About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c0e713e27c06821d94ac48876e0d2825Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Where Science Meets Imagination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Windu ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Introductions first. I am Josh (Ice Windu) Wood from down here in Tranquility Base (Al) and current XO. As I am sure you have all heard that we are playing host to the WSMI (see thread name) this upcoming summer. I would like everyone personally to visit the site (www.bamarebels.com) and check out the forums where we are currently discussing the event and our participation.

We have been in talks with the USSRC, AKA Space and Rocket Center, in Huntsville about the magnitude of the event and our level of participation. We currently have every member of our base and our brothers and sisters in the AL garrison of the 501st signed up to attend opening weekend and most weekends throughout the time it is down here. We are reaching out a hand in inviting every member from our sister bases that are interested in coming down for this AWESOME event and trooping with us. This event is a LFL event and we are very excited to play host to it!

If possible, we would like to know who would be interested in coming down and what accommodations would be required.

Again, should you have any questions concerning this event please log onto the forums and ask. ALL input is welcomed and greatly appreciated!
I look forward to talk with all of you!

Joshua Wood
"Ice Windu"
Tranquility Base XO 2008-2009

Corellian Base-->Alabama Outpost-->Tranquility Base-->Tranq. Base XO
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a fun event, I'm looking forward to trooping it.
What are the dates the show is open?
As for accommodations I'd say a secure changing area, refreshments, snacks/meal tickets and a hotel for members that are traveling some distance. Also, allowing family members in without charge will be a big plus.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fiance and I will be there as much as we can be. We'll be staying with a friend in Huntsville if we end up staying over night, its only about an hour and 20 minutes from us.
Ice Windu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, cannot wait to meet you, Wolfie!

Fallen: Here are the dates for the event. Now these are just the weekend dates but the exhibit will be open all week as well!

June 24 (Thursday) VIP private showing
June 25 (Friday) OPENING DAY , Legion Meet and greet social 8pm-11pm
June 26 (Saturday) Legion Mixer 8pm-11pm
June 27 (Sunday)

July 2 (Friday) Legion meet and great social 8-11pm
July 3 (Sat)
July 4 (Sunday)

*following dates are only Sat's and Sun's listed*

July 10
July 11

July 17
July18

July24
July25

July31
Aug1

Aug 7
Aug 8

Aug 14
Aug 15

Aug 21
Aug 28

Sept 4
Sept 5
Sept 6 (Laborday) Closing Weekend!

Ice Windu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATE

We have an Official meeting with the Gentleman responsible for this event immediately following the new Years holiday on the 9th! We will solidifying all of the details and have a formalized plan in place and ready a few days after (when I type everything up and make it prettah Very Happy ). Right now we are nailing down most of the BIG things and we may come away with some exciting new so stay tuned!

We have a deal that we are working on with the Marriot, which is withing walking distance to the Space and Rocket Center. Anyone who has been to DC, this is shorter than the Con block walk!

Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man,

I am going to try to make it. I know I promised Adam I will be there. He stated I better so I guess I will be there. The date will proably be the openning weekend.
Ice Windu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....it was either come on your own volition or be subject to kidnapping and ridding in the back of the car all the way down here! LOLZ> Glad to see you coming Alex!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: