About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=76ee5e2dd4fc1eed0601d82f1b8b8d52Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia Pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Leia Pilot Reply with quote

After looking at this art, I wonder if there's anything else as reference to make this canon, like the Gentle Giant "sexy" Leia. I would like to know if this art made it into a trading card or something.

Based on this... http://www.themarysue.com/leia-x-wing-pilot/

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge

Last edited by Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez) on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found another art and two custom made action figures, but with different hairstyle.

WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would say that Star Wars Galaxies Trading Cards art is arguably not cannon as the basis of the series is artistic renditions of Star Wars, not beholden to canon. I'll have to take a look at the info on the card when I get home to see if there's anything to say its usable or not. That second piece of art you posted is not LFL to my knowledge... And the custom figures are no use as well.

Buuuuut if you want to look towards it, you should look at Splinter of the Mind's Eye. I'll have to look at the trade when I get home to see if there's actual art of her in pilot gear or not, I can't remember off the top of my head, but this cover comes to mind:

I've also seen some promo art for the new Star Wars comic that has Leia in pilot gear as well. You might be able to get your three references soon, although I wonder if you'll be able to get sources that agree on hairstyle and helmet design.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it, but this is going to mess you up, because apparently she's got a gray flightsuit in the new Star Wars comic.

http://io9.com/5924736/a-first-look-at-the-brand-new-comic-star-wars-with-darth-vader-illustrated-by-alex-ross
Jedi Master Alex (Alex Wilson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome print
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broke out the Splinter trade, sad to say while she does pilot a Ywing, she does not wear pilot gear. Doesn't make sense but that's how its drawn.
ZacMuleer ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved that print of Leia. And I wish I had studied it more recently - I just finished putting together a holster for my wife's Leia blaster - but I made a more traditional holster. I should have attempted one like the one in this print. Unique, slick, and very cool!
TK 7586/Rebel Pilot (X-Wing)
Wife: a Juno-style pilot
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam8114 wrote:
Well I would say that Star Wars Galaxies Trading Cards art is arguably not cannon as the basis of the series is artistic renditions of Star Wars, not beholden to canon. I'll have to take a look at the info on the card when I get home to see if there's anything to say its usable or not. That second piece of art you posted is not LFL to my knowledge... And the custom figures are no use as well.

Buuuuut if you want to look towards it, you should look at Splinter of the Mind's Eye. I'll have to look at the trade when I get home to see if there's actual art of her in pilot gear or not, I can't remember off the top of my head, but this cover comes to mind:

I've also seen some promo art for the new Star Wars comic that has Leia in pilot gear as well. You might be able to get your three references soon, although I wonder if you'll be able to get sources that agree on hairstyle and helmet design.

this is awesome!!!!

Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make it informal then. Like "the artistic version of Pilot Leia" and I have the "art" reference pics to support it, hahahahaha!

Thanks!

RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam8114 wrote:

i love this art!!!! Thumbs up

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rogan Creel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read articles about the new SW comic having Leia doing more as a pilot. I'd love to see this new gray pilot outfit. How do comics work for EU sourcing? Three separate issues for consideration?
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I found this thread! I'm interested in making a pilot Leia as well Smile

Speaking of the Splinter of the Mind's eye comic, there is a formally approved costume in the legion of Leia in her Splinter of the mind's eye comic book costume. I think that this member may be the only one to have this costume approved so far:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=3362
UCGR Detachment CO
Legion Costume Judge
501st Legion member DZ-11177
https://www.facebook.com/liz.welsh.963

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: