Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6194509c26fceac82023b4872be8958fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My new project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both colors of the jacket are acceptable. The only one that is Brown and not Blue is the Parka.

Phoenix 17
montee916 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey peeps.

Just got the chance to look at your ref pics, Bob - thanks again, they'll make the job much easier.

Cobalt, thanks for the info on the technicolour process - I get the feeling you've done some research on the subject? Wink

Well, I managed to get the pattern problem resolved and have it all cut out. Now I just need to get some material and the shirt will be ready to get crossed off my to-do list. Smile

Oh, and for what it's worth I went with a blue jacket because it's one of my colours. Or so I've been told. Embarassed
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue is a good color. Mine is Blue as well. Smile

Phoenix 17
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Jacket goes... yes blue is acceptable. I brought it up because of the people who will want to know what it really was.. not just the way it appears in the movie. Mine is also a blue... but I plan on fixing it so I have the correct color at some point.

Bob
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montee916 wrote:
Hey peeps.

Well, I managed to get the pattern problem resolved and have it all cut out. Now I just need to get some material and the shirt will be ready to get crossed off my to-do list. Smile

Embarassed

If you are able to work out an accurate pattern for the ESB shirt I would love a drawn out copy of it. If you have the pattern pieces cut out you can trace / re draw them on that sewing paper stuff. I would not mind compensating for it. I am also interested in one for the ROTJ shirt if any one has done that.

I can probably make copies of the ANH pattern pieces from what my friend made for mine, if anyone is interested. It is really really accurate if not perfect I think.

I have an ROTJ shirt but I think it is a little off. Not sure though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB wrote:
If you are able to work out an accurate pattern for the ESB shirt I would love a drawn out copy of it. If you have the pattern pieces cut out you can trace / re draw them on that sewing paper stuff. I would not mind compensating for it. I am also interested in one for the ROTJ shirt if any one has done that.

To be honest I'm kinda cheating on this, and using the jacket from this pattern:

It'll need a few adjustments, but hopefully not too much.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerftheherder wrote:
... where Han has his arms up when they land at Bespin. (I call it the “icanhazcheezburgerz“ Han picture or the “Who? Me?” picture, lol)

this got me thinking.. has anyone ever done "“icanhazcheezburgerz Han", (or "Bespin Landing Han"), as a formal costume?

"Bespin Landing Han" would be the standard ESB ensemble with no holster/gun
(he seems to have left it behind as a show of good faith when meeting Lando - he met Lando on the platform "unarmed")

--> would this be a seperate costume...?
(or would it just be seen as a loophole to getting a Han Approved with no holster? heh). Razz

Last edited by Cobalt60 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to do it is to see what costumes have standards first. If there is a costume written up with options to no jacket... then go with the option for approval.

There is a few with Han in Pre freeze though... http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=2585

Bob
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant this one:

caption:"look ma, no holster!" Razz

there are no standards for it. just wondering if anyone has tried
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO we should be making it harder to gain membership with face characters not easier. When you think of Han Solo... do you think of him with a gun or without? Wink
Making the standards easier for more new members is not the answer... it only takes away from the image the RL is shooting for.

Now I can see this costume being allowed as an informal... but not formal.

My 2 cents

Bob
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why I wondered, if it was just a 'loophole to getting a Han Approved with no holster' , or a viable costume Razz hehe

p.s. I've noticed in this shot you can see the silhouette of his gunbelt on the bespin platform..
I guess he only took off his belt for the closeups.heh
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/4928/falconclcity.jpg
(could be a continuity error either way hehe)

Last edited by Cobalt60 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
nerftheherder ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a valid side to both arguments. That said, I think perhaps the costume could be allowed as a formal costume, so long as you already have a formal costume (I promise that makes sense in my mind…lol). That way there is “quality control” while allowing a legit costume. I say legit because screen time wise, Holster free Han has just about as much screen time as freeze chamber Han. Not only on the landing platform, but in the torture/ detention cell scenes.
The Freeze chamber Han is formal right?? I might be mistaken, but I thought it was… If not please disregard…
Bob makes a good point though…When I think Han Solo, I think blaster totin’ gun slingin’ spice runner. Like Dirty Harry without the 44mag or John Wayne without the 30-30.
My Two cents…. We should add up all our combined change!!! haha

"Never tell me the odds."
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have something that looks like a folded handkerchief sticking out of the top of your pants. Razz
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freezer chamber Han requires arm restraints..., which is at least in some way of thinking, a way to make up for the lack of blaster/ holster.

To be honest I see it way too often that people are looking to do the least amount of work for membership as possible to become members. When really the thought should be.... "do the best as possible" to make it as movie accurate as possible. Shortcuts never lead to great costumes.

It’s kind of a way to live you life as well.
Example: In football when a running back in football breaks thru the line and is running towards the end zone does the running back: A. runs just fast enough where he can almost be tackled or B. Runs as fast as he can till he is in the end zone and the reffs arms go up announcing the score.
If you said A.... shame on you.....

As costumers we should be shooting as high as we can... not the min effort to get in as formal. It’s a sign of complacency, and or laziness.

Take your time and do it right, if you do not have the time too do it right, you most likely will never find the time to do it over.

I don't mean any disrespect to any one person, just a common attitude that seems to be popping up allot as of late.

nerftheherder wrote:
I think perhaps the costume could be allowed as a formal costume, so long as you already have a formal costume (I promise that makes sense in my mind…lol). That way there is “quality control” while allowing a legit costume.

When I was an LCJ, I can't tell you how many times an individual would complain to me that another person with the same costume issue was let in as "Formal" yet I was not allowing thiers in. By doing what you say, would cause allot of issues with applicants big time. One of the biggest issues the LCJ have as it is... is consistancy. By promoting iconsistancy would only cause issues and hurt feeling IMO.

If you have a "Formal allready does it matter if you have a few informals?? or is it in our heads...

2 cents

Bob

Last edited by SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn) on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
I meant this one:

caption:"look ma, no holster!" Razz

there are no standards for it. just wondering if anyone has tried

I'd say formal - but really only for those moments when "Guns" are not allowed! The gun is one of the most famous parts of the Han costume...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: