Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2a57f26ed01504489ed75e815f7a61f3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Robot Chicken Roller Skating Tour - August 10, 2009 8pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

add me on as a maybe for this! 60% positive i can make it just want to make sure!

madmann883 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray1134 wrote:
I'm passing this message along as a 501st representative. Joe (aka Darth Piper), the 501st CO and now main POC for this event, has asked that Eric and Adam, who were previously selected to act as participants and handlers to speak with Matt Hoffman about there involvement in an official manner with this event.

Rick, Joe has said he will be in contact.

I am merely the messenger, all questions are to be directed to Rick, Joe or Matt H.

Is he going to contact us? I'm not trying to cause any trouble, i just don't like how things were handled.
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon-Ari_Kenobi wrote:
add me on as a maybe for this! 60% positive i can make it just want to make sure!

You can attend the event privately at this point Jon-Ari, but the selections have already been made for the RL representatives.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
erictank ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had something I was going to post, and decided it would be better to take it to PM.

Rick, you have a message inbound.
Legion XO
Legion XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it....thank you Eric

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
madmann883 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know, there is a VIP pass packaged in with the DVD that is on sale now.
Legion XO
Legion XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,
Just to let the base know, yesterday I had a very good conversation with the the Garrison Tyranus Commanding Officer. We discussed the entire situation from start to finish. There were MANY information and communication gaps on both sides and things were done wrong on both sides. We reviewed together all the documentation (emails and PMs) that were produced from this mess. There were things that GT thought that were not true and have been set strait. There were things we thought that were not true and have been set strait.

Joe and I talked at length about what went wrong and how to prevent what conspired with this high-profile event from happening ever again. We are both taking and implementing measures internally within our respective groups and jointly between the Base and Garrison commands to ensure open and COMPLETE communication between all.

Most importantly, this has been a valuble learning and growing experience for both groups. Joe and I talked at leangth about our group relationships with each other and how important it is to BOTH of us not to let this damage our trooping relationship. We are now in agreement that we both have a full understanding of everything that transpired that there are no ill feelings between the two groups. I am counting on ALL of you to put this behind us, regardless of your personal feelings, learn from it and just move on. I DO NOT want this brought up at any future joint events in a negative fashion or thrown back in any GT members face in any manner..it is over and done with. If a GT member ever speaks negative of the RL or throws back in your face because of this, i need to know IMMEDIATELY who it was and what was said so it can be dealt with. The event is what it is now and nothing can change that.

I will leave this thread open for a few more hours today before I lock it down. If you feel you have something more to contribute to this feel free, but I don't think there is much more to be said....it is over with.

If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Just understand that I will answer as much as I can while respecting the privacy of those who were/are involved.

JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well spoken and understood. I am still looking forward to this event and just getting a chance to hang out with my fellow members. Smile

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto....

thanks Rick, and I look forward to discussing things further on ways we can better our events

I am still undecided if I will costume, but I will be there with bells on. Very Happy

Joel Webne
madmann883 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should all just get together and go and have a fun time. We should show support to our fellow group.
Legion XO
Legion XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great final statement madmann....and with that this thread is locked

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the approval of the CO this thread has been unlocked ONLY to guage information on who will be attending tonight.

I will be going in Jedi and as far as I know, Danny will be in Yellow Clone and Adam will be in Red Clone.

I have 2 11" Rebel Legion patches that I will be presenting to Seth and Matt as well as a Rebel Legion glow in the dark shirt for Seth.

If anyone going has a Freedom Base Patch or 2 please bring it so that we can give them those as well.

Please let me know who is attending.
There will be no discussion of the event and such from the previous posts.
Also when the event is over whomever is attending will be able to post pictures and mission reports.

Thanks

Joel Webne
madmann883 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there!
JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys... I'm here... Sitting out in the blistering sun sweating myself to death. Razz

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note before I go off to look at the insides of my eyelids....
The party was off the shizzle!!! Surprised
The crowd was great, Matt and Seth and Claire (Seths GF and winner of the Fan Films challenge at SDCC for the 2 lightsaber girls in the Bar) were extremely friendly and it was HOT AS HADES!!!

I will post pics tomorrow.
Jenn got a bunch as did I
Eddie from GT and I presented Matt and Seth with some swag on stage and the crowd LOVED US.
We gave them 2 11" RL patches, a Glow in the Dark RL shirt and a RAID coin and Eddie gave them some GT patches as well as a GT coin and some signed cards from Eric (Robot Chicken Vader)

I will post more tomorrow.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: