but he's ruined the market by flooding it with low quality, poorly machined pieces of crap....soldering? Yeah, you'd have to redo all of the wiring in his stuff....believe me, I've seen his "soldering" firsthand...can you say "twist wires and electrical tape them"?

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your time and you'll end up getting saber one day, my crystal focus core 4.0 wasn't my first saber by any means

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: