About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89a9c34cdab542fea9065d2567b04b58Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Carn-EVIL * October 23rd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Quinlan VosSat Sep 05, 2009 9:16 am
Leia1138Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:43 pm
Quinlan Vos (Myke Soler)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Carn-EVIL * October 23rd Reply with quote

That time is upon us again :

Carn-EVIL
WHAT: Ronald McDonald House Carnival
WHERE: 2555 49th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
(916)734-4226
WHEN: Friday, October 23, 2009
6-8 PM

** RMHC annual Carnival provides a fun time for the children staying at the House, UCDMC and Shriners Hospitals and the neighborhood children. Everything for this free event is donated and sponsored by volunteers **

Booth Sponsors will:
* Provide the game or craft
* Provide prizes for about 250 children. Please no gum or small balls.
* Man their booth
* Set up and tear down their booth
* Provide a table if needed. If you do not have one, let us know and we will provide one. * We have a limited number of tables available.
* Be set up and ready to go by 5:30 PM. The gates will be open for set up at 4 PM.
* Decorate your booth as you like

The Ronald McDonald House will:
* Register volunteers from 4-6 PM
* Provide drinks and snacks
* Ensure that children will not be allowed to enter or leave the premises without an adult with them.
* Meet with volunteers at 5:30 PM to review the agenda for the evening.

Volunteers:
* May bring your children to this event
* May park in our parking lot or on the street

This is our(SVRF)big charity event of the year! Thayne, our spy within the 501st ranks has expressed a need to help out again this year. I'll also be sending a shout out to our Rebel friends to attend & sent Gerard & R2-D2 a message. Those with costumes are encouraged to dress up(it is for the kids after all - they don't care how official we look, we are already magical in their eyes).

GAME PLAN:
1st= We need one...
2nd= Location(same as previous years)
3rd= Games/Prizes *** CAN NOT have lightsaber battles w/ the kids anymore (per: LucasFilms)! *** Can however do a training class= 2 of us-some basic moves-teach as class-hand out certificate-kinda thing
4th= Need some sleep!?!
5th= who's going * actually, quite important
6th= refer back to #4

Vos
Jedi Diver
501st - TK8476
www.facebook.com/jedi.diver
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bump this up to an announcement. I missed this event last year so I plan to try and make it this year.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myke, I just want to clarify about the lightsaber demo. Re-reading the post on lightsaber training, it looks like we may need to be careful offering a class, even without us directly training the kids. Having two of our jedi do a demo for the kids, like you said, should be fine. I'm not sure if that's what you meant so thought I'd better double check. I'm glad you posted that over in the SVRF forums too since they're not as aware of the latest rulings on the lightsaber training.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia1138 wrote:
Having two of our jedi do a demo for the kids, like you said, should be fine. I'm not sure if that's what you meant so thought I'd better double check. I'm glad you posted that over in the SVRF forums too since they're not as aware of the latest rulings on the lightsaber training.

Yup! @ of us doing a demo/practice session for them or demonstrate some moves & have them follow like as in a class with NO physical saber-clashing except the air for the kids. Just some ideas since we can't mock-fight w/ the kids anymore.

Vos

Jedi Diver
501st - TK8476
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I hate to put a damper on things, but are we sure that even this is allowed by RL? Kathy's post on this subject states "we can not continue to conduct any kind of lightsaber tutorials in which the children are handed a lightsaber (or even a fake foam saber) and shown how to use it." I had assumed that this meant even lightsaber forms were dis-allowed. Or does "showing them how to use it" imply clashes, but that forms with no confrontation are ok?
Taeriel's costume page
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way I read it too. It looks like we shouldn't give the kids lightsabers to use even if we have them practicing on air. We can bring this up at the next SVRF meeting since I know in past years they had plastic sabers available for kids to play with and it wasn't until fairly recently that we got the word from Steve Sansweet that we shouldn't have the kids playing with lightsabers because of potential lawsuits.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina,
We'll put our heads together @ the meeting & see what we can come up with.

Vos

Jedi Diver
501st - TK8476
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh...Why are all the fun events on a work day/night. Sorry Myke, won't be able to make this one. Sad
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tentative for this. Here is the crazy thing, I'm going to Sac on Wed night because my sister is having labor induced Thurs morning. So, I'll be in town for her baby's delivery and depending on the timing I *might* be able to go to this in the evening. But, she said it could take up to 48 hours so I don't know. I'll try to remember to pack my costume Wed and bring it with me just in case.

I'd probably bring my X-wing Pilot costume because I won't have time to do fancy hair or anything.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on becoming an auntie soon, Kathy! It's really hard to plan something around a baby's arrival, but hopefully we'll see you there.

We'll have some SVRF members getting there around 4:30 or so to start setting up the table and getting the games and crafts ready.

I was also thinking of wearing my pilot costume - I still haven't worn it to an event yet! We could have a mini Corsair Squadron. Smile I'm guessing Myke will be dressed as Vos and we may have some other SVRF members in costume, but I'm not sure yet.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the event went well!

Darn, I'm sad I miss it every year. My sister had her baby around noon on Friday in Roseville, but because it was an emergency c-section and my sister was so sick afterward she was not feeling well enough for us to really visit her until that night.

This is 'almost' Star Wars related. My sis and her husband waited a few days to name the baby. They decided she needed "a name with attitude" so they named her Natalie. All I can think of is the Natalie Portman rap song from Saturday Night Live! LOL!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few pics from the Ronald McDonald House Carnival. Sacramento Valley Rogue Force members gave away bags with crayons, candy a coloring sheet with Clone Wars characters designed by one of our newest members, Mike, and temporary tattoos. Our main event was a bean bag toss. Anyone who got 3 or more bags in the buckets received a medal. We were one of many tables that kids could visit to play games, do crafts and get treats.

Here are some kids participating in the bean bag toss.

Costumers Mike, John, me and Myke

Having a little fun with "Darth Darth Binks"

Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos! It looks like you all had a good time.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: