Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=64f3d3f1a35ca997238a5b2045cb3aceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Master Jedi speaks his mind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Tionne

Will do on the pictures.

I'll try to remind robert to take some. Also, I am planning to brind my camera. So, I can take some too.

Tracie

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Wondercon is coming up in Feb. 05' ,this will be a great opportunity for the RL to show what we got. Let's arrange if we can to set up a table of our own, ( hey, the 501st does it !) Last year the RL, SFFF and the East Bay Star Wars fan club had a shared table, it was awsome and defenately put our preseance out.

Master Jedi

Jil-Qun Tahm (Tom Twohy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

M, kay...

Many moons ago, I attempted to work with Bothan Jedi (Chris) and the few other people I could get interested (some cranky 501st guys) and thus ensued a grand flop of a project... the "Rebel" element was crushed by the indifferance of the 501st... and this is how the large Deathstar backdrop came into being.

I have a desire to rekindle my interest... but when I checked for potential events here... I read how my "poorly made or poorly maintained" Jedi costume will apparently be scoffed at?

Well, I'm sorry... but I would look and feel awful in a Rebel pilots uniform. (Ok, I might be convinced to wear a Rebel Trooper command uniform... but allow me to continue)

If you would look at the RL members pages, you will find MOST of the RL is made up of (you guessed it) JEDI.

Sure, I realise that there are a few people who have every costume in the SW saga... and MOST of them are in the 501st.  Nonetheless, there are only a scant few willing to spend money and time on costumes that they wear a few times a year.  Most of us choose a Jedi costume because it fits our buget and lifestyle.

Rouge (eric) and ez022341 (Mark), you both have trunk after trunk filled with wondeful costumes... but you simply cannot expect people to construct costumes an wear them because it will look good at the fan table... or because it fits the clubs name better.

People wear Jedi costumes because the LOVE JEDI... and the RL is filled with prequel loving Jedi geeks.  Perhaps the RL should work WITH this fact instead of dismissing a core group of members?  Belive me, there are very few JEDI ONLY groups that I can think of.

As I have read the charter and rules of this club, I noted that this club is an attempt at being a DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT group than the 501st... for good reasons.

Now, I don't mean to cause and flap... I just want you to think about this from a different perspective.  Hopefully, my crabby tone will be ignored... as I speak for all those who cannot afford or do not wish to invest in that tired old "original trilogy" look.

Thoughts?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Thank you Jil-Qun Tahm for your thoughts and oppinions, everyone's opinion matters in this case, and yours too is appreciated.

Hope to meet  you at Wondecon and don't worry about how "imperfect" you may think your costume is, wear it and show it off anyway, regardless of what people may say or think.

Master Jedi

Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Jil-Qun

Master Jedi is right most people don't really care how accurate the costumes are. They are just amazed that we can get them together/ or that we know people who can. The later is my case I can't sew worth a dime by machine ( I Killed mine), I could probably do by hand but that is tidious.

Jil-Qun Tahm (Tom Twohy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind responses...

... re-reading the post, I feel I may have spewed a bit harder than needed, perhaps I should calm down a bit, eh?

Nonetheless, I do enjoy my Jedi hobbie and would like to do it more often. Lately, I have done little to explore whatever opportunities are out there... but with my plans to go to CIII, and Ep III on it's way... maybe I better get to know whos active these days.

BTW... for referance, I DO sew.

I am planning on building a new set of "old-guy" Jedi robes (like Ben's in ANH, but brown). Wonder Con seems like a good place to test it out before CIII.

Most of all, I want to make it clear that though I think the 501st hogs the road... they also can be brilliant media tacticians, excellent costumers and (damnit I hate saying it) they do make a fricking huge impression. Why does everyone like the bad guys?

Gad... how I hate being so jealous.

Maybe we should just have a big pile of Rebel trooper helmets, fake riding boot-tops and the vests to match... and just ask folks to rent grey cargo pants and a blue shirt...

(Either that or paper-thin Clone Trooper armor)

... a low cost garrisson!

We'll crush the 501st with SHEER NUMBERS!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Something to bear in mind is that 2005 is the Year of Episode III. I think, if we keep our focus, we'll find there are plenty of events to give us the same visibility as the 501st.

And speaking from the 501st perspective, that visibility also comes from members stepping up to the plate with ideas. Some members of our garrison work in conjunction with a local theater to work the lines at certain movies (we've done everything from LOTR to Harry Potter ... amazing how far a basic black robe will go).

Perhaps we need to get some letterhead or at least prepare a decent introduction letter and then start selling the Rebel Legion ... check with comic book stores, theatres, etc. Find out if there's a charity premiere of Ep. III and see if you can get involved. (Yes, the 501st is doing some of these things as we speak, it does NOT mean we can't work the same angles ... as long as we're not trying to ace each other out, the galaxy should be big enough for all of us.)

Heck, even if we come up dry, we should consider picking a date and descending on a theater en masse, in costume ... and when people ask, mention the Rebel Legion.

Ki-Ade Rane ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

god damn he is right, we need to set up everything so that the rebels are known we are not forgotten we need to be at every showing I gaurantee we will make a statement for ourselves episode 3 die imperial scum!!!!!!!!!, too bad media focuses on Stormtroopers but the rebellion will arise victorious this time if we all become committed to the legion and get our butts out to these events and show ourselves!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: