Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=58fcf0e674d24fa3dfa4e079752e075eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber Forge Warning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wadeh13 wrote:
I would like to remind everyone that all saber smith's are not like this. Most of us take customer service as number one priority and produce high quality sabers. I know everyone makes mistakes, but most of us learn from our mistakes and we always make it up to the customer. Most of the other saber smiths I would be proud to own a lightsaber from them and I am very picky. Just keep this in mind when thinking of buying a saber and always look at the ebay feed back if buying from ebay.

I just want to add to this that there are a few members of the Legion that build sabers for a hobby/side business that can offer personal service that you don't get from some of the larger saber retailers. Wink

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
randyh822 (Randy Herman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK everyone after promising to refund my money he has vanished off the face of the planet again. I am going to start a thread and maybe try some PMs on FX sabers. Does anyone in from his forums know him and can help me leveraging him? I am out 200.00, even offered to take less of that back just so I can get funds back, I need this to place an order for the Mrs' lightsaber, she is probably 75% complete with her Luminara. Sad
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, that sux. Like I said, he doesnt do any community events here in the Bay area, he only does conventions and usually stays in his vendor booth. Matt says he will try to talk to him at wondercon this april.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is not needed, but want to make a sideline comment.
The biggest mistake a marketer can make is to neglect customer support. It not only backs up new production, it can reduce or eliminate future market. No matter what size business you have it should be a first priority if you intend to survive and prosper.
I worked in one of the largest and most profitable industries for many years, the oil business. If one gets a reputation for poor performance or dirty dealings, they might as well quit the business. The industry may be big, but the players are few with long memories. I think you get my point. Neutral
randyh822 (Randy Herman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again just wanted to be fair, Saberforge gave me a full refund today. Cool
Jedi Pete

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

randyh822 wrote:
Again just wanted to be fair, Saberforge gave me a full refund today. Cool

Thats great news, now put that money to good use and trust our words on this matter always ask for help on the forums when your about to spend alot of cash.........

But good result and hope your not dishartened to much there are still alot of good sabersmiths out there...

Good luck with your future buys and MTFBWY
nebelwerfer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im glad you got your money back, its the least he could do.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad it took the steps that it did to get it from him though. Neutral
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a saber staff from him on Jan 25th and he supposedly shipped it 2-3 day shipping on the 6th or this month and i have not heard or gotten anything from him. The last time he ever responded to an e-mail was Jan 25th. Does anybody know a way I can reach him? i am getting pretty nervous.

"I don't have the money with me"
Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoSentire wrote:
I ordered a saber staff from him on Jan 25th and he supposedly shipped it 2-3 day shipping on the 6th or this month and i have not heard or gotten anything from him. The last time he ever responded to an e-mail was Jan 25th. Does anybody know a way I can reach him? i am getting pretty nervous.

Sorry bro looks like you got hosed.

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you used Paypal to pay him.

He seems to only respond when someone opens a Paypal dispute against him.

I've been seeing this trend with him on the lightsaber related forums that I'm on.

Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did use paypal and filed a dispute, he replied and said it should be here today or tomorow, it didnt come today so i will post back tomorrow

JoSentire ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say that I recieved my sabers today. they work fine but he did forget to put D-Ring on the pummels and the blades are too short. That being said does anybody know if the outside diameter of the "UltraEdge Blade" by Ultra Sabers is one inch? i know all their blades are one inch and that is pretty standard but that blade does not specify.

Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoSentire wrote:
I would just like to say that I recieved my sabers today. they work fine but he did forget to put D-Ring on the pummels and the blades are too short. That being said does anybody know if the outside diameter of the "UltraEdge Blade" by Ultra Sabers is one inch? i know all their blades are one inch and that is pretty standard but that blade does not specify.
UltraEdge blades are slightly larger than 1". There is always some slight variation, though, due to the extrusion processes used by various manufacturers. The ones I have measure between 1.03-1.04". That's enough to make them not fit MHS blade sockets from TCSS....I have no idea wht size the blade bore is on a saberforge saber anymore, but the one I recently sold off would fit an UltraEdge without any modifications to either the saber or the blade.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, now I'm worried. Having not seen this thread, and noted he has 96.7% positive feedback on the 'bay, I ordered a custom saber from him. It's way too soon to panic (I only placed the order 4 days ago, and he cites 2-3 weeks before shipping to build the saber), but now I'm really concerned Sad. Please wish me luck.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: