Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7cbfa3405755feb32d8ca6c112aaac5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Downtown Roanoke Holiday Parade Dec. 11th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray1134 (Paul)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Downtown Roanoke Holiday Parade Dec. 11th Reply with quote

I'm always trying to put together trooping opportunities here in Roanoke, and I was checking interest on a Holiday Parade in Roanoke Dec. 11th @6pm. I contacted the parade organizers about possibly being in the parade and I got a form letter response. I'll copy it here.

Quote:
August 5, 2009

Dear Sir or Madam:

Downtown Roanoke Incorporated and the City of Roanoke would like to invite you to participate in this year’s Roanoke City Christmas Parade to be held on Friday, December 11, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. The theme for this year is “Holiday Traditions”.

Each year the parade is one of the many highlights of the “Dickens of a Christmas” Festival, and we want everyone to participate. Just get your association, club, dance group, band, or co-workers and friends together and have some fun! There are no entry fees. Enclosed you will find the entry guidelines for the parade. If you have questions regarding the guidelines, or have other questions, please feel free to call me at (540) 342-2028 ext. 10.

So, put on your creative hats and help Downtown Roanoke Incorporated and the City of Roanoke make this the best parade ever!

Sincerely,

Tina Workman
Director of Event & Market Manager

and they included a copy of the entry form

Quote:
Downtown Roanoke’s Holiday Parade Guidelines
Theme – Traditions Through the Ages
December 11, 2009 – 6:30 p.m.

1.Visible material displayed on entries must be representative of the holiday theme.
2.Music should represent the holiday or the theme of the entry.
3.Animal entries are encouraged and should be adorned in holiday costume/decoration. All animals must be leashed and kept under control at all times. Clean up behind animals is the immediate responsibility of the owner.
4.Lighting should be representative of the theme. If you choose a modern day theme then battery operated lights are allowed. Other entries that represent early nineteenth century traditions should use candles, lanterns, and oil lamps.
5.Only approved items may be distributed along the parade route, no items thrown into the crowd.
6.Disrupting the pace of the parade is not permitted.
7.Businesses are encouraged to sponsor entries. Use your imagination and be original.
8.Entries that do not comply with the above guidelines may be disqualified from the parade at the starting lineup.
9.Judges will evaluate creativity, originality and the general effect of the entry. Awards ceremony will follow the parade.
10.We reserve the right to refuse any entry.

Traditions Through the Ages Parade Registration Form
Entry Deadline: November 23, 2009

Name of Entry: Number of people in entry:
Type of entry (choral, float, instrumental, theatrical/dance, other, etc.):
Contact Name: Contact Number:
Mailing Address: City: State: Zip:
Organization/Business Represented:
Description of Business Represented:

This appears to be a themed parade, and the theme for this year is "Holiday Traditions through the ages". Could be fun to play with the idea that we are giant Action Figures. Full disclosure, I've never seen this parade in person, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect.

It appears this is the weekend after the Richmond Ukrops parade, Dec. 11th. I'd love to have some more people come to this area to have some fun, and show how great the Rebel Legion and 501st are.
Jedi in Training
Moof Milker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: