About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7e3782f51182c8cb1490f14fef573858Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Master Jedi speaks his mind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

This post is different than the one I posted under the "June 13th event".

t's now official, the RL will have a table at the Comic Show. We will be guests. Just like the 501st, this will be our first time having a table at this venue. This will be a steping stone way to grow and to spead the word that there is a Rebel Legion out there.

We will have SW music, RL fyers to hand out , picture album ( we need more pics) and hopefully recruit new members, A couple of SW props on the table, if anyone has a fighter pilot helmet or something that would help. We are currently working on getting a banner and I am also working on the  " Have your pic with a Jedi" idea.

***Anyone with Rebel Costumes ( Fighter Pilots, Rebel Cammado, Fleet Trooper) are strongly encouraged to attend. ***And of course anyone in costume are encouraged to attend. As Rouge 9 pointed out so well, there needs to be more virety.

This will be our first event, but with eveyone's help this can and will get bigger and better overtime.

After the event I plan on getting together with all RL members and hearing some input, what was done wrong or right?, how did eveyone feel? and what can we do to improve the next event? - some questions off the top of my head.

MTFBWY,

Master Jedi

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Well for female characters there are Pilots, in Jedi there where one or two A-Wing Pilots., as well as LOTS of Officers and Techs on Home One as well as on Hoth in ESB.

On the Magic of Myth CD there are Female Commandos, don't recall seeing them in the film though.

There are no females in the Empire in the films but there are in the books and in the 501st, so anything can go for women especially since the Rebellion is for everyone and every thing unlike the Empire.

So what ever you want, go for it.

Let's face it, most women don't have the look, the figure (skinny) or height (short) for Leia or Padme, and there are to many bad ones out there leading me to understand why Anakin went to the dark side.

Rogue 9

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

A very special thank you to all the RL members who attended and helped with the table at the Sacramento June 13th show.

Actally only 4 RL members were there to help out with the table. What does that tell you.

Tells me that people aren't  too serious about helping out.

Master Jedi

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Well I was working and don't make it to all the events.

Remember also that members here are also 501st members and probably prefer to wear armor.

For the next event I suggest posing on the Imp garrison as well, saying that your looking for rebels to help out, there may be 501st members that have reb costumes but aren't members of the RL, or are willing to work on them for the event.

When we where prep-ing for a TV shoot, there was more comm traffic about rebel costumes on the garrison than Imp stuff.

Rogue 9

Kamira ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

IF there is a Rebel Costume workshop.. I too would be interested in going.

I'd actually like a B wing pilot costume... but really don't know where to start.

Tionne... the lightsabre backdrop you talked about... I might see about making one.  I think I have all the supplies in my garage.... I'll let ya know.

Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Master Jedi on 14 June 2004

A very special thank you to all the RL members who attended and helped with the table at the Sacramento June 13th show.

Actally only 4 RL members were there to help out with the table. What does that tell you.

Tells me that people aren't  too serious about helping out.

Master Jedi

What I think is that you have a start. Some Endor Bases members did show up and you did raise some money. When the Central California Garrison attended our first event (a local website award ceremony for one of our members), there were only five of us.

Our next event which was our first official Legion event involved trying to promote the TPM VHS release at Sacramento's Arden Suncoast media store. Again, there was only a few of us, the store did not really give us much support (I change into my TIE pilot in the store as they had no real back area) and the public thought us mildly amusing.

However, from each previous event, the 501st Central California Garrison leadership and membership learned something to apply it to the next event, got the word out about our group and slowly recruited new members.

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Well I remember when the 501st was nothing more than pix of about 30 guy's in armor on a web site, now look at it..

But that's how it alway's begins, very small.    "Egg Chen"

Rogue 9

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

That's what I said, it's a good start. We just have to keep trying for every event we can. Have faith Robert, things will work out. You did a fantastic job as our spokesperson to the people running this con by making sure they knew who you were and showed your genuine appreciation for their generosity to us.

Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

As Endor Base members live near San Diego, CA, I would encourage members who can to take full advantage of the following three opportunites posted in the Comic-con section for the RL.

Lucasfilm Volunteers needed for ComicCon

501st/RL and FF Dinner

Rebel Legion Breakfast, Friday July 23

These meetings will provide a unique opportunity to meet and network with Endor Base members and other RL members to discuss and look at ways to develop the club. Some of the activities may also allow for some cool stuff along with working with other SW clubs and LFL.

Kamira ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

The comic con would be great... I just can't make it.

Thanks for all the info Mark!

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

San Diago Comic - Con  was a Awsome Event. Never had I seen so many Jedi ( around 30) and such a vide variety of costumes from Aliens to Humanoids it was something else. A big thanks to everyone in costume for attending.

Master Jedi,

TK -2808

Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

San Diago Comic-Con

This was my first comic convention. I really enjoyed it. I wish to go to the one next year. However, that is up in the air.
qui-gundi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

so is anyone going to C3??
Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

C3? Are you talking about the indapolis one? I going to the sac con on the 12. I would be willing to help out at the table and do some recuiting. I am really good at doing so. I was helping out my friend selling his comics at SD comic-con this year. I can make it relly difficult for people to refuse me without being really annoying.

Later, and MTFBWY

Tracie
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Master Jedi speaks his mind Reply with quote

Sounds like the Dec 12th event will have a good number of people. Someone please remember to take pics of all the RL members there! We need proof that we exist! Have a great time, everyone. You know I wish I could be there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: