Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89c383df2d7a28fd95a96ec9c130dd90Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

What costume(s) are you working on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Helmet Project II is GO! Evil or Very Mad

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mary ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: General Organa Reply with quote

I am new to Rebel Legion, Hello everyone. Saints Customs is making the main part of my General Organa and I am working on the belt and ring. I found my boots already (Hope they are a good enough copy of the pics) I am reading some differences of opinion in whether the boots are black or Brown I would have sworn they are brown and the ring silver or gold I think it is gold. Hope to have 90% of the costume completed by Planet Comicon in KC next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that it all comes out and is approvable. Today is ring making day, noway am I gonna get that buckle finished by the weekend. Anyone good at working with metal?????
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Mary!

The current standards (that have been voted upon) call for brown boots that go almost up to the knee, with a rounded toe. A low wedge heel or flat soled. No chunk or spike heels.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73587

Hope this helps. Smile

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
UCGR Detachment XO
Echo Base Captain
Mary ()

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Thank you for the info Reply with quote

TrooperPX wrote:
Welcome, Mary!

The current standards (that have been voted upon) call for brown boots that go almost up to the knee, with a rounded toe. A low wedge heel or flat soled. No chunk or spike heels.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73587

Hope this helps. Smile
Arch27 (Bob Thayer)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not currently working on anything, but I have a Jedi costume that needs some attention, and I'd like to work out an X-Wing pilot at some point.

The Jedi -- I need a new outer robe. It was inhabited by a mouse at some point while in storage, and when I cleaned it, it shrunk. I'd also like to get my custom saber hilt made at some point. I made it in 3D in 1997, and have been hoping to find some way of getting it made for real pretty much ever since. Now that 3D printing is popular, I might have a better chance. First off I'll go for a static hilt, but I'd like to eventually build one that can house a blade.

I'd also like to get some sort of alien hands/mask to use as a Jedi but that's not exactly top priority.

Yeah - I know I can join as a Tusken but that's just not "right" to me.

Anyway - some of you know who I am so I'll see you around -we'll talk. Smile
Arch27 (Bob Thayer)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm moving along with a pilot -- ANH Y-Wing Pilot to be exact, but most people won't know the difference and probably call me an X-Wing pilot Laughing I'd like this to be thrown together as cheaply as possible (helmet not withstanding because I already found someone here selling the one I was going to make).

Jump Suit - I'm thinking the 'buy 2 cheap ones, cannibalize one to make pockets' route would work best. I'll need a hand on that since I don't have a machine or access to one.

Vest/harness - might need a hand here too.

Metal Bits - I'll probably end up making flares and other bits out of wood (or if my neighbor gets his lathe running I'll have him make them out of aluminum).

Boots - I'll have to see if a pair I already have will fit the bill. If not, I think I have a source already.

Gloves - I'll just buy them.

Chestbox - I'm hoping to build one myself, but if it comes down to it I'm not afraid to just get one from a maker.

All of this is also to go with the R5-D4 I'm building. It's about 25% done, but I'm hoping to make a big push on it after my family (finally) moves into a larger house - one with a detached garage/workshop.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you need anything Bob.

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smartpenguin78 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jedi is my first real Star Wars costume (I have quite a few costumes from other randoms)

I'm now very very interested in a Senator Palpatine, a X-Wing Pilot and possibly a Han from Empire.
Arch27 (Bob Thayer)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:
Let me know if you need anything Bob.

Thanks! So far it's a matter of finding makers/sources.

Helmet, flight suit, flak vest, harness, belt and other straps seem to be all set. They'll be an 'over the winter' project.

Flares/code cylinders - Might just suck it up and go ElvisTrooper.

Boots/Gloves - Have my eye on a set of both from one vendor.

Chestbox - Haven't really looked into it yet. Saw some makers - great stuff. Might just go with one of them.

I need to do some research on Gold 5, see what his box looks like, and if there's any good shots of his helmet other than straight on.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record:

RFT - 80% done (need to complete shirt and vest)
Hoth Hangar Trooper - 20% done (need all major components)
Rogue One Rebel Trooper - 80% done (waiting for Gorka-4 to arrive)
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted my X-Wing pilot over the weekend. Afterward I noticed that the ejection harness was hanging way too low. Should I re-submit, or wait to be contacted?

Either way, looking forward to meeting some folks at Celebration!
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait and see. Resubmit immediately would be my advice. You may be approved with updated pictures.

I'll be at the RL table on Thursday from 2 to 4, stop by and introduce yourself.

There is NO Orange Mafia
jwnikita (Jill Olsen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to these boards. I joined because I have begun the process of a Mara Jade build that I would like to submit for approval. I thought I might join the Echo Base boards so that I can get to know the members (those who I don't already know from the North Ridge).
heathdwilliams (Heath)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Brooklyn resident here, just started an X-Wing pilot costume (my first ever costume project). Just popping in to say hi, hope to share updates as I go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: