Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=edcd80c5b7698ff2b4b0ab82909c6a82Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Delusions of Grandeur (aka My Mos Eisley Base Wish List)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Delusions of Grandeur (aka My Mos Eisley Base Wish List) Reply with quote

These are some of the ideas or goals that have been rattling around in my head that would be very cool for our base for the upcoming year, and I figured I'd post them to see if anyone else held similar ideas or wants to add to the list. Smile

1 - New People in Costume

Specifically, I want to have 19 new members join. Why nineteen? With nine new members, we reach a total of fifty members, which is good. Add another ten, and we reach sixty members, which is even better. I will still be very pleased when we get to the fifty mark, but sixty is more of a challenge, and I'm ambitious like that. Smile Evil or Very Mad Cool

2 - New Costumes on People

Who can stop at one costume? Besides that, it also helps to keep the wear and tear down on your costumes when you can rotate them (i.e. have a more recognizable movie costume for high profile events, and an Expanded Universe or informal costume for low profile events).

3 - Get our Galactic Senate Detachment

We need more Senator/Royalty costumes!

I am waiting to hear whether or not my purple Padme ( http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=4203 ) has gotten accepted into the Galactic Senate, because if it does, that gives us the minimum of three to get our detachment. Smile

4 - Get the Fringe Detachment

We need Fringe costumes! (Han, Lando, Chewie, Talon Karrde, Mirax)

I'm making an inquiry about where the character Deliah Blue (from the Legacy comics) falls costume wise because I think she should be Fringe so that would make another female specific Fringe costume. Smile Still need to confirm, though.

5 - Improve Communications with other Star Wars groups

All relationships need communication, so I'm going to do my best to remember to check other boards (501st, Mando, other RL bases, etc) to get the information/invite out about MEB events.

6 - Get a Rebel Legion presence in Flagstaff

I want to do more events in Flagstaff, especially during the summer. During the winter, Tucson is the place to go. Wink

7 - Do More Group Costumes

This is kind of more a subsection to 2, but the idea is to pick a particular group or time period to do costumes from (i.e. Knights of the Old Republic, Jabba's Palace Dancers, etc). One dancer is good, but a group of dancers is a guaranteed attention-getter. Also, one Jedi is good, but a group of ten Jedi is rather impressive. Very Happy

8 - More Pre-Fundraising for charity events

That worked out well for last year's Relay for Life, so let's do it again (and maybe even hit up the Phoenix Bookman's location this time Smile ).

9 - MEB Rocks Phoenix Comicon!

It's a given, but it still goes on the list to make sure its a priority. Wink

10 - MEB to CV!

I know that Celebration V is a) far away, b) expensive, and c) maybe not the best location for the time of year, but its a good way to go meet other Rebel Legion people and spend several days immersed in Star Wars. Very Happy Smile

11 - NAME TAGS!

You might think I am kidding, but I am not. With the DSG, JWS, AZ Mando Mercs, R2 Builders, and the MEB, that's a lot of names to connect to faces. With that, I am going to throw out a plea to put at least your first name either in your profile or your signature so that it makes it easier for people to learn your real name (because nobody wants to call me by my board name, trust me). I also have a dream where I show up to a meeting with 20-30 people and everyone is wearing some sort of badge or name tag so I don't have to play the game of "Have I met that person before, or are they really new so that's why I don't know their name?"

EDIT: Adding to the list 12-26-09:

12 - Swag/Merchandise!

Business cards, costume support t-shirts, challenge coins, oh my! Very Happy

13 - MEB goes to Yuma!

We keep talking about visiting where "Return of the Jedi" was shot, and if we're actually going to do it we need to go sometime February/March before it gets too hot.

14 - MEB to Disneyland for Star Wars weekend and Star Tours!

I would love to see a group trip to see Star Tours before it closes, and meet some of the Sunrider Base people. Smile

Well, that's everything that I can think of for now. Smile If anyone else has suggestions for what they'd like to see in the future for the MEB, feel free to post it. Smile

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*

Last edited by Lady Jedi Carenix () on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
TC-9285 (Tristan)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol, I know that Damian in Vegas does laser etching name badges for the 501st and RL that are basically the same design. I got a couple off of him a few years ago. Maybe if we did a bulk order he might give us a little discount. If nothing else, maybe we can have them all sent to one spot and save on shipping?

And I swear that Solo's getting work. Unfortunately, my blood stripes haven't arrived yet...

I love the idea of forward fundraising. I would love to work with the Bookman's in Flag (two birds with one stone) and Phoenix.
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneaks in

Very well thought out plan of action, Carol. Mr. Green

now back to your regularly scheduled MEB

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for coming up with the list Carol, it makes me feel good to know that someone else is thinking about this stuff as well.

1. I agree with the idea of more pre-fundraising for certain events like the Relay. The Ghostbusters do it and are very successful...I've mentioned going down to the artwalk like they do to raise some cash but folks didn't seem to be interested in doing that. Thats fine, but then we need other suggestions on things to do besides just doing Bookmans....Bookmans is great but we need variety.

2. I also agree with the doing more group costumes. And something else besides Jedi...I know its an easy costume to do and with Brenda willing to help put them together that is great but we have a ton of Jedi now and it would be nice to see more Pilots and RFT's, or as Lee is working on, Endor Troopers. I know there are a few RFT's in the works out there (3 I believe) which will bring up our numbers there. To me this has always been one of the duties of the Detachment Leaders...to step up and be the liaison and driving force for their costume group. Unfortunately I also know how this kind of thing can go - people are broke, costumes are expensive, taking months to put together etc etc. I think the only way to get this kind of thing done in a timely matter is for someone to say, ok whoever wants to do a pilot sign up on this list, we are going to bulk order the flight suits/chest/boxes/whatever and have $X.XX to me by this date...at least to get things moving?

3. Name tags can be purchased by any member in the Legion Merchandise forum. They are quite nice and I had one before I lost it at PCC 2 years ago. I really need to order another. I think they are around $15...it would be great to see more of these for sure!

4. I'd like to add another thing to that list and that is 12 - Swag/Promotional Material I'm slowly working on these things, but honestly I need Mikes help. Mike I know you are busy but I can take care of the ordering/organizational/sales side if you can help me with the design.

Now that the patches are taken care of the next thing on my list are Business Cards, followed closely by some nice screen printed shirts. I want 2 designs for base members shirts and one MEB specific costume support shirt that I can buy several of so when we need one for a new member we have them and don't have to scramble to borrow from the DSG or try to purchase in the For Sale forum. I'm sick to death of going to events and being surrounded by DSG Trooper Support shirts!

I'd also like to get the challenge coins rolling and maybe some nice base specific stickers, although there are some cool RL stickers coming down the pipe in the merch forum as well.

If there are any other promo materials or swag that people would like to see please speak up!

5. I would love to have a large presence at CV as well. It would really be a blast to troop with you guys there!

Any ideas on when we will be having the January meeting yet?

Mnlymn (Mike Little)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Solo wrote:
4. I'd like to add another thing to that list and that is 12 - Swag/Promotional Material I'm slowly working on these things, but honestly I need Mikes help. Mike I know you are busy but I can take care of the ordering/organizational/sales side if you can help me with the design.

Now that the patches are taken care of the next thing on my list are Business Cards, followed closely by some nice screen printed shirts. I want 2 designs for base members shirts and one MEB specific costume support shirt that I can buy several of so when we need one for a new member we have them and don't have to scramble to borrow from the DSG or try to purchase in the For Sale forum. I'm sick to death of going to events and being surrounded by DSG Trooper Support shirts!

I'd also like to get the challenge coins rolling and maybe some nice base specific stickers, although there are some cool RL stickers coming down the pipe in the merch forum as well.

If there are any other promo materials or swag that people would like to see please speak up!

Ah yes, the old refrain: "Help me, Obi-Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope..." Well, there's only one thing I can say to such a sincere plea for assistance...which is, of course, no. I mean yes. I guess there was two things I could say. Wink

We need to sit down and go over exactly what you want to do and how we can best accomplish these goals.
RL Trading Card: Series 1, Number 44
RL Trading Card: Series 3, Number 137

"I feel the need...the need for Rebellion!"
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mnlymn wrote:
Zen Solo wrote:

Ah yes, the old refrain: "Help me, Obi-Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope..." Well, there's only one thing I can say to such a sincere plea for assistance...which is, of course, no. I mean yes. I guess there was two things I could say. Wink

We need to sit down and go over exactly what you want to do and how we can best accomplish these goals.

Sounds good. I promise to keep it simple. The main thing I need your help with is the business cards. One side is already designed, as the general RL BC....but I'd like the other side to be MEB specific. Wink

Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am kind of late to reply on this thread but I'm think this list is awesome and the goals are very achievable. Thanks Carol for putting this up.

I would like to respond to number 4. While I don't have a fringe costume myself, I would love to see us achieve yet another detachment. Also, having these costumes would certainly take the groups costumes in a different direction. We'd see more scoundrels as well as pilots, Jedi, Rft's, etc. Variety is always good.

I especially like the idea of outside fund raising for the Relay. Perhaps we can give the artwalk another chance? As Heidi said, it's not hurting the Ghostbusters any by being out there. Who knows, maybe we could make some bank with that.

These are great goals for 2010!
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*checks off item #3* Very Happy Cool Amadalia

Quote:
Tristan: Carol, I know that Damian in Vegas does laser etching name badges for the 501st and RL that are basically the same design. I got a couple off of him a few years ago. Maybe if we did a bulk order he might give us a little discount. If nothing else, maybe we can have them all sent to one spot and save on shipping?

Quote:
Heidi: 3. Name tags can be purchased by any member in the Legion Merchandise forum. They are quite nice and I had one before I lost it at PCC 2 years ago. I really need to order another. I think they are around $15...it would be great to see more of these for sure!

I would definitely love to see MEB members with those name tags. Smile I'd like to get an idea of how many people are interested (if anyone else is interested) to see if we can combine shipping to save some $$$.

Quote:
Tristan: And I swear that Solo's getting work. Unfortunately, my blood stripes haven't arrived yet..

Go blood stripes go! Go blood stripes go! Falcon han solo pompom cheer

Quote:
Tristan: I love the idea of forward fundraising. I would love to work with the Bookman's in Flag (two birds with one stone) and Phoenix.

Excellent. Very Happy

Quote:
Heidi: 1. I agree with the idea of more pre-fundraising for certain events like the Relay. The Ghostbusters do it and are very successful...I've mentioned going down to the artwalk like they do to raise some cash but folks didn't seem to be interested in doing that. Thats fine, but then we need other suggestions on things to do besides just doing Bookmans....Bookmans is great but we need variety.

*adds artwalk to mental list for fund raising*

Quote:
Heidi: 4. I'd like to add another thing to that list and that is 12 - Swag/Promotional Material I'm slowly working on these things, but honestly I need Mikes help. Mike I know you are busy but I can take care of the ordering/organizational/sales side if you can help me with the design.

Surprised I started thinking about swag after I posted the list. I would love to see/purchase MEB specific business cards, costume support t-shirts, challenge coins, etc. Smile

Quote:
Joel: I would like to respond to number 4. While I don't have a fringe costume myself, I would love to see us achieve yet another detachment. Also, having these costumes would certainly take the groups costumes in a different direction. We'd see more scoundrels as well as pilots, Jedi, Rft's, etc. Variety is always good.

I loved Josh and Jack as Han and Chewie at the Tucson Parade of Lights, so it would be really cool to have a Lando and more smugglers. Wink Smile

And I thought of two more things to add to the list (not that it'll actually happen, but I can still add it):

13 - MEB goes to Yuma!

We keep talking about visiting where "Return of the Jedi" was shot, and if we're actually going to do it we need to go sometime February/March before it gets too hot.

14 - MEB to Disneyland for Star Wars weekend and Star Tours!

I would love to see a group trip to see Star Tours before it closes, and meet some of the Sunrider Base people. Smile

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Wish List Reply with quote

Hey Carol: How about adding a scrapbook online to the RL Forum so those interested can see what we do!!!

As for the Disney Land & Yuma Trips as soon as I get money together count me in!!

Any word on whether they got the "For Sale" thread open to everyone?

Can we also look in to the Hermione Bagwa character she was a human waitress that worked in Dexter Jettster's Diner- may have been seen briefly in scene where Obi Wan goes to Dexter with the Saber Dart

Just wondering
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Wish List Reply with quote

PhxEris wrote:
Hey Carol: How about adding a scrapbook online to the RL Forum so those interested can see what we do!!!

Well, we have our blog website: www.moseisleybase.com

When we are at conventions, we have our binders with costumes (which probably does need updating). I know Heidi mentioned the idea of having a powerpoint presentation or a DVD of pictures from our events to show at conventions, so that's sort of scrapbookish, I believe.

Quote:
Any word on whether they got the "For Sale" thread open to everyone?

In reference to the metallic name badges, no. Those are for 501st and Rebel Legion members only, as far as I am aware.

Quote:
Can we also look in to the Hermione Bagwa character she was a human waitress that worked in Dexter Jettster's Diner- may have been seen briefly in scene where Obi Wan goes to Dexter with the Saber Dart

Under Allies: Citizens of the Republic there is one formal/canon version of that costume:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=2371

I believe there is a picture of her in the Star Wars Attack of the Clones visual guide, but I don't have a copy to confirm my thought. For construction tips and help on that costume, I would suggest posting a thread in the Rebel Supporters forum:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

*Cricket, Cricket*
TC-9285 (Tristan)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the badges, I'd be willing to start taking names and order if that's ok?

Edit- Sorry, my mistake. I'll help with the bulk order if necessary, though.

Last edited by TC-9285 (Tristan) on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC-9285 wrote:
As far as the badges, I'd be willing to start taking names and order if that's ok? As for member/non-member status, maybe he'll do them anyway since it's a bulk order?

Guys I know we really want to include those who are currently non-members in stuff...we have a great support group. However these badges, as with anything else that is for sale in the Legion Merch thread are for MEMBERS ONLY. This is one of the perks of being an actual, official, completed costume wearing member of the RL...you get cool swag.

Tristan I'm sending you a PM

Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC-9285 wrote:
As far as the badges, I'd be willing to start taking names and order if that's ok?

Edit- Sorry, my mistake. I'll help with the bulk order if necessary, though.

That would be quite fabulous of you, though I'm starting to think I might be the one of the few who is really interested at the moment. Wink Smile I'll bring it up at the meeting for sure.

*Cricket, Cricket*
PhxEris ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we can give the artwalk another chance?

Hey Joel: I would be willing to help with Art Walk!!!
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi -

buttercup valley is in california , not Yuma. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: