About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50b62fe9539f7596335567bba5da00daMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars in Concert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(5)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Chris LeeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:08 am
GotWookieeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:40 pm
jonathansamsSat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 am
jedi hairmasterWed Dec 02, 2009 3:27 am
kelldarThu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm
Vesper2112Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:00 pm
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Star Wars in Concert
Event: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:00 am

Star Wars in Concert
Dec 13 09 Nashville
Sommet Center - Tickets On Sale Oct. 24th
http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

Hey Fellow Rebels,

If we worked with the concert and turned this into a trooping event how many people would be interested?
Please post here if this is something you would troop.

FYI:
I spoke with the concert coordinator today and they are asking for 20-30 troopers (501st/RL combined)in order to participate in this.
Please note that trooping the event is no guarantee of getting to see the show.
Also we will need a lot of handlers for this.

MTFBWY,

Last edited by FallenJedi () on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
jedi hairmaster ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: STAR WARS Reply with quote

sounds great, count me in and with a handler. Very Happy
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on attending in costume please post what costume you are going to be wearing.

Please note this came from the Base Command area on the boards about costumes:
Quote:

Costume Approval

We would like to see a minimum and maximum combined total of 20 to 30 costumed characters at each event. This number should be approximately a 70/30% split. For example: Fourteen 501st participants and six Rebel Legion participants. This figure does not include handlers, as their numbers depend upon your judgment. For costumes, we are open to your opinions and excited to see your creativity. Characters recognizable by name and members of squads, such as Storm Troopers or Rebel Pilots, are always well received by the crowds. We ask that a picture of any costume being worn to this event by a participant be sent to us at least a week prior to the night of appearance. Don’t hesitate to send pictures of any droids you feel would make a good addition to the ranks. Do keep in mind that any droid that is small or low to the ground has a very high chance of being stepped on or tripped over. If this is the case, we will likely not approve its use throughout the exhibit, and must reserve any judgment regarding these until we see them on show night.

"I'm only a simple trained killer, but something tells me never to eat in a restaurant with a bad pun over the door." Sev
kelldar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do get to troop this, I'll be there as Leia.
My friend Ninjamonkey may also be able to come, she's not sure yet.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: star wars Reply with quote

I'll be there as Barriss Offee or if I get approval in time maybe snowbunny Padme. Will let you know. Smile
Dark Wolf (Fred C. Parsons III)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good do we have anymore. Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

"I'm only a simple trained killer, but something tells me never to eat in a restaurant with a bad pun over the door." Sev
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure yet, is there a cut off date to sign up?

Will we just be trooping the concourse/outside the show or will there be an onstage component/skit? Will we need rehersal time before the show?

If you don't have tickets to the show can you still troop? I'm probably going to catch the show itself a little closer.
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedimika wrote:
Not sure yet, is there a cut off date to sign up?

Will we just be trooping the concourse/outside the show or will there be an onstage component/skit? Will we need rehersal time before the show?

If you don't have tickets to the show can you still troop? I'm probably going to catch the show itself a little closer.

All great questions:
No cut off date yet. I was told as the concert gets closer they will call me and ask for the number of troopers we will have. I will give them the number and list of names, after that no more additions.
No trooping on stage or anything like that.
Tickets are not required to troop the concert. (I will say if you don't want to miss the show you should go ahead a buy tickets.)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to make it but I have to wait closer to the date. I would be coming as a handler if I did come.

jedi hairmaster ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: star wars Reply with quote

Do you know anything new on this yet. Just wanted to know before I buy tickets. So far it's not looking like to many Correllians are trooping this yet.
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they will not be contacting us until days before the show. It will all happen at the last minute when it does. I know that makes planning difficult on our end but that's the way they are handling it. They coordinators are on the road with the show and only plan the next show(as far as we are concerned) a few days ahead of time.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: star wars Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Tambo with the MSG will be coordinating this event. If you are planning to troop this please contact him through the MSG web-site or PM me and I'll send you his email address.

You will need to have a full length picture of your costume ready to submit in the next day or so.

As of now the show time is 3:30pm Sunday. We do not know if anyone trooping this who has not purchased a ticket will be allowed to attend the concert. If you have purchased a ticket and are trooping you must be out of costume during the concert, no costumes are allowed in the concert itself.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenJedi wrote:
UPDATE: Tambo with the MSG will be coordinating this event. If you are planning to troop this please contact him through the MSG web-site or PM me and I'll send you his email address.

You will need to have a full length picture of your costume ready to submit in the next day or so.

As of now the show time is 3:30pm Sunday. We do not know if anyone trooping this who has not purchased a ticket will be allowed to attend the concert. If you have purchased a ticket and are trooping you must be out of costume during the concert, no costumes are allowed in the concert itself.

That's interesting about the decision to not allow costumes during the show. I attended the show in Dallas while I was down there for Fan Days III and there were a number of costumes that were worn during the show. Is that a decision specific to the Sommet Center?
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenKenobi wrote:
FallenJedi wrote:

That's interesting about the decision to not allow costumes during the show. I attended the show in Dallas while I was down there for Fan Days III and there were a number of costumes that were worn during the show. Is that a decision specific to the Sommet Center?

That is specifically listed in the concert guidlelines for the 501st/RL and is what the concert coordinator told me. They may allow exceptions on a case by case if you have a nose bleed seat. Basically, they said they do not want anyone in costume to be a distraction from the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: