About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b724e2cb705494641f80c1e3d55e784cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SW in Concert 11/3/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (6)
 4 slots left to register.
 (4)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
PhrogTue Oct 06, 2009 12:28 am
Obaa-san BrendaTue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 am
Funky BunsWed Oct 07, 2009 8:03 pm
Kryy JacobiThu Oct 08, 2009 2:37 am
SamuraiThu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 pm
danbakeronlineSun Nov 01, 2009 11:59 pm
WolfieTue Oct 06, 2009 2:52 am
D-WanWed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am
kayia securaSat Oct 10, 2009 1:02 am
Jarren LandcasterMon Oct 12, 2009 1:50 pm
Cam R'MalaTue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 pm
Khanbob42 (Joshua Hysong)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the concert. It was PHENOMENAL.

I got to see a few of you there. I'm not sure who is who yet but before the concert I saw Boushh, a Rebel Pilot, A Tie Pilot and Leia standing together. The crowd was too big then for me to introduce myself but you guys looked great!

After the show my girlfriend and I bumped into Karyn in her Jedi Costume. There weren't a ton of people around so I took a second to say hello. She gave us a couple quick costume tips and I was able to hold her fantastic lightsaber! (I have saber envy)

Overall a great night! Thanks Karyn and the rest! Very Happy
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great concert and a fantastic troop! (even though I was on the 'other' side Laughing )

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Samurai ()

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show was great. Atlanta traffic and accidents hit he hard getting there, but we got there just after 6. R2 got in the door and was instantly mobbed. I was told I had to move because of fire codes, blocking the doors... but when I went to move him I was told I could not move him. The security guard was really giving us a hard time. In the end it all worked out.

Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concert was cool beyond cool! Surprised I was in awe the whole time.Mr. Green

Khanbob42, I wish we were able to introduce ourselves. It was so crazy with all of the people wanting to take pictures. But I'm glad you had a good time. I'm sure we'll have other opportunities to meet each other.

Dan, I wish I would've known where you and R2 were. That would've been a great photo opp for people. And like you said some of the security was kind of hard to deal with. Me and Susan/Yodafiend were stopped by a woman when we were trying to get back to the dressing area. I was in my Leia costume, and was heading back to put my stuff up, and she would NOT let us back to the main dressing area. Even when we told her who we were, she didn't believe us. Rolling Eyes She was insistent rant that we were NOT going to go back there. I was thinking to myself....."OK, OK, she's doing her job, but COME ON!!!" It's called communication people. shoot me

But over-all I had a wonderful time!!! pompom
Samurai ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mainly up in the front, first at the front middle door and then Dan Baker let me use his spot and he led a parade of people to another spot. So I ended up between the Chewie display and the merchandise store.

I never really saw anyone, except for Dan Baker, before the show. It was kind of strange not seeing anyone.
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz (Tie Pilot) and I were headed in that direction but never made it that far as we were hemmed up by people wanting pics.

Thanks to everyone who came out. You could really tell that the public appreciated seeing us there and the kids were thrilled! Very Happy

Beth
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Whatta night! Jason and I could not move we were so mobbed by the crowd! But it was so awesome! Very nice meeting many new faces from the Rebel side of things. Hope to see you all again soon!

Rebel Legion Profile

Samurai ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loosetoon wrote:
Wow! Whatta night! Jason and I could not move we were so mobbed by the crowd! But it was so awesome! Very nice meeting many new faces from the Rebel side of things. Hope to see you all again soon!

I remember seeing you getting mobbed for pictures afterwards while I was getting R2 to the front door... it was crazy.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khanbob42 wrote:
Just got back from the concert. It was PHENOMENAL.

I got to see a few of you there. I'm not sure who is who yet but before the concert I saw Boushh, a Rebel Pilot, A Tie Pilot and Leia standing together. The crowd was too big then for me to introduce myself but you guys looked great!

After the show my girlfriend and I bumped into Karyn in her Jedi Costume. There weren't a ton of people around so I took a second to say hello. She gave us a couple quick costume tips and I was able to hold her fantastic lightsaber! (I have saber envy)

Overall a great night! Thanks Karyn and the rest! Very Happy

Hey, I'm glad you two spoke to me! Remember if you have any questions, we're happy to help. We'd like to see you approved and trooping! Smile

(BTW, this Jedi thing about "no attachments" doesn't work.... lightsabers are like potato chips... you can't have just one... they get kind of addictive. Laughing)

I agree with everyone... it was a wonderful experience...the smiles on the kids' faces... and the parents' and grandparents'... one very handsome silver-haired gentleman was just beaming as he took pictures of multiple grandchildren. Brenda was great at getting the Padawans to do the "back to back" pose with the sabers. And one little clone was just meekly holding his blaster at his side until we encouraged him to pose...

Also it was great to see some of those costumes up close. I mean what kind of nerd obsesses over the seam in Plo's hood... Wink
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: concert Reply with quote

Like everyone, Randy and I had a blast. It was wonderful seeing everyone and the concert was Fanastic!. After we get home, I'll try to post some pics. I saw some on the Ga garrison side and I'd like a set of them, too. If you haven't seen them, give them a look. Let's do this again in March when the Atlanta Symphony plays SW.
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a note I received today:

Hi Beth and Steve,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to you and all your troops!! We wish we would've had more time to chat with you all at the end of the show, but things were moving rather quickly on the load-out end of things. We are all grateful for helping us complete such a wonderful experience for all those Star Wars fans out there! I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the concert. Kids big and small just glow when they see you out there. Please relay our gratitude to all your troops.

Thanks again,

Wendy

Great job everyone! Mr. Green

Beth
Yodafiend (Susan Nolan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of the best experiences ever. Having Anthony Daniels there was such a great surprise. I'm just thankful I was able to come even though I couldn't dress out. Nothing would have kept me in that hospital!!!!! When I saw my doctor on friday, first thing he asked me was "how was the show?"..lol. Thanks, Beth, for coordinating this great event!!!! And it was great seeing old and new faces.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: sw in concert Reply with quote

I'm going to post a few pics from the concert. I stole...appropriated 2 from the 501st site..hope they don't mind. If anyone has pics, I'd appreciate a copy of them.
Brenda

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: more pics Reply with quote

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: last set Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: