Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fbc7c828e2862d27e42b1026eb47240dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SW Concert promo with "Fox News Rising," Nov 6, Ch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkstrider ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: SW Concert promo with "Fox News Rising," Nov 6, Ch Reply with quote

Hey, troops,

I've talked with Rick and Jada about this event, and wanted to get the word out and start recruiting the Rebels! Here in NC, the 501st Carolina Garrison has been doing some promotions for Star Wars in Concert, one of which was a recent TV shoot for the morning program "Fox News Rising" here in Charlotte. At that time, we were requested to provide only armored troopers; however, both the program anchor and the local concert promoter now want to do another TV appearance in November, and get in as many Star Wars characters, both Imperial and Rebel, as possible. Due to the nature and public appearance of this event, it's requested that we have only canon (recognizable) characters from the movies (Eps I-VI and the Clone Wars), but they would like as many folks there as possible.

The event will take place at the concert arena here in Charlotte; the only drawback is that we'd have to be there about 5 am, for the morning shoot. Smile The organizers have told me, though, that we'd be provided parking, plenty of secure space to change/stow our gear, and they hope to work with one of their other sponsers (Chick-Fil-A) to provide breakfast for everyone.

If you think you can make it, please let me know, and also what costume/character you would like to be! I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as ANH Leia, but I would be glad to have one of each of the different versions of each "face" characters (for instance, ANH classic Leia, ANH Ceremonial Leia, Endor Leia, etc.). And of course any and all canon Jedi and clone troopers are welcome, the more the merrier!

Thanks, troops!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cher for posting this up. Please check your schedules and post your formal costume (especially if you are doing a face character) ASAP so Cher can get organized. This is finally a chance for us to do something in support of Star Wars in concert!!!

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"

Last edited by Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis) on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jedi master vidal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what day in nov ?

and what star wars concert? is it this one http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/
Darkstrider ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That day/date is Friday, Nov. 6, the day before the cocert here in Charlotte. Smile Please come if you can!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just bumping this up!

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Founder - Blue Ridge Base

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Darkstrider ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jada! I have just been talking today with the event organizers to work on some details, and can post those us--again, I'd be very glad to have any and all Rebels join us for this if you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: