About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=31ad81493256b1af29d19ffc41e77111Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin requirement question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qi-Gon Jinn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Anakin requirement question Reply with quote

I have been looking at the requirements and I was curious we have Clone Wars volume 2 listed but no volume 1. Is it the same as AOTC? If so wouldn't it require the ROTS saber as he replaced his damaged one from AOTC with the ROTS one?
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so, yes
Qi-Gon Jinn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so then the requirements should look something like this?

Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars volume one miniseries , Jedi Padawan)
Required Items:

1. Chocolate to dark brown outer tunic with shoulder tucks, obi (sash), cloth tabbards underlaying outer dark brown leather/pleather tabbards
2. Light tan inner tunic
3. Knee length dark brown boots with spats and three straps on each leg.
4. Dark brown flat front pants
5. Brown Jedi Utility belt with square buckle
6. 2 sets of 4 Jedi Capsules
7. 1 small and 1 large ribbed brown commlink pouch
8. 1 wide ribbed brown pouch
9. 1 covertec clip
10. Anakin's ROTS Hero lightsaber hilt

Formal Requirements: You must have at least one of the following items to be accepted:

1. ROTS Hero Hilt
2. Outer dark brown robe
3. Padawan braid
4. Gold "robotic" right hand
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a judge, nor familiar with the outfits...but you have the lightsaber hilt listed under both the required and optional fields... Razz
Qi-Gon Jinn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the way it is on the other requirements
Qi-Gon Jinn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the second pic his inner tunic is light purple,
and he's only got 5 food caps (total) which are also purple.
also he's only got one pouch and there is -no- buckle on his belt.

(and it appears they did -not- draw the cloth under-tabbards for the animated version -- are they necessary for CW, when they weren't included in teh show?)

Confused
LostSkywalker (Christopher Blair)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they also drew/animated his leather tabards as a vest, a similar mistake that occurred in the Dark Horse comics. It's up to the judges, but I'd imagine that a Vol 1 CW animated Anakin would basically be...AOTC Anakin with some of the ROTS parts. They were though very inconsistent with his animate outfit design, in colors and components.

To be honest, I personally don't see a reason for it, since too much of the outfit is muddled by inconsistency and laziness on the part of the animators, a prime example of which is the missing buckle; little details got dropped to make it easier to animate
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True details are dropped but that is also true of the vol 2 version.
I guess my question is If I do this version would it be considered formal or informal?

My argument is that it is a halfway point from the padwan gear from AOTC and the knight gear from ROTS and shows the evolution between the two costumes. Examples he now wears a cloak similar to standard jedi and his saber would have been rebuilt in the ROTS style.
I believe by blending the two requirements like I listed above could give us another version to contemplate.

Laughing
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to leave this up to the LCJ's to decide. IMHO I think the micro series has become more or less outdated; since the start of the new Clone Wars series. Anakin's costume is much more detailed, and defined in the new show. NTM we also have full and complete standards for it.

If you really want to see standards for the Vol 1 Anakin; then I would suggest contacting one of the Jedi LCJ's.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all of the Vol 1 characters are drawn differently over and over again. For example, I have a friend that is working on a Ventress from that show and she is killing herself over how to get the details because they're different in every shot of her from that series...I don't know what the best way would be to handle a formal status req list from this show and I don't envy the person(s) that has to come up with that...
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We consider CW vol. 1 Anakin to be the same as AOTC Anakin except for:

1. Robotic gold/yellow right arm;
2. Sleeved robe.

That means you will be required to have all the other required AOTC Anakin elements such as the lightsaber, tunic color scheme, and belt configuration.

I have not drafted a set of standards for Anakin for CW Vol. 1 because frankly, no one really goes for that specific version.

There are only about 4 Anakins, myself included, that I know of who have a robotic right arm.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryanakin wrote:

There are only about 4 Anakins, myself included, that I know of who have a robotic right arm.

You know it!

Wink

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Qi-Gon Jinn ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! My only issue is didn't Anakin replace his saber from AOTC with the ROTS saber after it was destroyed on Geonosis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: