Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a2e69b11150e02cb8f5791fb22d82743Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Museum Replicas AOTC Packing Gown Padme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Museum Replicas AOTC Packing Gown Padme Reply with quote

A compare/contract pic I did to show the differences in the original vs Museum Replicas version. You can see the differences starting with the quality of the materials used as well as the embroidery on MR being wrong and the collar is incorrect as well. And I found out from MR website that this Padme ensemble includes shoes but no hairpiece/wig Razz Padme's intricate hairstyles(and in this case, hair jewelry) are an essential part of her costumes that is missing in this replica version. Here you can see the sizing and what you get with the costume(notice the hairpiece/wig absent) http://www.museumreplicas.com/t-sizepadmeclonegown.aspx

I read over on TFN costuming boards that MR halted the TPM Maroon Battle Handmaiden due to not being able to find horsehair lining for the coat(I would be more concerned with their lack of attention to the accuracy of the trim as we know from Benae Quee).
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that they had started accepting pre-orders and was wondering if they had made any "improvements" on this one.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I would be very disappointed if the dress wasn't accepted for RL status. Sure it's not perfect, but if looking at many of the Amidalas that have been accepted they aren't better than this.

Considering the price I don't think we are going to see a bit influx of people trying to get membership with it either.
Princess Leah ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with the marketing director at SDCC a few weeks ago and he said that they hadn't completed the hair accessories to his satisfaction but that as soon as they are done and the orders are being filled, the hair pieces would be included.

Oh, he also let me feel all the fabrics. The blouse material was very soft and luxurious. The skirt material is a little rough, but thin. The velvet of the bodice was also a little on the thin side and the pile of the velvet didn't feel thick enough. At first I thought it was passion suede rather than velvet, but I was assured that they are all silks.

Hope that helps.
Lady Vader (Kristina Howard)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...most of Padme's gowns really depend on a good fit. Generally speaking, something bought and not made for you wouldn't be the best fit. No matter how nice the fabric or the beading, it will not look right on you. It's probably better to make it yourself. Smile
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed while feeling up the padme blouse fabric, it is VERY thin. There is a layer underneath as well for body. When I took a better look at the sleeve I noticed the weave was seperating Shocked . I hope they fix that, because for $700 I wouldn't want a costume that will shred apart on me. You could tell where the costume had been handled to put it on the mannequin.
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really horrible if the fabric falls apart just by touching/handling it! You wouldn't be able to wear it. Confused
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, MR told me at Comic-Con that they're coming out with a Leia Ceremonial ANH dress.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a 2011 thing, they didn't have it at C5. Has anyone found out if this is shipping? or bought it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: