Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f6b7e4d2160f433f6e9ce6787f5af55Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lego Star Wars book release 10/10 - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndFri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 pm
Bouri-PlwelFri Jun 26, 2009 9:54 pm
Koda VonnorFri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm
User Registered Confirmed
HolodocWed Jul 08, 2009 3:41 pm
mooglarMon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 pm
Sol Kar PloonWed Sep 09, 2009 3:13 am
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Lego Star Wars book release 10/10 - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Event: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:00 am

The 501st and Rebel Legions will be working together on October 10th, 2009 for the DK Publishing Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary release.

Each team will consist of 5 members, four from the 501st and one from the RL. We are in charge of supplying this member.

We have SEVEN events in our territory:

LEGO Store Charlotte, NC Freedom
Books A Million Concord Mills, NC Freedom
Books A Million Fayetteville, NC Freedom
LEGO Store Raleigh, NC Freedom
Borders Fairfax, VA Freedom
LEGO Store McLean, VA Freedom
LEGO Store Woodbridge, VA Freedom

Here is the current list for the LEGO eventLego Star Wars Event:
Shivannd (Joel Webne) LEGO Store Woodbridge, VA Location - JEDI
Jedi Master Vidal (Danny Vidal) LEGO Store Woodbridge, VA Location – TROOPING WITH GT FOR EVENT

Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis) LEGO Store Mclean, VA Location - Jedi

Koda Vonnor(Bill Costigan) Borders Fairfax, VA

Mooglar(Mark Stafford) LEGO Store Raleigh, NC location – Qui-Gon Jinn
Dacen Salu (Ken Clouser) - Books A Million Fayetteville or LEGO Store Raleigh, NC location - Jedi
Tusken Fan (Luis Diaz) - Books A Million Concord Mills, NC
Jada (Nancy) - Books A Million Concord Mills, NC
Holodoc( Susan M) LEGO Store Charlotte, NC – Jedi or Jawa

ALL PRIMARY SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE AN ALTERNATE, THEN PLEASE LET US KNOW.

LEGO Store Charlotte, NC Freedom 1 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY)
Books A Million Concord Mills, NC Freedom 2 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY, 1 ALTERNATE)
Books A Million Fayetteville, NC Freedom 1 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY)
LEGO Store Raleigh, NC Freedom 1 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY)
Borders Fairfax, VA Freedom 1 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY)
LEGO Store McLean, VA Freedom 1 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY)
LEGO Store Woodbridge, VA Freedom 1 – COVERED (1 PRIMARY)

ALL the RL characters MUST be a formal registered costume, and must be a recognizable character. Jedi, RFTs, X-Wing pilots especially. Again, this is a FORMAL event, so if a face character is chosen, they must resemble that character. I am not sure how many true face characters we have in the base, but I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

The is no flexibility on the numbers for this, only one RL character will be able to participate at each location! Not our rule, this comes straight from DK Publishing.

Just to let everyone know...Albin Johnson of the 501st is really pushing this within the 501st. Here is what Albin included in his instructions to the Garrison CO:
TK210 wrote:
....Each event team will be four 501st Legion members and one Rebel Legion member. Exact mix of costumes is left to the CO's discretion but it's been requested an ideal mix include mostly troopers (TK or Clone) along with one colorful Sith character (ideally Darth Vader in all cases, but Darth Maul would serve as a good substitute and possibly Anakin in extreme cases). If staffing problems come up, you can put in for alternatives - biker scouts, etc. I will be working with our Legion Club Envoy Andrea Samulewicz to coordinate the Rebel side of things, so the Rebel costumer will be chosen by the RL and not necessarily from among 501st members with RL Costumes. I want to broaden our partnership with our sister club so Matt Hoffman will be in charge of his selections and will report them back to me.....

Thanks for your support.....lets make this a phenomenal event for DK publishing.

On that note...

Interested:
Shivannd (Joel Webne) LEGO Store Woodbridge, VA @ Potomac Mills - JEDI

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The McLean location is just down the road from me in Tysons Corner. I will volunteer for that one. The Potomic Mills store is a nice location Joel!!!

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
The McLean location is just down the road from me in Tysons Corner. I will volunteer for that one. The Potomic Mills store is a nice location Joel!!!

Yeah!! I have been in that one many times...its close enough for me as well as some of the other GT members if we want to carpool.
I almost bought the Millenium Falcon (BIG ONE) there. I kept telling my wife that that was going to be my 40th Birthday present....hopefully.
I still have my OT Lego AT-AT in the box that my son and I will assemble and display.

Joel Webne
Brash Porkins (Brian Chappell)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT AT-AT is cool.... Follow the steps in order, don't jump ahead and pre-assemble parts like the legs cause they look to be the same... I did that and found there is a slight difference once I started to do final assemble. Had to pull some of it apart to fix. It walked but it looked like it had been on a bender staggering around on the kitchen floor....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brash Porkins wrote:
OT AT-AT is cool.... Follow the steps in order, don't jump ahead and pre-assemble parts like the legs cause they look to be the same... I did that and found there is a slight difference once I started to do final assemble. Had to pull some of it apart to fix. It walked but it looked like it had been on a bender staggering around on the kitchen floor....

I have the one that doesnt have the motor controls in it. Mine is the first generation version from 2003 that is retired

Joel Webne
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

I don't think either of my costumes are appropriate for this event* Laughing but I'll be glad to coordinate.

*that is unless of course my resemblance to Yarna is so incredible that the thought of having her at the event would be absolutely titillating. Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Founder - Blue Ridge Base

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel

I could do either the Fayetteville or Raleigh locale, they are both about
two hours away from me, let me know.

The Force fights WITH me!!!
Legion XO
Legion XO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jada wrote:
Rick,

I don't think either of my costumes are appropriate for this event* Laughing but I'll be glad to coordinate.

*that is unless of course my resemblance to Yarna is so incredible that the thought of having her at the event would be absolutely titillating. Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz

I think you have outstanding costumes.....If you want to participate, throw your name in

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll have Louie the Bantha Whisperer throw his name in before mine. After all, Tuskens get more screen time than Yarna. Laughing Wink

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Founder - Blue Ridge Base

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dacen Salu wrote:
Joel

I could do either the Fayetteville or Raleigh locale, they are both about
two hours away from me, let me know.

Either is fine....post at the top and we will fill accordingly.

And Jada....you can always accompany your Husband as an alternate and if he is wearing Tusken I am sure that they will have no problem with you in Tusken too.

Joel Webne
TuskenFan (Luis A. Diaz Jr.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for doing this at Books A Million, Concord Mills. Do you have an idea what time this event is going to be? The reason I'm asking is because the Carolina Garrison has an Autism Walk event at Lowes Motor Speedway the same day. It is in the morning, from 8:30am to 10:30am. Since the Speedway is right down the road from Concord Mills, if the Lego event is later in the afternoon I can be at both. that is if you want a Tusken Raider. I can also go as a 501st member if there is another RL member that want's to do this event.

Also any RL members are invited to attend the Autism Walk if they like. Here is a link to that thread...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18004
What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?!-Emperor Palpatine
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my name thrown in the mix, like i said am about 2 hours from
either one depending on direction, let me know.

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TuskenFan wrote:
I'm up for doing this at Books A Million, Concord Mills. Do you have an idea what time this event is going to be? The reason I'm asking is because the Carolina Garrison has an Autism Walk event at Lowes Motor Speedway the same day. It is in the morning, from 8:30am to 10:30am. Since the Speedway is right down the road from Concord Mills, if the Lego event is later in the afternoon I can be at both. that is if you want a Tusken Raider. I can also go as a 501st member if there is another RL member that want's to do this event.

Also any RL members are invited to attend the Autism Walk if they like. Here is a link to that thread...

Check with the 501st to see if they need someone...jsut because they are requesting more prominent costumes....X-wing, Jedi, RFT, Clone for the RL
I have not gotten any of the details for the time and such but you will be the first to know as soon as I do.

Thanks

Joel Webne
Legion XO
Legion XO

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us see if anyone else volunteers for that location. We will supply what we can supply. Im my opinion a tusken raider is a pretty recognizable and prominent costume.

TuskenFan (Luis A. Diaz Jr.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
TuskenFan wrote:

Check with the 501st to see if they need someone...jsut because they are requesting more prominent costumes....X-wing, Jedi, RFT, Clone for the RL
I have not gotten any of the details for the time and such but you will be the first to know as soon as I do.

Thanks

Ok, I'll see what the 501st is doing. I was talking to Cher and she said that the 501st may only be looking for clean white TK's and Vader. But I can wrangle the event and be photographer.

But here is something else I noticed. In the first post is say there is supposed to be 2 events in Charlotte, one at Books A Million in Concord Mills and another event at the LEGO Store in Charlotte. Now I was just checking online to see where this LEGO Store was supposed to be opening and on their web site is says it's opening at Concord Mills. So I wonder if there is only going to be one event or if it's 2 events at the same mall. Here is a link to their site, check under LEGO Store News and then look for New LEGO Stores Opening Soon.

http://stores.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx
What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?!-Emperor Palpatine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: