About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cb7fb59fe4e7b19dad7656f585772228Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ROTJ Han Solo DL-44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: ROTJ Han Solo DL-44 Reply with quote

I am looking for a metal flash hider to complet my blaster. Any help will do
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For which version? Short cubes, long cubes, or long irregular cubes?

Have a nice day,
Michael
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looking for RotJ one like when he is at the bunker. I did not know there was 3 for that movie?
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately these 3 are only the most known versions - there were even more used, some very strange, too.

Not only the empire failed on Endor , so did the prop-department, too. Laughing

As a example - i made this ROTJ: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33886

And while i´ve put a lot of work and research into it, it has it´s flaws i knew when making it - nothing major, but small details (that most people would never notice). I mixed details i like from the 3 major versions on this (and will fix it later when i make the other 2 versions, but the needed MGCs are hard to get).

I´m not at home where i could check my files, so ...... iirr the short cube alu-flashhider i used is originally belonging to the version with a different scope bracket and no milled details on the other side, a safety lever (and maybe checkered grips, but i´m not sure atm.)

Then there was this version with the clear milled details and this scopemount - which would need the long cubed flashhider with the irregular spaced pattern, made from black Delrin, painted silver and scorched to see the black shining through. Needs a safety lever.

The next was this version but with irregular (sloppy) milled details, without a safety lever, and a flashhider with long even cubes, made from alu.

OK, i know i´m a blaster freak. Laughing

That should be mainly correct - if you need it verified cause beeing looking for a accurate as possible flashhider, i can search my files the next days. If you were only interested in a generic ROTJ flashhider - sorry for all this disturbing facts. Wink Just ignore them. Mr. Green

Have a nice day,
Michael
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! would like to see all side by side. Looking for the one like when he at the bunker.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far right...

cut scene

cut scene

Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you meant there was 3 different tips for ROTJ. I am looking for a metal one from ROTJ. Like the pic w/ all 3 your just mission the Greedo killer
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...

Yeah, I am only aware of the 2 flash suppresors for the bunker scene... was not aware there was 3 either...

like to see the third...
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are......

Version 1 - clean milled details, no safety lever, pistons pop-rivetet, flashhider with long uneven cubes (black plastik silver painted). Ignore the scopes missing frontbell, it got lost later.

Version 2 - unclean milled details, safety lever, pistons fastened with philips head screws, flashhider with short even cubes (maybe painted plastic, too).

Version 1 and 2 had similar made right sides/scopemounts:

Pic from the parts of SW site)

Version 3

With safety lever, checkered grips, no additional detailing on the scope side (no idea what´s on the other side, but from a screenshot i believe it has at least the 2 pistons), different scopemount, alu flashhider with long even cubes

Have a nice day,
Michael
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL WOW Thanks for taken me to school. I be looking for the one that is like in the pic w/green lines
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was schooled as well... what scene has the long squares in the flash hider?

I wish I had noticed that earlier...lol, simply never noticed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: