About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b6b0c9996eb0524979a0a3849bf4c449Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars in Concert, Baltimore Nov 18th, 1st Mariner Arena
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (7)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
padme911Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 pm
AmalphieaWed Sep 30, 2009 2:16 am
darthig88Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:10 am
Combes777Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:18 pm
Luke WarmwaterWed Oct 21, 2009 1:17 pm
anakin skywalker IIIFri Oct 23, 2009 3:54 am
SilverbackFri Oct 23, 2009 3:45 pm
User Registered Confirmed
Silverback (Richard Berry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Star Wars in Concert, Baltimore Nov 18th, 1st Mariner Arena Reply with quote

I am in contact with Bryan White the CO for the Maryland 501st Legion because this is a co-legion event. Bryan White and I discussed and agreed for me to act as the point of contact for both the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion.

Below is the information you will need for this event. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them or PM me.

The Show
Star Wars in Concert is a 2-hour program comprised of two 45-minute acts and a 30-minute intermission. The show will generally run from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm with doors opening at 6 pm. There is also a full exhibit of props, costumes, and artwork traveling with the show. The exhibit will be in the lobbies and concourses of each venue.

Duties
501st and Rebel Legion participation is voluntary. Participants will interact with the concert audience, in character, throughout the exhibit prior to the concert event. Doors generally open 90 minutes prior to curtain and we expect our participants to be prepared and in costume by that time. We expect participants to arrive with enough time to be prepared 90 minutes prior to curtains. We also encourage participants to again interact with the audience, in character, after the concert. The audience will be taking their final walk through the exhibit as they exit and looking for last minute photo opportunities with costumed participants. We do not expect participants who have bought tickets to the show to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission.

Costume Guidelines
To avoid distraction from the show, participant’s costumes should not be worn in the concert arena, unless at the rear of the main floor or in the rear loges or balconies. We ask those who will be seeing the show to change into street clothes before entering the concert arena. We do not expect any participants who have bought tickets to interact with the audience on the concourse during the 30-minute intermission, as there is not enough time for participants to change into costume, interact with the audience, and change back into street clothes in that 30-minute time period. Participants should not be leaving the arena before the end of the first act in order to accomplish an intermission appearance. Those willing to change back into costume for an after show appearance are encouraged, and will be able to exit the arena for changing after the final montage of the second act.

Costume Approval
We would like to see a minimum and maximum combined total of 20 to 30 costumed characters at each event. It has been decided by the Old Line Garrison and Terrapin Base that this will be a 50/50 split with openings being offered to OLG and Terrapin members first, and then to out of state members thereafter. This figure does not include handlers, as their numbers depend upon your judgment. For costumes, we are open to your opinions and excited to see your creativity. Characters recognizable by name and members of squads, such as Storm Troopers or Rebel Pilots, are always well received by the crowds. We ask that a picture of any costume being worn to this event by a participant be sent to Richard "Silverback" Berry (email submission photos to crimsongryphon@yahoo.com also send a PM so that no submissions fall prey to the spam folder) NO LATER THAN NOV 4th, 2 weeks prior to Nov 18th, the night of appearance. Richard "Silverback" Berry is just the contact for the event and does not have the ability to approve or deny costumes for this event. Don’t hesitate to send pictures of any droids you feel would make a good addition to the ranks. Do keep in mind that any droid that is small or low to the ground has a very high chance of being stepped on or tripped over. If this is the case, we will likely not approve its use throughout the exhibit, and must reserve any judgment regarding these until we see them on show night.

Show Accommodations
We will make every attempt to provide participants a space within the concert arena to watch the show. What must be kept in mind is that while we will do our best to supply you with an audience space or seat, this will simply not be true for all cities. Anybody wishing to see the show without a purchased ticket will not know if this accommodation will be available until the night of the show. It is also important to know that any spaces we can provide will not often be of the highest caliber. Those wishing for a guaranteed or quality seat are recommended to purchase a ticket ahead of time.

Parking Passes
Again, this is something we hope to provide you with, but is not guaranteed. The venues control parking and although we ask for provided parking, it is not a constant that you should rely on. We are steadfast in suggesting that you carpool to these events. As we find out answers to this question, we will pass the appropriate information along to you.

Changing Room
We will make every attempt to provide participants with an appropriate changing room and the appropriate security. Please keep you personal possessions in a single bag or armor bin.

Photos received:

Richard "Silverback" - Tusken
Neil "Aurabesh" - Clone Wars Anakin
Kellie "Amalphiea" - Jawa
Rob "Jedi Jouster" - Tusken
James "Combes777" - Jedi
Heidi "blackeyedsusan" - Jawa
Don "Jerseyveers" - Omega Squad Republic Commando
Clark "Luke Warmwater" - Pilot
Ed "darthig88" - Jedi

Photos not received yet:
Becca "Padme911"

Last edited by Silverback (Richard Berry) on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total
darthig88 (Ed Bartlebaugh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm able to attend, I'll have a photo to you within a week or so.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just e-mailed you my pics Richard.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them Neil, Thanks! Smile
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pmed you some Jawa shots.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them, thanks Kellie.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the local commercial for this.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combes777 I received your photos.

Padme911 I have not yet received your photos.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is b/c I have not yet decided which Padme I am going to submit..... Amadalia
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme911 wrote:
That is b/c I have not yet decided which Padme I am going to submit..... Amadalia

I totally understand Smile You do have quite a selection to choose from.Take your time, I was only putting that out there as a reminder.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries...it has just been a rough couple of days Sad
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi is coming too. Many of the pics I sent have her in them too, can you please use the ones I sent for hers?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Jerseyveers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up under OLG to leave room for more interested Terrapins.

Luke Warmwater (Clark Oliver)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in as a pilot. Costume pic submitted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: