Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=507e5c33c80f3dc8cc9fe793acd0b664Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber Forge Warning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. In all fairness i didnt have too bad of an experience in the end. I think he is either very busy or just lazy.

"I don't have the money with me"
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoSentire wrote:
Good luck. In all fairness i didnt have too bad of an experience in the end. I think he is either very busy or just lazy.

I asked for both a covertech clip and a D-ring on mine. Just hope he doesn't forget one or the other...and I just hope it arrives in good working order and looking good within a month or so...I'll be happy if that's the case.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Pete

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:
Ugh, now I'm worried. Having not seen this thread, and noted he has 96.7% positive feedback on the 'bay, I ordered a custom saber from him. It's way too soon to panic (I only placed the order 4 days ago, and he cites 2-3 weeks before shipping to build the saber), but now I'm really concerned Sad. Please wish me luck.

GOOD LUCK

i hope you get your saber, keep ontop of things dont let it go keep on it..

MTFBWY
saberforge ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT:

ADMINS I REALIZE THIS IS A FEEDBACK ONLY THREAD BUT IT IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO ADDRESS CERTAIN CONCERNS.

In the last couple of months we as a company have received far to much negative feedback to be even remotely acceptable. We have grown from a small one man operation that turned out a few sabers a week for ebay to something much larger.

During that period we have been plagued with growth pains that have resulted in some unsatisfied customers. Any issues or problems were not intentional, they were either the result of poor time management, simple oversight, or over booking on our part. For that I truly and sincerely apologize. I started this business because of a love for star wars, and the last thing I want to do is alienate my fellow fans.

In an effort to redeem myself and my company I want to resolve each and every issue that you all might have. My plan to do so is a specific grievance and solution program. So that everyone with a legitimate issue comes away feeling not just satisfied, but happy.

How are we going to do this? I am going to ask everyone who has had an order problem to send me an email in the following format.

Send an email with the following subject "Greivance and sollution plan" to saberforge@yahoo.com
Write your order information such as order date, order source *ebay or website* and the problem you encountered. Or if you just have a general suggestion for our products or services let us know.

I have set aside time in my schedule to work through each of these cases and come to an equitable solution with all of you.

I have allocated the work hours and materials necessary so that I can give away thousands of dollars of free merchandise, in addition to any repairs or refunds needed.

Once again I would like to apologize for any and all problems any of you might have experienced with my company. I want to use '10 to regain your trust and your confidence.

The lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that saber forge has contacted me back and is going to send me new longer blades and a second set of pommels with D-Rings on them. I am very excited about the new Saberforge attitude.

Jedi Pete

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have received alot of bad reports on here lets hope they sort them selves out and i hope you get your stuff....
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saberforge is in damage control mode now, with his excuses and promises.

Which could have been avoided with proper communication and customer service.

We shall see if he keeps true to his word.

And for how long.

But I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
Saberforge is in damage control mode now, with his excuses and promises.

Which could have been avoided with proper communication and customer service.

This is true, but I know from experience that sometimes you start something as a little side business, a hobby that will hopefully pay for itself, and it can explode very fast way beyond what you intended. You then find yourself stuck and falling further and further behind schedule and trying to make up for it.

When it happened to me I filled the orders I had and put the whole business on the back burner. Saberforge, it seems, is trying to catch up and make a real go of it.

You're right that better communication would've been prudent, but new and small businesses stumble a lot as a rule--it's all a learning process. All we can do is watch and see how things go in the future.

Quote:
We shall see if he keeps true to his word.

And for how long.

But I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

So do I, for obvious reasons (I'm waiting on a saber from him Wink)

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say, thus far his communication has been stellar. He's been on the ball with answering every e-mail quickly, politely and informatively; he even took the time to clarify if I wanted gloss or matte finish for the black on my hilt. I am promised my saber will be shipping out this week. Can't wait to get it! I'll post updates as I have them.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is great to hear Grey Worlf, I wish I was having the same luck. I havent heard from him since the seventeenth.

Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoSentire wrote:
that is great to hear Grey Worlf, I wish I was having the same luck. I havent heard from him since the seventeenth.

That's only a week...did you drop him an e-mail to touch base? I always do that on items that have a long turnaround. It helps to keep the lines of communication open.

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I have actually sent him 4 e-mails and have not gotten a response to any of them. I still have my paypal dispute open I just hope I dont have to escalate it because the deadline to do that is now coming up.

Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, dude Sad

KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that saber forge's word may have meant nothing for he has still neglected to contact me and I have messaged him everyday since the 17th on multiple pathways and I have gotten no response from him. tomorrow I am escalating my paypal dispute to a claim because the 30 days will be up on tuesday, that is how long it has been since I have been having this issue with him. I am, needless to say, very let down. I was really hoping that things would go smooth so he could redeem himself and I could write an awesome review for him but this is not the case. last time I talked to him he said that he had ordered the part that I needed (he ordered them earlier in the week so they should have arrived within a day or 2 from that message) and he was going to send them out as soon as he got them. then he vanished. I know it is hard running you own small company but that doesnt mean that you just forget about customers that you are in the middle of working on their order. I hope by some miracle in the force that he decides that today will be the magic day that he contacts me, or my parts just will just appear at my door, but I know this wont be the case and that is really sad....

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be rude here folks, but why are we still seeing new people having trouble with him. There's 4 pages or people saying don't order from him and one post telling him things are ok.....Lets do the ratio, he can obviously access this forum and read so simple solution for anyone looking for sabers going forward

Do Not Order From Saber Forge!. pretty simple.

Last edited by Ky-Wan Zann () on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: