About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f454a16550077595c25b632e1365151eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

June 13th event in Sac.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

On june 13th there will be another event in Sac. at the Scottish Rite Temple from 10am to 4pm. The 501st will be there again and I will be there with my group. At the last event the RL out numbered the 501st. There were over 10-15 members in costume, I look foreward to doing the same again. Hope to see some of you there.

MTFBWY,

Master Jedi

Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

Not sure if I can make that one (wife's birthday). I'll have to either use the Jedi Mind Trick or take her out to dinner the night before.

Bob
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

Yay! Another event at the Scottish Rite Temple!

I will definitely be here, though I think that is the weekend before my Commencement ceremony (and finals) so I'll try to take some time out of my busy life to go.

Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

Whoops. I will NOT be able to make the June 13th event - I just realized I have a previous committment.

I will be doing the announcing for the Northern California All-American Soapbox Derby, in Vallejo, CA. (Did it last year as a favor for a friend, got invited back this year.)

Bob

qui-gundi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

well i'm going MJ
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

Good to hear AJ! Let me know if you need a ride.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

Master Jedi and I have been discussing getting the RL involved with the fund raising that the 501st does. This is what he found out:

Well I talked to Brian at 501st and found out some things,here they are:

For starters we should donate to the same charity as the 501st so there won't be a feeling of competition amongst groups.

We should also place our table in a different part of the building, for the same reasons.

We should also get a photo album going and of course flyers and don't forget music, If we don't have these things or more on the table than what is the point of having a table? I'll let you guys get the fyers going since you have access to other members where as I do not.

If we are to be guests and advertise our group then we should stive for a high standard in our behavior and of course our costumes. We should try to look as movie accurate as possable ( just like the 501st),we should also try and not have people in EU garb, I know that people want to be original and have red or blue tabards, but if it wasn't seen in the movies than we in the means of being proffesional shouldn't have it eather. this isn't intended for anyone, but as a group.

we should also be prepared for the fact that some people may not want to get their pics taken with us but with helmeted  authentic looking imperials.

I think this would be a great way to get our name and cause out there. For those of you going, would you be able to help out? We are missing a few things that a table should have, I have music but no portable CD player, I have some pictures and Bantha Tracks that I thought would be good. If everyone could bring some photos we could start an album that shows our presence at each of the events we have attended. I know there is a RL banner floating around somewhere, but I don't know who has it.

Post your ideas or suggestions!

Bridget

Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

If I may add to this discussion, variety adds to the spice of life. The Reble Legion as a whole would benefit with added variety costumes. The RL would definitely benefit from infusion of rebel costumes from the original trilogy films like x-wing pilots, rebel troopers, rebel hoth troopers, endor commandos and other such character types.

For the general public, these types of images from the original trilogy come to mind when they think of the Rebel Alliance.

I have organized a few hospital visits for the Central CaIifornia garrison. However, the first one that I attended back in 2002 was put together by the 501st SCA and the RL Southern California Base. As all the imperials were covered, I was asked to dress up in my jedi garb to help balance out open face and masked costumes. While I appreciated my time there, I felt awkward explaining to child patients who I was (ie I was just a generic jedi knight at the Battle of Geneiosis). With the Star Wars films, certain images and names just stand out for the general public.

To throw out some idea for those who may want to consider additional options along with your current wardrobe, you may want to check out the following links.

Rebel pilot

http://www.jedi-academy.com/rebel_pilot_tips.html

http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=65557&forum=1

http://www.partsofsw.com/xwpilot.htm

Rebel fleet trooper

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/rebelfleettrooper/main.html

Endor Rebel Commando

http://www.partsofsw.com/enreb.htm

The way that I see it, one needs a balance of hero outfits and villians as I think these pictures demonstrate.

Kamira ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

I'll difenatly try to be there on June 13th.

Thanks for the info Tionne.  Great work.

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

It's now official, the RL will have a table at the Comic Show. We will be guests. Just like the 501st, this will be our first time having a table at this venue. This will be a steping stone way to grow and to spead the word that there is a Rebel Legion out there.

We will have SW music, RL fyers to hand out , picture album ( we need more pics) and hopefully recruit new members, A couple of SW props on the table, if anyone has a fighter pilot helmet or something that would help. We are currently working on getting a banner and I am also working on the      " Have your pic with a Jedi" idea.

Anyone with Rebel Costumes ( Fighter Pilots, Rebel Cammado, Fleet Trooper) are strongly encouraged to attend. And of course anyone in costume are encouraged to attend.

This will be our first event, but with eveyone's help this can and will get bigger and better overtime. Whomever plans on being there, post your input so I will have a idea of how many of us will be there.

MTFBWY,

Master Jedi

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

*freaking out just a little* I still don't have the banner...I don't even know if it has been sent yet. Well, we still have 6 postal days for it to arrive.

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it.  I don't think that we should do eveything ourselfes. Everyone who wants to be a part should contribute to the whole.

Just speaking my mind again.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

I agree. Though I think they will let us still have a table even without the banner as long as we have flyers and information on who we are. We just need to explain to them that we did our best to get it, but things happen and try to get one for the next event.
Kamira ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

I'm going to be there.  I'll try to arrive at 9am, but I have to leave by 1pm.

I'll see if I have some pictures to bring along.

And for something alittle off topic.

I work with a Non Profit group (Napa/Solano Head start... Child Start)

The are going to be doing the Napa' Chef Market on September 3rd.  We wanted to see if The Rebel Legion, Sacramento Rouge's and the 501st would be interested in volunteering and coming down and walking through the crowd.... maybe do some activities with the kids and such.

I'd like to see what everyone thought.  If everyone agrees we will probably make a whole Star Wars theme.

Kamira ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: June 13th event in Sac. Reply with quote

I just got back from the Comic Con.  It was diffenitely a learning experince.

It was too bad we couldn't get  the banner.  I think it would of helped.  But I think we'll know what needs to be done next time.

Had a great time..  Loved meeting the people in attendance.   See ya soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: