About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dc1238c41bd81d70fbbefb90c808680aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Conference Calls with Mary Franklin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Conference Calls with Mary Franklin Reply with quote

Mary Franklin had conference calls for the leaders of the Star Wars fan groups to go over some new policies and questions we had. The calls included members around the world and lots of information was gone over the past 3 days. This is a recap from Mary what was disscused and to post on our forums to share. Please feel free to post any questions you have. Let's have a great year Echo base! rebelbird

Heads Up: Star Wars Costumed Fan Appearances
We are extremely fortunate at Lucasfilm to have such devoted fans and we appreciate the excitement and enthusiasm of the worldwide Star Wars fan-organized clubs. In my role as head of fan relations, I am grateful that I get to work with you so frequently.
Now that we are part of a larger organization, I want to make sure you know that my role has not changed. I will still be your point of contact for all activities relating to Lucasfilm as well as The Walt Disney Company and our licensees or promotional partners.
As you can imagine, there is huge enthusiasm in the worldwide Disney offices and with our licensees and promotional partners to engage with Star Wars. Fans and fan organizations will continue to receive invitations to our Star Wars-themed events, such as baseball games, Star Wars Weekends, etc. And, as has been done in the past, there will be times when we call on your groups for what we call Featured Character Appearances.
In short, to help channel the genuine enthusiasm so that that it best benefits Star Wars and your groups, here is what we have communicated inside Disney, Lucasfilm, and to our licensees and promotional partners:

o All requests for Star Wars costumed characters will be coordinated through me (mary.franklin@lucasfilm.com), regardless of whether the source of each request is a licensee, a promotional partner, The Walt Disney Company or Lucasfilm.

o When specific costumed Star Wars characters are required by Disney, Lucasfilm, or licensees and promotional partners for Featured Character Appearances, they have been directed to treat any individual involved as project employees.

If you receive any request from an outside group for a commercial activity that is associated with Lucasfilm or Disney and have not heard from me first, please give me a call or send me an email.
Finally, please take note that we understand that your members participate in non-commercial, community and charity activities through your organizations, which are independent of us, and do not require contact with me. Except hoped-for reports for Bantha Tracks!
We appreciate everything that you do in your communities and for the Star Wars brand. Thank you again for all you do!
Mary Franklin
Lucasfilm
mary.franklin@lucasfilm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: