Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=658c7bb1080852c83779da3053a0a0c0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Why I have been "absent"....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treborgahkor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Why I have been "absent".... Reply with quote

So I have been trying to figure out how to address my sudden lack of participation within my costuming groups and I feel the need to let others know what has been happening to me. I want to start off by saying that it is not anything that any of you have done and it's not because I want to "step away" or anything of the sort (to END any rumors that may be floating around).
Last May my family and I got some shocking news and it has changed my life since that moment. My father, who has been my rock, inspiration and the one person I have always looked up to, got diagnosed with Alzheimers and Dementia. I felt like the world stopped for several reasons. First, it means I will slowly loose my father one piece and one memory at a time. I do not look forward to seeing my father leave the world in this manner. Second, I now need to worry that this is something that I will foresee in my future since it is a genetic disease for which there is no cure. As if all of that is not enough of a shock to my family, in August, my brother called an emergency meeting with the doctor. Apparently my dad had been going out in the community and getting lost and was being a danger to himself and others. It was decided at that point, that my parents needed some assisted care living. It was a shock to both of my parents and us. So... Since that point it has meant going up to Rochester almost every weekend since then helping my parents sift through 47 years worth of memories and "things". They will be moving in on October 5th (which takes me out of the Strong Museum event, which I'm bummed about!) and we hope things will calm down a little bit from there, but they will still need to sell their house which may not happen till a few months later.
On top of that, I'm trying to deal with the "usual" family stuff. You know, Ruth being in her senior year in college, Tara her senior year in High School, and Austin having moved back home to save up money to get into the Hollywood industry. We are making our way through this mess, but I wanted to let you all know that's why you're not seeing many posts from me both here and online (Facebook and the like). We are hoping our lives will get back to being manageable soon and that I will get to see all of you (whom I consider my brothers and sisters) sometime again soon at an event.

Thanks for all of your support and I hope to see you all again soon - Bob Crissman
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending good thoughts your way!

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: