Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=45e17a33cbc95bf0bea71738620b5c05Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lego Star Wars book release 10/10 - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndFri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 pm
Bouri-PlwelFri Jun 26, 2009 9:54 pm
Koda VonnorFri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm
User Registered Confirmed
HolodocWed Jul 08, 2009 3:41 pm
mooglarMon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 pm
Sol Kar PloonWed Sep 09, 2009 3:13 am
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...
according to the official grid for the event Charlotte Lego Store has been cancelled, but the Books A Million is still going to happen

Here is the current list for the LEGO eventLego Star Wars Event:

Mooglar(Mark Stafford) LEGO Store Raleigh, NC location – Qui-Gon Jinn
Dacen Salu (Ken Clouser) - Books A Million Fayetteville or LEGO Store Raleigh, NC location - Jedi
Tusken Fan (Luis Diaz) - Books A Million Concord Mills, NC
Jada (Nancy) - Books A Million Concord Mills, NC
Holodoc( Susan M) LEGO Store Charlotte, NC – Jedi or Jawa

So if Susan wants to do the Books A Million since she was orig set for the Lego store then she has first crack at it.

If she doesnt want to do it then Sol Kar Ploon can take her place in Jedi garb and Luis and Nancy can be handlers.

hofmann wrote:
Ok, here's the updated list for the Lego troop. The events will take place at these stores on 10/10/09 from 2PM-4PM. They will have a secure room for changing, water for the volunteers, and a handler (store employee) for each location.
And Joel, looks like the Charlotte one has been canceled.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqXbX3OXUIvZdHlsam5vb21aNWtocEpkc3A5ZEZTUHc&hl=en

You have to be able to sign into Google Groups to view the spreadsheet
Let me know what you would like to do so that I can pass the info on to the 501st

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still good fro all the VA locations from what I understand...right Joel???

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
We are still good fro all the VA locations from what I understand...right Joel???

Correctomundo! None of the VA locations were cancelled.

Joel Webne
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel,

I checked with Cher and according to her both events are still on. The stores are in the Concord Mills Mall so it is a hop, skip and a jump to go from one store to the other.

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Founder - Blue Ridge Base

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused All I know is that the grid was sent to Hofmann with the list of cancelled stores. Charlotte Lego Store was one. If it hasnt, then great.
I would make sure that there is coverage, just in case, but just be prepared that it might not happen.
The list did say that the Books A Million was still happening, and if they are in the same mall then it wont hurt to check.

Joel Webne
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too early yet to get a muster time and POC? From the most recently available info I have the following personnel trooping the Border's Fairfax location:

Jessica Floyd (TK)
Brian Robinson (TK)
Tom Musco (TK)
Matt Pickering (TIE Pilot)
Bill Costigan (Old Rep Jedi)

I checked the publicly accessible "Events" forums at the GT website, but did not see this event.

Many thanks.

~ Bill C.
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda Vonnor wrote:
Is it too early yet to get a muster time and POC? From the most recently available info I have the following personnel trooping the Border's Fairfax location:

Jessica Floyd (TK)
Brian Robinson (TK)
Tom Musco (TK)
Matt Pickering (TIE Pilot)
Bill Costigan (Old Rep Jedi)

I checked the publicly accessible "Events" forums at the GT website, but did not see this event.

Many thanks.

~ Bill C.

Its in the Rebel Legion/501st events at the bottom.
the start time is 2pm so I am thinking that 12:30 would be best to get there and get the lay of the land and such

Joel Webne
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK, I found it.

In my fevered delirium (at home playing host to some nice virus Sad) I was thinking the event was this Sat for some reason. Don't mind me.

Nothing to see here. Move along...
Legion XO
Legion XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Bill...we know the real cause....that little issue that shall remaine "unspoken" that had long term effect.... Shocked

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
Sol Kar Ploon (Brooks Pace)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I've not posted in a few days here, I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm still on as a back-up as long as you guys let me know on here with a bit of advanced notice. So, if Susan doesn't want to do Books a Million, or if her event wasn't cancelled and we still need me for Books a million, let me know and I'll step in. Thanks!

Luke: "I don't believe it"
Yoda: "that is why you failed"
Holodoc (Susan M)
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event is coming up in just a few days. Do I still need to go to the Lego Store or do I need to move over to Books A Million? Also which ever location I need to show up to, I need to know the addy location so I can plan my driving up to the event in NC.

Also would help knowing the time to be there as well.

Base Merchandise Officer 2010-2018
Base Membership Officer 2010-2018
Blue Ridge Base

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan, as far as I know for the Charlotte event it is at Books-A-Million at 2pm. Come as early as you need to in order to get ready.

As far as in-store POCs everyone's guess is just that. From what I've been told DK is not forthcoming with information.

I think it is a complete shame that they aren't having us do both BAM and the Lego store. But that is my opinion. Now back to your happy posting.

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jada wrote:
Susan, as far as I know for the Charlotte event it is at Books-A-Million at 2pm. Come as early as you need to in order to get ready.

As far as in-store POCs everyone's guess is just that. From what I've been told DK is not forthcoming with information.

I think it is a complete shame that they aren't having us do both BAM and the Lego store. But that is my opinion. Now back to your happy posting.

Agreed...I would go ahead on to the Books A Million in costume. Since they are up in the air with their information and they still want to have recognizable characters, wear your Jedi.
I have a feeling that it will be like the Robot Chicken event where everyone that showed up was able to participate.
Contact Carolina Garrison and let them know that you will be in attendance at the BAM location and in which costume.

Joel Webne
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted on the Carolina Garrison event thread:

Quote:
• All times are from 2-4pm,

• Please arrive before 2pm, and allow yourself enough time to get properly suited up to hit the floor at 2pm. When you arrive, please let a store employee know that you're with the 501st Legion, and ask for the manager or guidance on where to • change if they're familiar with the days event.

• There will be a changing area at each location, and it will be secure.

• The store locations should have water for the troops.

• A store employee will act as a spotter, unless you bring someone to act in this capacity.

• If you need a break while on the floor, please take one! Inform the spotter that you will be stepping off the floor for a minute or so.

• While you're out on the floor, pose for pics, sign autographs (perhaps the spotter or another employee can tell you if the LEGO SW Visual Dictionary book was purchased (receipt) or not before you sign it), have fun, and act in character! If you have trading cards that you want to pass out or tattoos, feel free to bring those.
Should the event be going extremely well, and it starts going past the scheduled stop time and if the store would like you to stay longer, this will be entirely up to you.

• Afterwards, please do remember to thank them for hosting this event on behalf of your garrison and the 501st Legion. You might also want to let them know that if they should ever need your services again, to please contact you through the 501st.com Request-A-Trooper or if you have a card with your info on it, you might want to give them that.

• If you wish to purchase a copy of the book, DK Publishing is offering a 20% discount through their website only. If you buy it at the store, you will have to pay full price.

• Don't forget your free t-shirt!

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for reference this is the mall map for Concord Mills:

Books-A-Million is located right at entrance B.

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: