Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d36972b31b57a64989463beea990be4fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nik Sant?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Nik Sant? Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was going to be the ability to be Nik Sant in the Rebel Legion. I'm currently working on an Old Ben but was interested in bringing in Nik Sant too.

There are two references that I have for Nik Sant.

Nik Sant from Episode VI being captured along with Rebel commandos:

And then the Hasbro battle pack:

Nik Sant (according to Wookieepedia)
Quote:
Nik Sant, or "Gramps" as he was affectionately known, was a member of the Rebel Alliance strike team sent to the forest moon of Endor.
<Image: Nik Sant wearing scout trooper armor>

The oldest member of the team, "Gramps" was a survival expert. Sant was a leading member of a group of soldiers who, in the beginning of the Galactic Civil War, devised plans for the Rebellion's guerrilla-like attacks and key targets in the Galactic Empire.

He also helped assemble the Endor strike team. When an Ewok stole a speeder bike, three scout troopers followed, leaving one at the shield generator. The Rebels captured the scout, and Nik Sant disguised himself by putting on the scout trooper armor. Unfortunately, he was later captured by the Imperials, and was held hostage along with the other members of the strike team. It is unknown whether he survived the battle.

So, can I apply with this costume?
I'm pretty close, just need some more grey Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny that they gave this guy a new name. I remember reading YEARS ago that this character's name was Lt Page and those were Page's Commandos that were specially picked for the strike team.

Now, all of the source documentation states his name is Nik Sant.... crazy.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramys Strael wrote:
Its funny that they gave this guy a new name. I remember reading YEARS ago that this character's name was Lt Page and those were Page's Commandos that were specially picked for the strike team.

Now, all of the source documentation states his name is Nik Sant.... crazy.

- Bill

I'm sure someone found Nik Sant to be funnier. Saint Nick. Anyway, I figured since I'm gonna do Old Ben, I may as well do another character that nobody does either Smile With very few Old Bens and no Nik Sants, I could fill a niche Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touche`

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a post on theforce.net from 2003/2004 listing all the folks at the Battle of Endor. For the Rebel ground forces, they listed:

Quote:
Ground Forces:

General Brenn Trantor (mission coordinator, aboard the Tyderium?)
General Han Solo & Chewbacca
Commander Luke Skywalker with C-3PO & R2-D2
Princess Leia Organa
Major Bren Derlin (commando commander)

Major Morgan Q. Raventhorn (unknown, KIA)
Lieutenant Page (XO?)
Lieutenant Greeve (Sharpshooter)
Lieutenant Nik "Gramps" Sant (survival expert)
Sergeant Brooks Carlson (pathfinder)
Sergeant Junkin (explosions)
Sergeant Squalls (explosions)
Sergeant Bruckman (point)
Corporal Beezer (slicer / technician)
Corporal Delevar (medic, rookie)
Corporal Janse (sharpshooter)
Corporal Kensaric (drag)

That would make Lt Page and Lt Nik Sant seperate people. I don't know book references myself. I have always known Nik Sant as Gramps. Lt Page was in the back of my mind for some reason, so I can guess there is confusion. I'm just shocked that folks work out the rosters like this from book and movie sources and such. It's a lot of work for a list of character names.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe some of these characters were in the Rogue-series novels, too.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatooineboy wrote:
I believe some of these characters were in the Rogue-series novels, too.

That explains it, I'm illiterate so I don't read.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page, indeed, had made an appearance in the Rogue Squadron.

I do remember reading that Page was described being fair haired. We see that the only fair haired one of the bunch is "Nik Sant", so I was always of the impression that "Mr Beard", as he had been commonly referred to, was Page and not Sant.

- Bill
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not considered an "official" face character, but you are welcome to recreate this person -whatever his name may be.

This is just the standard Endor Trooper outfit. I have replica soft helmets for sale if you're interested. (Yes, shameless plug Razz )
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Jedi wrote:
It's not considered an "official" face character, but you are welcome to recreate this person -whatever his name may be.

This is just the standard Endor Trooper outfit. I have replica soft helmets for sale if you're interested. (Yes, shameless plug Razz )

I had intended Nik Sant in the Biker Scout costume (right side of first picture). He is named in books and on other Toys. But if no means no, then I guess I'll forget it. I don't want to do an Endor Rebel Trooper costume.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see where they would have allowed Nik Sant as the rebel-captured-in-scout-armor. If they don't allow the Han/Luke in stormtrooper disguise, they wouldn't allow this either. Otherwise, we have a guy who would be a dead ringer for Luke in trooper armor!

Donna: Always got to appreciate your shameless plugs! Thumbs up

-Bill
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramys Strael wrote:
I can't see where they would have allowed Nik Sant as the rebel-captured-in-scout-armor. If they don't allow the Han/Luke in stormtrooper disguise, they wouldn't allow this either. Otherwise, we have a guy who would be a dead ringer for Luke in trooper armor!

Donna: Always got to appreciate your shameless plugs! Thumbs up

-Bill

You do have a point. I guess it's simple enough, Rebels, Rebel costumes. It would be odd to have Luke or Han in Stormtrooper armor, altho the role play would be fantastic Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

But for what its worth, I do want to do Nik Sant's/Lt Page/whatever his name is version of the Rebel Commando. I've always like his version the best. So when money is flowing again I can pursue it. I really need to become an official thorn in the RL side.... errr, I mean member! Mr. Green

- Bill
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramys Strael wrote:
Agreed.

But for what its worth, I do want to do Nik Sant's/Lt Page/whatever his name is version of the Rebel Commando. I've always like his version the best. So when money is flowing again I can pursue it. I really need to become an official thorn in the RL side.... errr, I mean member! Mr. Green

- Bill

That was my thought. I could become the old guy with the big white beard, doing Santa, er Sant and Old Ben. I'm stuck with money right now too. Need to save up some cash to buy a $400+ EPIV OWK hilt. Can't find anything "cheap" anywhere. Was hoping to buy a EPIV Luxeon and just remove the blade for the hilt. Only thing I can find is EPIII tho.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the character is in Biker Scout armor then that is a 501st outfit, not Rebel Legion. But as Bill pointed out, the 501st won't recognize it as a "face character".

You'd just be another Biker Scout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: