Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9701d7f27bb049d1395eeae52ef9c510Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber Forge Warning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Pete

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
Do Not Order From Saber Forge!. pretty simple.

I Second that
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.

Well, in the interest of keeping everyone informed, it's possibly happened to me, now.

He has apparently dropped off the face of the earth. After promising me my saber would ship last week, I never got the shipping notice and he has failed to answer my last three e-mails.

I am going to be very upset if I'm out well over $200 over this.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Sigh.

Well, in the interest of keeping everyone informed, it's possibly happened to me, now.

He has apparently dropped off the face of the earth. After promising me my saber would ship last week, I never got the shipping notice and he has failed to answer my last three e-mails.

I am going to be very upset if I'm out well over $200 over this.

Has anyone tried sending him a certified letter?

Before you write off your $200, send him a certified letter and threaten legal action... small claims court or a call to the local district attorney...

312 Donegal Way
Martinez, CA. 94553
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did end up getting my pummels that he owed me and my 2 36" blades. he also refunded me $50 for all the "stressfullness". Unfortunately the only way I was ever able to get ahold of him was to use some language that I would have rather not had to use in an e-mail. He also said that I now have 20% off my next purchase, I just am not too sure when that will be....

"I don't have the money with me"
Ari C'rona (Lisa Samson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you're all still having issues with Saberforge. He contacted my friend about the issues we had (and still have) with promises of sending us extra hilts to compensate us for our troubles (it's sure be nice if he just returned the switch he took out of her saber). However, we, too, have had no word from him since his initial attempt.

If any of you who are still having troubles, I do happen to have his cell phone number that he gave me early on in our dealings - if you'd like to have it, pm me.

~Ari

Last edited by Ari C'rona (Lisa Samson) on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Law gives you 1 full year to demand a refund in the event that the item you paid for is not delivered in the first 30 days. even if it arrives on day 31.

(saw it on Judge Judy. so it MUST be true Wink hehe) *rimshot*
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Pete wrote:
Ky-Wan Zann wrote:

I Second that

Bumped and Thirded
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus wrote:
Jedi Pete wrote:
Ky-Wan Zann wrote:

I Second that

Bumped and Thirded

Well, I only saw this warning thread AFTER I'd ordered--and I always check ebay feedback before ordering from there, where he's got roughly 97% positive feedback.

He was very communicative for the first three weeks, promptly answering my e-mails, discussing design decisions, etc. Last week he promised my saber would "ship later this week."

I never got a shipping notice from him, and he hasn't responded to my last three e-mails. I've just sent another expressing my unhappiness and mentioning that I've mostly defended him on this thread. I'd hate to have to open a claim with PayPal over it, mostly because I'd rather have my saber than a refund. He's a week and a half late, now, on his promised turnaround, though, and isn't answering my mails. If I don't hear from him in the next day or two I guess I'll have to contact PayPal and open a dispute.

Sigh.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just mailed me back, apologized for the delay and promises he will have it shipped by Monday at the latest. I'll keep you all posted. If he keeps his word, this will have been a minor hiccup no worse than any other I've encountered with online vendors and I'll still be able to say I was happy with his overall service.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a minnor hiccup for you while others are completely out of what they wanted. It's not a hiccup it's him trying to cover his tush. tell all you know do not order from him. Don't give him a 'it took 4 months but'

just stop buying and tell others to do the same
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
So a minnor hiccup for you while others are completely out of what they wanted. It's not a hiccup it's him trying to cover his tush. tell all you know do not order from him. Don't give him a 'it took 4 months but'

QFT....

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:

Dude, I'm not trying to be disrespectful to those who have had problems. I was asked to keep everyone posted on my experience. That's all I'm doing. It still remains to be seen if my saber will, in fact, ship by Monday, and if it will be of good quality when it arrives. To quote Anakin, "I will admit...my confidence in [him] has been shaken."

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I get that much and understand what your trying to do but I meant in the overall picture it's not a small hiccup it's a scam.

No Problems Smile
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
I know I get that much and understand what your trying to do but I meant in the overall picture it's not a small hiccup it's a scam.

No Problems Smile

Jason - I agree with you completely!

Grey - I understand what you are doing and honestly if i were in your shoes i would be doing the exact same thing, to keep this problem from continuing to occur and I think i can at least speak for the majority that has posted in this thread "we strongly erge to conduct business with sabersmiths and distributors rather than "Saberforge". He has proven time and time again that due to the lack of communication and customer service provided by this vendor that it is just more trouble than it is worth.
I dont mean to sound insincere about the problems everyone is having but the bottomline is that if you do business with you this not only could but will happen to you. we just wnat ppl to be informed and keep this from happening to new and old costumers alike.
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he failed to ship the saber yesterday. Or at very least, failed to send me a shipping notice and tracking info.

I have now e-mailed him one last time to inform him that if I do not get shipping notice AND tracking info today I will be opening an incident with Paypal and my credit card company.

5 weeks after a promised ship date of 2-3 is unconscionable.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: