Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=be33c799160eeb62dcb8387567e00decMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Robot Chicken Roller Skating Tour - August 10, 2009 8pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Robot Chicken Roller Skating Tour - August 10, 2009 8pm
Event starting Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:30 pm for 2 hours

Queen Amidala wrote:
Has there been any word about supporting the Robot Chicken Roller Skating Tour ?
http://www.starwars.com:80/fans/media/news20090701news.html

Quote:
Adult Swim Announces Robot Chicken Roller Skating Tour
July 1, 2009

Robot Chicken Co-Creators Seth Green and Matt Senreich Celebrate the Release of Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II DVD with Nine-City Roller Skating Tour
Adult Swim and Robot Chicken creators and executive producers Seth Green and Matt Senreich are celebrating the release of the Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II DVD this summer by strapping on a pair of roller skates and living on a tour bus for two weeks just to bring Robot Chicken-style fun to the masses. Green and Senreich host the celebration throughout the nine-city roller rink tour across America, featuring performances by one of the hottest bands today, Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen recording group Gym Class Heroes, in addition to special Robot Chicken guests including the show's writers and producers, celebrity guest stars including actor and Robot Chicken writer/voice talent Breckin Meyer, Robot Chicken-themed activities and games and exclusive Adult Swim merchandise. Sponsored by Boost Mobile, Adult Swim's Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II Roller Skating Tour kicks off in Los Angeles August 1. A preview party, which is also open to the public, will take place on July 25 in San Diego with a guest DJ.

"Our show is so much fun, we want to invite everyone to have fun with us," says Seth Green. "Grab your friends, your couple's skate partner and some kneepads. We're coming to your town! Or at least to a major market somewhat close to your town."

"When Seth first pitched the idea of throwing roller skating parties around the country, I rolled my eyes and laughed at him," says Matthew Senreich. "I said, 'That's crazy talk.' Now that we're actually going to do it, I'm in awe of its absurdity and can't wait to attend. It fits with the randomness of our Robot Chicken show. Why not throw roller skating parties across the U.S.?"

Adult Swim's Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II Roller Skating Tour schedule*:

July 25, San Diego, Calif.: Skate San Diego's Preview party minus the band but with a guest DJ and extra Comic-Con awesomeness

August 1, Los Angeles, Calif.: Venue TBA

August 2, Las Vegas, Nev.: Rancho Crystal Palace Skating Center

August 4, Denver, Colo.: Skate City

August 6, Kansas City, Mo.: River Roll

August 8, Indianapolis, Ind.: Skateland

August 10, Richmond, Va.: Roller Dome Skating

August 12, Philadelphia, Pa.: Jamz Roller Skating

August 14, New York: Venue TBA

*Dates and times are subject to change.

At each event, all ages are welcome, admission is free and doors open at 8 p.m. Patrons with an early entry-voucher will be admitted one hour earlier. Early-entry vouchers can be found in the new Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II DVD, which will arrive at retail on July 21. More information about the tour can be found at AdultSwimPresents.com

I really cant believe that they are coming to this little backwater town....
who am I kidding....WE ROCK!!!
Seth Green, Matt Seinreich and a slew of others will be invading Richmond on Monday August 12 at the Roller Dome Skating Rink on Williamsburg Road.
This is a FREE event and I am having Danny contact the Roller rink to get more details.
THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!
I am tentatively opening this up to see if anyone is available to come on a Monday. As soon as we get more details I will post.

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jedi master vidal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roller Dome
(804) 726-2841
4902 Williamsburg Rd, Richmond, VA 23231
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot go...I will be TDY in Florida

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be away at that time. Confused

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Founder - Blue Ridge Base

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
erictank ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel's contacted me over on Tyranus' board about this, and I will keep him in the loop on anything I find out about the troop. So far, no word from Cartoon Network has come down to the 501st.

Looks like both Lori and I are going to be there - as perhaps the only Mad Scientist Emperor and Robot Chicken Darth Vader costumers in the COUNTRY (which I *STILL* can't believe no one else has done those!). We're going to have to get there probably 3 and a half hours early, since her makeup takes 3 hours to me to apply, and then I have to get into costume myself.

I look forward to seeing whoever can make it out there!
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erictank wrote:
Joel's contacted me over on Tyranus' board about this, and I will keep him in the loop on anything I find out about the troop. So far, no word from Cartoon Network has come down to the 501st.

Looks like both Lori and I are going to be there - as perhaps the only Mad Scientist Emperor and Robot Chicken Darth Vader costumers in the COUNTRY (which I *STILL* can't believe no one else has done those!). We're going to have to get there probably 3 and a half hours early, since her makeup takes 3 hours to me to apply, and then I have to get into costume myself.

I look forward to seeing whoever can make it out there!

Thanks Eric...I will be there about 6pm as soon as I get off work. So if you all need any help I can assist.
Its a shame that I dont have the suspenders and glasses or the Taun Taun costume, or else I could do the geek that saves Lucas
Oh well....I will be in Jedi instead

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and Danny Vidal contacted the skating rink doing the event here in Richmond. they put us in touch with Matt Rapp of Action Partners to get clearance for the event. I forward him on a Press Kit via email. Here is his reply:

Quote:
Subject: Star Wars Robot Chicken Tour
To: Luisramos_80@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 6:21 PM

Hey Danny,

I just talked with my supervisor about the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion being present at our Richmond event, and she loved the idea. She actually wanted me to give you a list of all our events and dates to see if you had any contacts across the country who would be interested in attending our event.

San Diego – 7/25
LA – 8/1
Las Vegas – 8/2
Denver – 8/4
Kansas City – 8/6
Indianapolis - 8/8
Richmond – 8/10
Philadelphia – 8/12
New York – 8/14

What we were thinking about doing is putting about 10-15 of you on our guest list which would give preferred access (early entrance, ect…) Although all of you are welcome to come and wait in line for the event we can only offer preferred access to 10-15 of you.

Let me know what you think and if you have any contacts across the country, we really think you guys would be a great addition to any event you can make.

Matt Rapp
Action Marketing Group
3020 Carbon Place, Suite 300
Boulder , CO 80301
[T] 303.447.7312

So it looks like we are a go to do this as an official troop at the localities.
The rink said that they would be able to provide a dressing area for us as well.
Hopefully this helps.

Joel Webne
jedi master vidal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK this event is on GT . now i dont want anybody to miss out. its 10-15 people so thats 7RL and 8 -501ST.

1.DANNY' clone or jedi
2.JOEL jedi
3.ERIC jedi
4.ADAM clone
5.Jennifer DePaola
6.ANNIE Aayla

Last edited by jedi master vidal on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total
jedi chronicous (eric dent)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in Dance Chewie
Annie Secura (Andrea Vidal)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i have the paint for Aayla im in
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie Secura wrote:
if i have the paint for Aayla im in

Sweet!!!
Maybe you can do Aayla this year in the Parade since she has a few episodes in the Clone Wars.

Joel Webne
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was on a weekend, i would definitely be there

The Force fights WITH me!!!
JennFaereality (Jennifer DePaola)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul and I are in for this. Smile

madmann883 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost done with my Red Clone. I'd love to come to this event.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmann883 wrote:
I'm almost done with my Red Clone. I'd love to come to this event.

Whats up Adam....get that thing done...and fast
you need to have it approved at least 2 weeks prior to the event.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: