About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50a41bc2fdd11ad1c4050743d99f4fd7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bespin Security Guard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Bespin Security Guard Reply with quote

As a character in the OT, a Bespin Security Guard. Would this character fall RL or 501st? Is this character be a neutral costume? I am thinking about make this costume and doing research right now.

Last edited by Endorscout64 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be RL for sure since they're seen pointing guns at TKs at one point Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I was on the idea that the this character was neutral because in Episode V they kind a flip flop: Empire (dinning room scene and security tower scene) Then Rebels (Ambush scene).

Last edited by Endorscout64 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're allied with Lando, whose def. a RL costume. So I'd say RL...

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the costume go under Fringe or Trooper
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trooper. The troopers category also covers securty guard and police types, not just soldiers.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. I was researching last night and while searching , I checked SW.com and looked in the Database; I found the Bespin Guards in the organization section titled the Wing Guard. Looking at the profile I saw the Imperial cog in the groups' affiliation. Does this mean the the costume would be 501st?
duck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in cases like this, I like to use common sense. They work for Lando. Lando very quickly allies himselves with the Rebels. Cloud City operates outside of the empire, try, as Lando says, to "avoid and Imperial entanglements". And the guards help Chewie and Leia escape and draw weapons on stormtroopers.

Can't see how they could be considered in any way, shape or form as Imperial, so they fall in with the rest of us riff raff in the Rebel Legion, Supporters or Fringe. Basically, they ain't bad guys, so they gotta hang with the good guys.

Of course common sense hasn't always worked for the 501st or Rebel Legion when deciding allegiances for certain characters. How are Rex or any clones bad guys? (Clones are good guys in all movies and shows up until the last few minutes of ROTS) How are Tusken Raiders good guys? (They try to kill our hero. They are bad guys and don't belong here, in my book... let the 501st have 'em). You get my point, though.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides Tuskens, I've also wondered why Wampas are accepted in the RL.

I know they are creatures, but one of them injured Luke, killed his Taun-taun and dragged them both to it's cave. It ate the Taun-taun and put Luke in "cold storage" to eat later.

How is that a "good guy"? At best, it would be neutral, but I still don't get it.
Confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a little confused with the character's headwear. Many of the sources say it is a helmet but it looks vey much like an imperial cap.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Cloud Car pilots wear helmets, but the guards in the City don't. Maybe they are considered the same "Branch".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my notes have them being in all things in Cloud City; weathermen, traffic control, security,firefrighters, etc.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that should end your helmet confusion, then. They wear helmets when they are pilots, caps when they are security guards or whatever. Seems like the entry is incomplete, then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very much of the school of thought that says "I don't care what it is technically (materials, under-structure, etc.), I care if it looks like the film". If it looks like a cap and acts like a cap, it's a cap.

After studying the pics available, I guess you could say it's a cloth or canvas covered light helmet, but still, very cap-like in shape with maybe some sort of over sized stiff under shell, but still, it doesn't read as a "helmet" in classic sense to me.

So for my money, I'd make it to look what the item in the film looks like and ignore any wookieepedia/database garbage. That stuff is always rife with inaccuracies and some EU writer or borderline fan's lame incorrect decisions. Make it the way you think it looks like out of the materials you think it looks like and ask opinions of people who's judgment you trust and don't get caught up in some database entry.

But that's me.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing I found while surfing, the vintage Kenner action figures separate the Cloud City pilots and the Bespin Security guards, so the hats are different. Like you said Duck, if it looks like a hat it is a hat. I'm convinced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: