About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3255f79b937a057cb725db467e355e77Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Sacramento Santa Parade 11/28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Leia1138Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:29 pm
Quinlan VosWed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 pm
User Registered Confirmed
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: EVENT REQ: Sacramento Santa Parade 11/28 Reply with quote

WHAT:
2009 Downtown Sacramento Santa Parade

WHEN: Saturday, November 28 at 10 AM (should last around 2 hours)

WHERE: Parade starts at 9th & I Streets (more information on when and where to meet will follow)
Route goes east on I to 13th Street, south on 13th, west on L and north on 7th to end at K St. Reviewing stand at North Steps

RESPOND BY: Monday, November 9

Mark has invited Endor Base to join the Central California Garrison for a holiday parade.

The garrison parade vehicle will be used at this event.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Central California Garrison and Endor Base braved 35+ mph winds and chilly temperatures to participate in Sacramento's Santa Parade last Saturday. Since it was a Christmas parade, we all wore some type of holiday decorations like santa hats, elf hats and reindeer antlers. Myke and I were asked to be judges for the best decorated CCG member.

We all warmed up once we started walking. Eugene lost a decoration and had his santa hat fly off and I had my hood whipping me in the face due to the wind but we finished the parade unscathed. I was amazed that there was a decent turn out of people watching the parade and of course there were lots of kids excited to see their favorite Star Wars characters.

Mark Chu-Lin got some great pictures which you can see here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35169375@N00/sets/72157622771232949/

Here are a few pics from my camera.

Mary and I by the garrison parade truck.

Myke and Eugene dueling by a fountain.

Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina, thanks for posting Mark's photo link and posting your pics. Here is a link to CCG member S. Brusig's pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45172608@N08/

The gusty wind was my only complaint. I witnessed a 4 year old kid getting knocked over by the wind. That had to be confusing for the poor little guy.

Looking forward to the Modesto parade now...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting those picture Eugene. I like how there are some landmarks in the backgrounds like the Hard Rock, convention center and the capitol.

I didn't see the kid get knocked over, but I'm not surprised! I felt it push me along a few times while we were walking. By the way your Maul costume looks fantastic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: