Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a3a01a2b376527ca9010bd66ebe7c040Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Galen Mareks Lightsaber
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Galen Mareks Lightsaber Reply with quote

Hi rebel brothers, I'm beginning the construction of an Starkiller's lightsaber. By now I've only found these images on google, and I need more. Does anyone here have more visual material to guide me in the process???Confused Confused

Here the images...

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of images out there.

Try looking at pics of this saber that people have already made.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=starkiller%20lightsaber&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS306US306&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Lori, they will be VERY helpful for me in this task!!! Wink

skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've already made my interpretation of this saber. As soon as there are many subtle variants in the details, I've added some of mine, which I thought do look nice on it. Besides as you may see I've changed the red crystal to a green one as soon as this will be used for my Marek's ceremonial jedi outfit.

Well fellows, here's te vector image for guide me thru the process, what do you think???...

Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I was helpful, Eric.

But your version, with the grip area that wide doesn't look quite right, to me.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you suggest me to strech it to te very same width as the front section???

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I would recomend a blue saber. The green color you can unlock yes but in all cinema scenes he uses a blue crystal
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
Also I would recomend a blue saber. The green color you can unlock yes but in all cinema scenes he uses a blue crystal

Oh great, I was just gonna ask just that about the crystal color, but ok, I'll do the change then.

As soon as some of the shapes has somehow a visual relation with the ep IV Luke's saber, then I've been checking some proportions with my MR piece, so I would be able to emulate it.

I might begin the work till next week, but as soon as I have advances I'll post them to you here!!!

Thank you all guys... Wink

Daritha (Christian)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Galen Mareks Lightsaber Reply with quote

skoe wrote:
Hi rebel brothers, I'm beginning the construction of an Starkiller's lightsaber. By now I've only found these images on google, and I need more. Does anyone here have more visual material to guide me in the process???Confused Confused
Over at the Flagship Eclipse, we have an extended conversation about the never-ending story of Starkiller. There you'll find many good reference pictures of his dark side costumes (since the FE is an 501st Detachment) but also his lightsaber.

Beside, here are some shots:

Also, I have to ask: Do you want to do Starkiller's lightsaber during his time as a Sith Apprentice or during his way to the Light Side? That's important because after his "reconstruction" onboard the Empirical he wields Rahm Kota's old lightsaber. The novel confirms this.

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm planning to do the "lightside" one, and as far as I know this saber was pretty much the same design as the darkside, only changing the color of the crystal, which by the way it's gonna be blue then. Here's the new diagram with the corrections you all suggested me...

Bardan Tion (Tom Wolff)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when he is a Sith he had the saber which Daritha has posted with a red blade. When he became a jedi he had the saber of Rahm Kota. First this saber had the green Crystal from Kota, but later he added the a aqua crystal which he found on Kashyyyk. Then the saber had a teal blade colour. I hope this helps (sorry for my English; I'm 14 and from Germany)

Bardan
Daritha (Christian)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the novel, Starkiller's lightsaber was destroyed when Vader beatrayed him. When he awaked onboard the Empirical, Vader gave him Rahm Kota's lightsaber. The Star Wars Encyclopedia affirms this.

But I think, you have the same lightsaber all the way in the game, right? I never looked cloesely to the hilt of the saber but its logical that they useing the same hilt during the whole game. However, the novel and the Encyclopedia stand that Starkiller lost his first lightsaber and get Kota's instead from Vader. When he had his vision of his father on Kashyyyk, Starkiller retrieved a blue lightsaber crystal and replaced the green one of Kota in the lightsaber.
This is the canonical version. But I think its also okay if you use the "bad" lightsaber since the lightsabers hilts are of minor canonicity for us (at least if its not Obi-Wan's lightsaber). ^^

EDIT
It's like Bardan said. He need a less amount of words than me. And your English is good enough Bardan. Smile

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some additional images and info. Feel free to add to it as well since its a Wiki: http://www.lightsaberarchives.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/saberwiki:eucreators:galen_marek_starkiller
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bardan Tion wrote:
I think when he is a Sith he had the saber which Daritha has posted with a red blade. When he became a jedi he had the saber of Rahm Kota. First this saber had the green Crystal from Kota, but later he added the a aqua crystal which he found on Kashyyyk. Then the saber had a teal blade colour. I hope this helps (sorry for my English; I'm 14 and from Germany)

Bardan

Thank you very much Bardan, and don't worry about your english, I'm from Mexico and I also struggle with the thing of the language, so that doesn't matter at all, the enthusiasm is more important in a rebel Wink

skoe (Eric Skoglund)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daritha wrote:
According to the novel, Starkiller's lightsaber was destroyed when Vader beatrayed him. When he awaked onboard the Empirical, Vader gave him Rahm Kota's lightsaber. The Star Wars Encyclopedia affirms this.

But I think, you have the same lightsaber all the way in the game, right? I never looked cloesely to the hilt of the saber but its logical that they useing the same hilt during the whole game. However, the novel and the Encyclopedia stand that Starkiller lost his first lightsaber and get Kota's instead from Vader. When he had his vision of his father on Kashyyyk, Starkiller retrieved a blue lightsaber crystal and replaced the green one of Kota in the lightsaber.
This is the canonical version. But I think its also okay if you use the "bad" lightsaber since the lightsabers hilts are of minor canonicity for us (at least if its not Obi-Wan's lightsaber). ^^

EDIT
It's like Bardan said. He need a less amount of words than me. And your English is good enough Bardan. Smile

Well I think the same way as you, besides I really like this Marek's design. on the other hand the Kota's saber is his, I mean, it's not the actual Marek's saber, is just an heritage isn't it???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: