About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=05d684fff548e25a8e7968f32c63c3dfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Just visited Corellian Base...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rando Mextra (Mark Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Just visited Corellian Base... Reply with quote

I just spent a week in your neck of the woods and I didn't want to come home!

We stayed with some friends in Cosby, TN (20 min from Galinburg). Tooled around the Smokies, visited Knoxville briefly as well as Sevierville, Newport and some other small towns.

Maybe its my inner hillbilly, but I just felt comfortable there in the mountains. Since we have friends there now, we'll be able to visit more often. Perhaps one of these times, I'll even be able to attend a local RL event!!

Just wanted to let you all know what a beautiful area of the country you live in!!

Mark

Stormtroopers: The Other White Meat

Akasha ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt Tennessee amazing? When I came up here 5 years ago to work during a hurricane (I worked in Tampa during the 3 storm summer 2004), I fell in love with the state. It is then that I decided I was going to live here someday and now, here I am.

Try going to the Smokies in late October/November. The colors will boggle the Florida mans mind. Just too gorgeous to be real.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can stay on our couch any time! (er, after October 18th anyways, when the couch is actually in the apartment Razz )

I cant wait to get to camping over in that area again. Its been 2 years Sad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akasha,

We are hoping to do just that- we'll be back up there in a few weeks!

Crystal,

Where exactly are you moving to again?

Mark

Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Mickey wrote:
Akasha,

We are hoping to do just that- we'll be back up there in a few weeks!

Crystal,

Where exactly are you moving to again?

Mark

Franklin. Not far from Nashville. So not exactly the best place for a base of operations to the Smokys But alas. Razz about 4.5 hours from where I usually go camping... but thats better than the 8 it used to be from Tallahassee and the who knows how long from Sarasota lol.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I didn't realize it was TN you were moving to...

While we were up there, we had some more friends come over to visit for the day; they live in the Franklin area, and yes it took them about 4 hours to get there. Nice drive though!!

So we may have to take you up on the couch offer- got room for the three kids? Smile

M

Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Mickey wrote:

While we were up there, we had some more friends come over to visit for the day; they live in the Franklin area, and yes it took them about 4 hours to get there. Nice drive though!!

So we may have to take you up on the couch offer- got room for the three kids? Smile

M

airmatresses!! slumber party in living room. We can put you guys in the Geek Room lol Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
Jedi Mickey wrote:

M

airmatresses!! slumber party in living room. We can put you guys in the Geek Room lol Mr. Green

We'll feel right at home...

Mark

Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the Corellian Base thank you for visiting our wonderful base. However, on the side note I will say Corellian is much more then just Tennessee it is also Kentucky and Mississippi so please do not think Tennessee is the only state.

However, as a Tennesseean I want to say thank you. I live within the East division of East Tennessee, which is dominate by the Applachain Mts and the Plateaus. To me it is one of the most beautiful parts of Tennessee. However, the state has three major geographica divisions. The East which is in the Appalchain Mts and Valleys. The Middle w hich is made up of the Cumberland plateau and the grand basin area. Then it is West Tennessee wich is made up of the flat lands. If you ever see a Tennessee flag you will see it has three stars and each tar represent the geographical divison of east tennessee. Tennessee is very rich in history and geography if you ever get a chance I recomend visiting other sections of Tennessee.

Anyway I will stop being in teacher mood now however again thanks for visiting tennessee. I personally like the name HillBilly however please do not think we are anything like that sterotype.

Thanks and come again,
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Quite right on all counts! A visit like we just had makes me hungry to know more about the region- history, geography, etc.

I'm eager to visit other areas of TN for sure. We've always had a great love for the whole Smokies and nearby areas- whether its northeast Georgia, North Carolina, or now Tennessee, we always choose that area to go to when we have vacation time.

And I use the term 'Hillbilly' with much affection. There is a distinct mountain culture in certain regions that I find highly appealing. In my experience, I find many of the positive stereotypes to be true, while none of the negatives. The scenery brought us to the area, and the people have made us want to stay.

Mark

jedi hairmaster ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: tennessee Reply with quote

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed East Tennessee. I live in Knoxville, but my family came from deep inside the Smokies on Webb mountain and Webb Creek. Which is on the back side of Gatlinburg (Pittman Center) a back way to Cosby. Lots of good Irish and Scottish people up in there. Smile
Akasha ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franklin is an awesome area. Huge amount of history. We definately have to have a welcome to the Corellian Sector when you get settled. Give ya all the dish of the great places to visit. Centennial Park is a must. There are some great places to eat all over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: