About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=471f41520b0d9616e8f1d97683728c4aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

LED Light Order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: LED Light Order Reply with quote

Attention all Pilots, aspiring Pilots, or people who want cool blinky lights! I'm planning on ordering a couple of these LED light sets to add to some of my costumes and was wondering if anyone else wanted to get in on the order! These would be very easy to add to a Pilot chestbox which is what I plan on doing.

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=448

The lights are $7.50/set and they will ship up to 12 sets in one box for $5.50. I'm going to order 2 sets so there is room for 10 more!

Phyllis has used a set of these on her Combox for her RFT Helmet. See them in action: http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Misc/?action=view&current=100_5479.flv

If you are interested post up here what you want (clear or multi-color) and how many. I'll place the order and peeps can pay me at the next workshop or event. I'm going to place the order on Friday November 7th!

DroidWelder ()

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are coming up on Christmas time, These battery operated LED light displays should be popping up all over the place. I use one that I bought last year at Walgreens for the front logic display on the Clone Wars R2 D2. The price was $3.99. Wal-Mart, Target, ect.. should also carry them during the holidays. I see them every year at Walgreens.
I have also seen Orange colored ones during halloween on ocasion too.
It wouldn't hurt to check your local stores to see if any are left on clearance.

David L.
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a sample pic Dave? The reason I'm liking these is because its still small enough to tuck into the Chest Box or use in a gauntlet like I intend to for my Mando.

DroidWelder ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones I'm talking about take 2 AA batteries with the battery/control box only a little larger than the batteries as seen in my photo below.
If space is at a premium (like for use in thin guantlets) the ones you linked to may be a better choice for size.
Mine will fit in a pilot chest box or RFT helmet com box no problem.
Of course these will differ some between manufacturers and number of LED's in the string, and /or batteries it takes. (The more LED's it comes with, the more batteries required.)

These also do not come with any "O" rings, though I don't really know how well an O-ring will hold the LED's in place. I would choose an LED holder or a rubber grommet over an O-ring for mounting them.

I do have some blinky LED things that operate on button cells (like the ones you linked to) But the button cells don't last very long because they are too small and cannot provide the appropriate power output for any length of time. You may not get more than 30 to 45 minutes out of them before you'll need new batteries. (That gets expensive)
The AA Blinkies last a very longggggggg time! I've only had to change the batteries twice since the droid was built in January/February 09.

The box will likely look a little different when they become available again this year.

David L.
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh very good Dave! I spoke with Phyllis because she initially posted that these ran off AA but she confirmed that they were indeed button batteries and she didn't convert them.

I'm going to put this order on hold for now and see what I can find locally. The pilot chestbox isn't a big deal on size because there is a lot of room to fit stuff, but I may need to still go with these on the gauntlets.

Darkshifter82 ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think they would be good in gauntlets I would like to buy a set, unless this has been put on hold for the moment?

I will also look at stores during this holiday season too.
Darkshifter82 ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A multi-colored set of LED's to be precise Smile forgot to add that.
Blazshtaliar ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DroidWelder wrote:
The ones I'm talking about take 2 AA batteries with the battery/control box only a little larger than the batteries as seen in my photo below.
If space is at a premium (like for use in thin guantlets) the ones you linked to may be a better choice for size.
Of course these will differ some between manufacturers and number of LED's in the string, and /or batteries it takes. (The more LED's it comes with, the more batteries required.)

These also do not come with any "O" rings, though I don't really know how well an O-ring will hold the LED's in place. I would choose an LED holder or a rubber grommet over an O-ring for mounting them.

David L.

Saw these same exact ones at a local Walgreens, i picked a few up! Gonna try to put them in my Clone compad.

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazshtaliar wrote:
DroidWelder wrote:

David L.

Saw these same exact ones at a local Walgreens, i picked a few up! Gonna try to put them in my Clone compad.

I will be heading to Walgreens today then!

Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! I saw the lights at Walgreens today and I rushed home to tell you all...

...that someone else got here first. *sigh*

Razz
DroidWelder ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
If anyone wanted one of these LED light sets and has not bought one yet, now is the time to get them.
They are 50% off at Walgreens and I've noticed only a few left at the stores I've been to.

David L.
SpaceWolf (Jay Zarecki)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. these look like the same set i have in my spacepack that i built back when first joining the legion in 2002.

very good. hopefully the brightness has been upgraded since than
WillardStone ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: LED Light Order Reply with quote

Zen Solo wrote:
Attention all Pilots, aspiring Pilots, or people who want cool blinky lights! I'm planning on ordering a couple of these led light sets to add to some of my costumes and was wondering if anyone else wanted to get in on the order! These would be very easy to add to a Pilot chestbox which is what I plan on doing.

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=448

The lights are $7.50/set and they will ship up to 12 sets in one box for $5.50. I'm going to order 2 sets so there is room for 10 more!

Phyllis has used a set of these on her Combox for her RFT Helmet. See them in action: http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Misc/?action=view&current=100_5479.flv

If you are interested post up here what you want (clear or multi-color) and how many. I'll place the order and peeps can pay me at the next workshop or event. I'm going to place the order on Friday November 7th!

These lights are very nice and effective.. Prices have come down in recent times which has increased there demand lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: