About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=418d3953f295184ef2e6b0c988ac5968Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tb1250 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my name is Brooks (TB1250) from San Diego Squad. I heard Bespin Base has a new coin. I would love to get one if anyone has one to trade. I have other coins and patches. send me a PM if you can help or know someone that can.
Thanks!!!!
Ashton ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, A Trianii Jedi (Hopefully future full-member) from Cleveland, GA reporting in!

Since it seems from my skimming that most of the intros explain how we got into SW I'll relate my story, which is an amusing string of coincidences...

First off, like probably 100% of the entire RL forums, I saw the original Trillogy and enjoyed it, though at the time, TBH I was more of a Trekkie than a SW fan *dodges any rotten fruit*

That was where I sat for oh geeze probably close to 2 decades... Then recently I was looking for any game shops in my area that played Dungeons and Dragons. I was shocked to find one here in Cleveland! I went in and talked to them but the game was something like 2 years running and everyone was >10th lvl, so I didn't really feel it was good to jump into it. I ended up going back around 6 months later for some Munchkin Cards (and if anyone here is not familiar, it's a D*** Fun Game!!!) and the owner told me they were starting a new DND campaign that Tuesday... Well I showed up Tuesday and waited and waited... DND guy never showed up, but the DM who ran the weekly StarWars Revised Core game did (I wouldn't be surprised if he's on here, if so, Hi James!) I was going to just sit in on it since it was En Media Res, but it turns out he had lost the original character sheets and everyone decided to just start over, so I joined. This was some months ago and I've been drug deeper and deeper into the game and the SW Universe as a whole...

So now here I am, I just purchased my first real light saber (Force FX Anakin with removable blade, planning on getting an Obi-Wan too) and am working on a Jedi Costume that I hope to wear next year to FWA and Dragon*Con.

If there are any troops/meets/etc in the Cleveland area, I'd love to hear about them, since it may be some time before I get my costume together and high enough quality to be accepted as a full member... >.<
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A belated welcome, Ashton!

Please let us know if you have any questions as you progress with your project. We have lots of Jedi around and have "been there" with assembling our costumes.

Most of our troops "near" you are going to be in Atlanta or Athens, but you may wish to come out and "handle" while your costume is in the works. That way, you can meet some folks, have a closer look at the costume pieces, ask questions, etc.

(And P.S. I grew up watching Trek... the original one.... so I love it too. *Someday* I am wanting to do a Vulcan, since I have the dark hair and eyes.)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
Dev Zurel (Brandon)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I haven't posted an intro over here. Confused Anyways...

Hey there everyone, my name's Brandon. I've been lurking around here off and on for a while, but I figure it's time to get to work since it's approx. 8 months to C VI. Shocked Laughing

I'm currently undecided on what I want my first Rebel costume to be. I'm currently torn between an Old Republic Jedi, Rebel Pilot (X-Wing), or Rebel Fleet Trooper.

As far as other costumes; I'm currently in the middle of building a custom Mando for admission into the Mandalorian Mercs, and am about to start working on either a Biker Scout or a clone of some sort admission into the 501st.

I'm looking forward to getting out and trooping with you guys sooner rather than later. Cool
Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dev Zurel wrote:
I just realized I haven't posted an intro over here. Confused Anyways...

Hey there everyone, my name's Brandon. I've been lurking around here off and on for a while, but I figure it's time to get to work since it's approx. 8 months to C VI. Shocked Laughing

I'm currently undecided on what I want my first Rebel costume to be. I'm currently torn between an Old Republic Jedi, Rebel Pilot (X-Wing), or Rebel Fleet Trooper.

As far as other costumes; I'm currently in the middle of building a custom Mando for admission into the Mandalorian Mercs, and am about to start working on either a Biker Scout or a clone of some sort admission into the 501st.

I'm looking forward to getting out and trooping with you guys sooner rather than later. Cool
Well hey there Brandon! You got a good selection of costumes to want to work on.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Brandon! If you have any questions, please ask. Smile

brushy_creek_blues ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

I just got approved today so I figured I would jump in and introduce myself.

My name is Joey and I am 30 year old male from Valdosta, Georgia. I don’t have a costume as of yet but have several ideas and interests from both sides of the coin( ). I have actually been reading both the RL site and 501st for a while and finally decided to apply to the forum to learn more about your hobby and costuming/trooping.

Just so you know I am not new to “costuming” as it were, I am an American Civil War and 1830’s Indian War(Georgia Militia) Historical Interpreter as well and within that hobby I am considered “hardcore” in that I have eyes for detail and am dedicated to getting things as correct as possible within the modern limitations of health and available materials. I am not the “let’s secede and refight the war boys” but the history first type and most of my hobby time is clocked at historic sites or “immersion” style events and not the beer/battle/belle festivals. Yea I know it’s not any Sci-Fi or Fantasy but don’t hate on me too much.

I am a huge Star Wars fan and have loved the movies since I saw them as a kid many moons ago. I love looking at all the awesome costumes and fan work y’all do and all the effort you put forth in to getting it right.

I honestly don’t know what all I am looking at doing right off as I want to learn more about the different costumes and what y’all do. Maybe it will be a great new hobby for me or it might not be a right fit but I will have fun till I figure it out.

Thanks for allowing me on your forum. I look forward to learning.

Feel free to ask me anything you want or need to know.
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. A good, solid costume is the Rebel Pilot. Just sayin'

Rebel Legion Profile

brushy_creek_blues ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loosetoon wrote:
Welcome. A good, solid costume is the Rebel Pilot. Just sayin'

Yes it is. Very Happy
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebel Legion boards, Joey!

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
CGN1971 (Chad)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

My name is Chad, I live down in Monticello. I finally have completed one of the good guy costumes.

I have a generic Old Republic Jedi. I was at the Mall of Ga Episode 1 event this past weekend and met quite a few people from Bespin Base and the Ga Garrison. Everyone looked awesome and we all had a great time both days and I'm looking forward to the next troop.

I'm working on a couple Imperial costumes right now, I had a Tie pilot when I lived in N.C. a couple years ago but never submitted it for approval since I never aquired the correct back plate.
I built the soft parts for a Rebel Trooper years ago but was never able to find a kit to build the helmet. I hope to complete one in the near future.

I got pics of my costume over the weekend at the troop and will send them in for approval as soon as I get them downloaded.
I'm also on the Ga Garrison forum under the same name.
Cloud City Temple
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Chad! It was great to meet and troop with you this weekend. Very Happy

Very nice costume, and being a darker color, it will look very nice in the group photos for our Cloud City Temple. Yes, I'm plotting.... LOL

We look forward to seeing your costume submitted and approved.. you are "strong in the Force". Ben

CGN1971 (Chad)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karyn, It was great to meet everyone. I been reading up on the KJO and catching up on post in the Cloud City Temple.

I can't wait to see your Twi'lek jedi sometime, everybody looked great over the weekend.

I been putting off buying one of the FX or custom light up sabers but after watching ya'll all weekend I guess I'll have to pick one up soon.
Cloud City Temple
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Chad!

Rebel Legion Profile

Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves to Joey and Chad* Hey! How's it goin'? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: