About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d8820ece9453b915d7f99ec3c67160b0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

WonderCon in San Francisco is coming up fast.

We had a good showing last year and had a join booth with the 501st.

Does anyone want to volunteer to lead the effort this year?

This person need to be well organized and be able to attend regular meeting with the organizers as the event gets closer. They would also be resposible for rallying the troops to staff the booth.

I would prefer if this person is in the Bay Area to make things easier and also if they are not a leader of another SW group to make sure they devote time to the Rebel cause.

I will be at the event, but can't be there 10 hours a day like last year.

Please send me a private message if you can help.

Thanks

Chris
Endor Base Commanding Officer

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Chris,

I would like to help as much as possible but I am not in the Bay Area and I am City Rep for the Sac Valley Rogue Force so I don't seem to be the prime choice. I will be there at least Saturday (all day) and probably Friday night as well and will be volunteering a few hours for WonderCon to off-set the cost of admission. If there is anything I can do from my limited position to help you out just let me know.

Bridget

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

by the way, speaking af Wondercon, what is the addmission price? thanks
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Thanks Bridget. I'm hoping I can still find someone to take the lead, but if we do get a booth then your top of my volunteer list

More details about WonderCon can be found at

http://www.wondercon.com/Pages/WhatsNew.html

Parade Padme ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd love to help volunteer too but I'll be working multiple booths
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi078 (James E. Douglas)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

I don't want to start a new thread for this question so I will ask here.

What time does the con open on friday the 29th?  In the morning? Or  the afternoon?  

I have checked the website it it does not say opening or closing times.  I am thinking to be there two days which two I don't know yet.  I still have to check on the hotel (not sure if there is space still at the sponser hotel) situation but the plane ticket from Portland is not bad.

Also. If I go I will have no problem running the booth with another person (we could switch off through out the day and thus have time to explore).

Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

I am presently planning on being there all three days, but I do not want to book myself solid with commitments. I will likely show up in Jedi garb at some point in the convention, but be in Imperial garb for most of it.

Bob

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

I too will be there on Sat. and Sun. with my padawan, I'll be wearing a different costume for each day. This one should be a great event.

MTFBWY,

Master Jedi

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

I have learned that Tobey Maguire (Spiderman) and Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb) will be attending WonderCon this year! For those who went last year, you may remember Mike joining us for our RL photos. He is a great guy and wonderful to talk to.

Hope to see you all there come April 30th! 

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Unfortunately, nobody stepped up to take the lead from the RL, therefore we'll not be having a booth this year.

I will be there every day in costume either as a rebel or as part of the 501st.

Parade Padme ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Maybe we can still go around handing out flyers? I'll be there with the 501st for Friday and Saturday but I'll be doing a costume change, mid way through so I can breathe without a mask. I'd be happy to spread the word out about the RL then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qui-gundi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

master_jedi the admission price is $30 for 3 days $15 for one day. or volunteer for three hours and get in free

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Thanks qui-qundi, sounds like a great deal how do I volunteer.
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

Is there still going to be a RL Photo shoot like last year in front of the MLK Jr. Memorial Fountain?

Last year it happened a couple of hours before the 501st.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2004 - RL lead organizer needed! Reply with quote

I think we should plan to meet up near the 501st booth and we can discuss photos and flyers there. That's where I plan to be for most of Saturday when I'm not volunteering.

Tonight is UNITY!!! YAY!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: