About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=668e0ef99b23ee5cc2adb348d7483715Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

10/3--Tifton, GA--Benefit for Ruth's Cottage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: 10/3--Tifton, GA--Benefit for Ruth's Cottage Reply with quote

From the Ga Garrison forums:

Contact Name: Charles Hutton
Contact Phone Number: () -
Contact Email: charleshutton2@gmail.com Event Name: Charity drive for Ruths Cottage/Pattycake House
Venue:
Venue address: Downtown Tifton, GA
Tifton, Georgia
USA
Event Start: Oct 3, 2009 -
Event End: Oct 3, 2009 -
Event Website:
Expected number of attendees:
Requested number of characters:
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: The event is basically a media campaign to raise money and awarness for Ruths Cottage and The Pattycake House. These shelters, whose functions are to provide safety and care to abused women and children, are in desperate need of help. Being local, very little federal funding, our board of directors have planned a march around our downtown area to draw attention and raise money for these very deserving people. The idea first came to mind when I was sharing some photos from this years DragonCon. Of course children love the world of star wars as much as any die hard fan. The films message is timeless! I LOVE seeing their eyes light up when they see one of their favorite characters. It just melts your heart. We are currently securing our own star wars themed costumes for the march. Other ideas for more entertainers or additional characters were brought up. That's when I remembered the 501st. As an avid fan, I think I bugged everyone at the event for pictures!
. It was the first time I had heard of your organization. At one point I talked in length to a couple of members (just really great people) and I expressed a wanting to join or form a regement of our own. I so much identify with your organization. Which brings me back to our event. I'm really not sure if a smaller event like this warrents an appearance by the 501, but after talking to your members I thought that asking would not hurt. I'm hoping that we can have you guys involved. Several members of our organization are tied into media networks at many levels from Sports South to local networks and news. The one thing I can promise is a HUGE media blitz for our organization and the 501st! The march is tentatively set for Oct 3rd but if there is ANY way that we might be able to get a few of you guys onboard, I can no doubt push the date back some. I truely hope that we can count on the 501st. I can guarantee that the good will and publicity will benefit your organization massively! Again I thank you for your consideration and for your continued service to the public. I imagine arangements can be made for boarding and meals as well.

Let me know if anyone can help out with this.

Beth
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Finally something down around your neck of the woods, Beth. Very Happy
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Tifton Reply with quote

Sounds great to me. Do we have a time?
Phrog (Beth Spires)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, once I get an idea of how many can participate I'll get the details nailed down.

Beth
Obaa-san Brenda (Brenda Sellers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: tifton Reply with quote

You know Randy & I will go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: