About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=51a73984a2eacfed8960e32a36990689Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EVENT REQ: Star Wars in Concert - Sacramento - Friday 10/9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Leia1138Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 pm
User Registered Confirmed
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: EVENT REQ: Star Wars in Concert - Sacramento - Friday 10/9 Reply with quote

Where: Arco Arena, Sacramento

When: Friday, October 9th

Time: 8:00 pm (be dressed and on the floor at 7:00 pm)

Number of volunteers:
10 for Rebel Legion and 10 for 501st. Any unclaimed spots by the 501st will open up to the Rebel Legion. Any unclaimed spots by the RL will go to the 501st.

What we'll be doing? Providing photo ops and atmosphere in the costume and props exhibit area of the arena. Possibly with a few members stationed near the entrance to greet patrons.

Costume types: Variety of formal level RL approved costumes. It has been requested that face characters resemble actors from the movie for this high profile event (when in question, I'm running face character submissions by the LCO.) Please note the high profile event costume requirements in our Rebel Legion Charter. We can allow for one of each face character type from each movie. (ie - an ANH Obi-Wan and an Ep II Obi-Wan are OK). All costumes and characters will need to go through final approval of the exhibits director of the SW concert and Mary Franklin.

Please have any new costumes submitted to your profile by September 13th so there is adequate time for the Legion Costume Judges to approve it by our RSVP deadline.

Parking: The event director is looking into parking passes. Details to be announced, no guarantee on free parking at this time.

Secure Changing area:
Yes, there will be a private and secure changing space/storage area. But the space is going to be limited as it has to be shared with the entire orchestra and the 501st. We've been asked to help ease any potential crowding in the changing area by arriving changed into costume if we can (for example if you are a Jedi or some other sort of costume that is easy to ride/drive a car in). It's the armored folks who really need this space.

Arrival Time: A firm meet-up time is yet to be determined. Plan to be dressed and ready to go one hour before the concert starts. Allow enough time to arrive, get dressed (if you're not already) and get back stage passes. More info to follow.

Passes:
As of this date, we are not being given tickets to see the show and you should make arrangements to purchase your own. We will however be issued passes that allow us early entry in the exhibit and back stage changing areas if we are a costume volunteer. Please don't abuse the early entry privilege. We are to arrive just early enough to have time to change and be ready by the time the doors open to the public. (The passes are not meant so that we can watch them set up in the morning and linger all day long.) Manner in which passes will be distributed is yet to be determined.

a) Please sign up in one or both threads and indicate which costume you would like to wear.

b) First to sign up in a formal level costume, first to get on the list. Volunteers will be listed in order that they have signed up here in this forum.

c) Please provide links to clear reference photos of your costumes(s) when you sign up. These photos will be reviewed by LFL and the SW concert exhibit director.

RSVP DEADLINE:
NEW EXTENSION - THEY CAN TAKE LAST MINUTE VOLUNTEERS. BUT POST YOUR COSTUME AND PHOTOS ASAP SO ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE FOR PARKING. Midnight, September 25th. If you have a new costume you are working on, be sure to submit it to your profile by September 13th so there is adequate time for the Legion Costume Judges to approve it by our RSVP deadline.

Can volunteers keep their costume on during the show?
Yes, so long as you don't have a big headdress or helmet that would block the view of spectators behind you (if so, just remove that before the show and store it in the changing area).

Weapons/Lightsabers?
So far they believe they should be OK. If for some reason the day of the event security has an issue with them we will be asked to stow them in our changing area. Each venue can have it's own security policy.

Donation to Charity?
Yes - in appreciation of our volunteer time a joint donation will be made on behalf of the Rebel Legion and 501st to a charity of our choice.

Can we come in costume even if we are not a volunteer?
Yes, it is expected that many fans who have purchased tickets to watch the concert will want to wear costumes. However, if you are a Rebel Legion member dressing in costume to watch the show it is important to abide by our code of conduct. Please remain professional. The general public as well as the people running the concert will not be able to differentiate between a 'volunteer' RL member and someone just there for fun. So if you attend in costume, keep in mind your behavior reflects on all of the Rebel Legion Smile

Also note that if you are not a formal volunteer, you simply won't have access to the private changing area, or early access before opening the doors to the public.

Last edited by Leia1138 () on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm signing up as tentative for Friday contingent on us either getting free parking or being able to car pool and split parking.

I can wear ANH Leia or if someone else wants to wear that costume I can go as jedi or rebel pilot (pending approval).
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Parking will be provided for volunteers at ARCO1
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda Center Report:

Quote:
Just a real quick post, the crowds were INSANE (in a nice way) in their frenzy to get photos with folks. I highly recommend staking out the large back drops near the entrances for photo op positions.

Also, based on my personal observations (and those of several other working tonights gig),

Driving Droids at this event will most definitely be at your own risk....

The folks aren't mean or anything, but pretty much everyone there is a MAJOR Star Wars fan and they are all pressing to try to get photos of and with the costumed characters. Think MOSH PIT with everyone from 8 months to 80 vying to get a better spot.

Anyway, just my two bits that it might be a bit dicey for Droids. They might survive with actual event security around them, but once the doors start letting folks into the Honda Center, it is chaotic to say the least (in a nice overly enthusiastic Star Wars kind of way).

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
dork vader ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For free parking, volunteers must go to Toll Booth 9. It's located in the upper right hand section of the map:

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update: Volunteers for Friday will be allowed to enter the building at 5:00 PM. Volunteers must enter through the Security entrance located at the South East side of the building. Once you are inside and settled in, volunteers will be allowed to preview the LFL archive/exhibit pieces.

Doors will open to the general public at 6:00 PM. Ready time for volunteers on Friday is still 6:30 PM. If you'd like to be dressed earlier, that is entirely up to you.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates Eugene!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a mission report posted!

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20140

Leia1138 wrote:
Star Wars in Concert came to ARCO Arena in Sacramento on October 9th and 10th. Endor Base joined up with The Central California Garrison to provide costumed characters for the exhibit area. San Jose was also having the concert that weekend so we had a small number of rebels (just me!) participating at Friday night’s show. We did have two other Endor Base members, Mark and Eugene, who were participating as imperials.

We were allowed to arrive early to look at the exhibits. This was a wonderful opportunity as we were able to take pictures and enjoy the various props and costumes without the crowds. About 30 minutes before the doors opened to the general public, we got ready to change into costume. People were very excited when we entered the exhibit area. We stood at various locations throughout the exhibit and posed for many pictures. A lot of children came to the concert in costume as well as a few adults. Darth Vader was very popular with attendees so he had a constant crowd around him. Despite the fact that I was outnumbered by imperials, I only had one little boy dressed as a clone trooper try to eliminate me with his blaster while his mother was trying to get him to stand next to me for a photo.

We changed out of costume and were fortunate to be given really great seats to watch the show. Of course the concert was wonderful with songs from all six movies accompanied by movie clips (it’s like the Star Wars: A Musical Journey DVD that accompanied the ROTS soundtrack), lights, lasers and even pyrotechnics. Anthony Daniels was there to provide narration before each new song.

Here is a link to pictures taken by Mark Chu-Lin.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35169375@N00/sets/72157622553357642/

And here is a link to a local news broadcast.

http://cbs13.com/video/?id=61568@kovr.dayport.com

Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia1138 wrote:
Finally got a mission report posted!

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20140

Haha! Great, you beat me to it. I'm still proof reading mine.

Thanks for posting Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was home sick today so that gave me some extra time!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmie had a blast & was well entertained. A bit overpriced, but, wouldn't expect any less. I expected better & more displays, but, placing them on vendor/walkway area didn't give a lot of room. There were a few in costume as fans, mostly just the 501st though. We would go again if it came around.
She got the Cantina T & I got a program.

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll312/Jedi_Diver/Star%20Wars%20in%20Concert/

Vos
Jedi Diver
501st - TK8476
www.facebook.com/jedi.diver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: