About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ac83e13760e8509877dd6212c6f4d4e6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP/Questions about Old Ben
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received your PM and texts. Answered your questions.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bryan.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would want a natural or cream color for the tunic. How much you need to buy depends on how tall you are and how narrow the fabric is. Osnaburg cotton is usually pretty narrow - 45" . If it is get extra. Remember you also need fabric for the obi around the waist and the stole around the neck. 8 yards would be overkill no matter how tall you are, but that would give you an upper limit to work from.

Your focus determines who you are.
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regretfully, this project is most likely being put on hold until I can dish out the money for a saber. I Idon't want to buy a cheaper saber only to have to replace it later. EP4 Obi-wan hilts can be quite expensive and there are few if any EP4 Obi-wan luxeon sabers. I would easily be able to do the tunic/tabbards/obi/robe/boots in the next month or so, but the saber is going to delay it all. I might as well wait until I can afford the whole thing.

Thanks for all the answered questions, I have filed all the info in my costume folder and will make an attempt when I can. Sorry for any wasted time.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witness, asking questions for costume help is never wasting anyone's time, because when you will be ready to work on it, you will have all that advice and the notes already taken down and ready to work with. And even if it takes a while to start working on the project, never stop asking for advice, your end result will comes out better in the end for all the research you will have done before hand.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't you just get a parks avenger? http://www.parksabers.com/avenger.html
or a markIII (belt hanger)? http://graflexsabers.com/mkiii.html
maybe add a little weathering?

(or would these not pass the standards?)
Witness ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on saving some money right now to buy a saber. From my understanding, the park saber does not have sound and is not as durable as say an ultra saber? The mkiii would make an excellent hanger with some weathering which I could do myself. I have been looking at that saber since day 1. I am hoping to get a lit saber first tho. We all know the kids like a glowstick instead of a heavy thing on the belt. I do this for the kids, not for my having a 150% accurate costume.

I've been speaking to a friend of mine who has been doing tailoring for over 50 years and he might make the costume for me instead of me butchering it together.

If I sell of some items I have up for sale on the 501st boards, then I can afford a stunt saber and buy the belt hanging saber (prolly the mkii) soon after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: