Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3417968bd39319c4e95a6e70e6e5331aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Full Details: NSO Wolf Trap concert 7/25/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard from my seamstress, and I'll have my Anakin back in time for this, so I'm all set.
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have verified that I will DEFINITELY be able to make this event. So count me in for any skits etc. you need me for. I would prefer to wear Jedi since I have not worn it for an event since I got my RFT....but am willing to do whatever is needed.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to carpool to this Rick?
DarthMiller ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated with full details on 7/17/2009.

Please contact DarthMiller (Jim) with any questions)

Thanks everyone!
Legion XO
Legion XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
Do you want to carpool to this Rick?

That is fine...you want to just meet here at my house early and we can go from here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking Rick; just LMK what time you're thinking.
Legion XO
Legion XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

message sent...

Is there nobody else available for this on Saturday?

DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick and Neil,

PLEASE STAND BY:
New information on its way.

I just got 3 emails from the NSO, and am trying to process and disseminate the information as fast as I can... while juggeling all 3 major projects I am working of at work... plus I have a root canal scheduled for 3 today!

Highlights in the next post.

- Jim
DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick and Neil,

PLEASE STAND BY:
New information on its way.

I just got 3 emails from the NSO, and am trying to process and disseminate the information as fast as I can... while juggeling all 3 major projects I am working of at work... plus I have a root canal scheduled for 3 today!

You are welcome as duelists, but will need to lobby to do something during the show... please come to rehearsal at 11 am, and go in the backstage entrance... email me at jimmillersemail@gmail.com and I will send you the map they sent me.. (rough quality... sorry)

Highlights in the next post.

- Jim

New information highlights:

Weapon props: OK!!! (by both Wolf Trap and the US park Police)

We will -ONLY- be on stage for the encore "Cantina Band" piece finale' at the end.
(although I will personally lobby at rehearsal to have some of us walk across the stage during a few of the star wars pieces, like Imperial March and duel of the fates, etc.)

-All- of the Star Wars music will occur as a 48 minute "composition" piece, in the second half of the show, towards the end.
(so by deductive reasoning, it'll all be after intermission)

Rehearsal starts at 11am (no idea how long it will take, but now that we know when and where we will be, folks who are coming a great distance don't have to worry about that any more!)

The entire show ends at between 10pm and 10:15pm. Remember that we will be interacting with the departing crowds after that also.

We will enter through the backstage door, I will provide a map (from them, not the best quality though) to anyone who emails me at jimmillersemail@gmail.com

No to Indiana Jones (whomever asked about it... I have had so many calls and emails, I can't remember who it was)... sorry.

I will update the first post with final details shortly.
Best bet is to call me at 703-966-7609 if you have any pressing questions in the meantime!

Thanks for being so patient!
I just got a TON of information, and I am knee deep in work projects today to boot...
I'll do my best.

- Jim
DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRINT THIS OUT!!

Also, the Map and the program are attached below.

Last Updated 7/24/2009 6:38 PM

Hi everyone.

Here is the most up to date (and final) information on this troop.
Please print this out for your use the day of!!!!
Please contact me with any last minute questions 703-966-7609.

- Jim
....................................................................................................

WHAT: National Symphony Orchestra Concert honoring “The Music of John Williams”
WHEN: July 25, 2009 (Arrive no later than 6:00PM)
TIME: Concert runs from 8:15 until 10:15PM
WHERE: Wolftrap in Virginia (Filene Center)
WHO: Maestro Erich Kunzel and the NSO

http://www.wolftrap.org/Home/Find_Perfo ... how09.aspx

NSO Concert: The Music of John Williams
Saturday, July 25 at 8:15 pm at the Filene Center
Maestro Erich Kunzel, conductor (confirmed!!!)
National Symphony Orchestra

WHAT WE WILL BE DOING, (UPDATED!)
a. Meet and greet (pose for pics) before the show
b. Selected MOVIE characters will participate on stage in the last “encore” finale’ at the conclusion of the show (during the “Cantina Band” piece) likely “dancing” in costume (and then taking a bow)
d. Pose for pictures with patrons as they leave the Filene Center after the concert
e. FOTL / GTHM AWARDS: (At some point in the day , LIKELY DURING INTERMISSION): OG, GT and OLG will present Maestro Erich Kunzel with the Friend of the Legion Award, Honorary GT Membership plaques, etc. for his contributions to the Star Wars Legacy and his courage in the face of his present battle.

ALL OF THE STAR WARS MUSIC will be after intermission, and performed in a 48 minute “Composition” format… and we will join in at the end with the Cantina Band theme.

CONFIRMED TROOPERS: We have exactly -34- troops attending, from GT, OLG, RL, OG and R2D2 Builders. (see list below)

MAESTRO ERICH KUNZEL is CONFIRMED attending!!!

*** PREPARE TO BE FLEXIBLE and ready to accommodate any changes.***

**NOT EVERYONE WILL BE ON STAGE**: **IMPORTANT NOTE: It is imperative that everyone be aware that NOT EVERYONE WILL BE ON STAGE. Who will be onstage, when, and doing what, will be determined by the conductor, likely on the day of the concert itself. If we get any say at all in this, priority will be given to those who did not troop onstage at the 2007 Kennedy Center events.

NO E.U. COSTUMES WILL BE ON STAGE as per directives from Erich Kunzel. Movie Costumes only.

*REHEARSAL*: For Garrison/Legion officers, group leaders, droid handlers, and those with movie costumes who can attend, the NSO has asked that we attend the rehearsal if possible. It is being held at 11:00 AM that morning (7/25/09) at Wolf Trap. Please RSVP via PM to Jim Miller (DarthMiller) if you plan to attend the rehearsal.

ARRIVAL TIME:
a. 5:15 for garrison/legion officers, etc (501st, RL, R2D2 Builders, officers and coordinators) to set up, make decisions get/give directions and get in costume
b. NO LATER THAN 6:00 PM for everyone else. Since the gates open at 6:45 (and people line up WAY ahead of this to get good lawn seats), and we want to have troops greeting patrons as they arrive and enter the Filene Center area, we should have folks arrive early. (plus they are more likely to get a better parking spot if they come early)

PARKING: Parking is free at Wolf Trap. Each group will have ONE staff parking pass for the staff lot for loading and unloading of bulky gear crates, droids, etc. That means 1 staff parking pass for GT, 1 for OLG, 1 for RL and 1 for the R2D2 Builders group.

DRESSING ROOMS / WATER / GATORADE: They have 2 LARGE dressing rooms reserved for us, and are ready to accommodate our 40+ people. Water and Gatorade will be provided, and we can store our crates, etc. in those dressing rooms during the concert.

WEAPONS PROPS: (UPDATED!) Blasters and lihtsabers are permitted by Wolf Trap and the US Park Police. I personally spoke to US Park Police Officer McKinney last night who assured me that they were allowed, and Stephanie from the NSO said they were fine too! Just go easy around the little kids 

DIRECTIONS / PROGRAM and MAP: is attached to this post below. Or you can email me at jimmillersemail@gmail.com and I’ll send you one if I have time.

SQUIRES READ THIS!! Whomever wants to squire, please Contact DarthMiller (Jim) via pone or email by 8:00 AM tomorrow 7/25/09 so I can put your name on the list! Otherwise you won’t be able to get backstage with us!

CAMERAS. Please bring them. We very much need folks to bring good cameras to take photos the presentation of awards to Maestro Erich Kunzel.

LIST OF CONFIRMED/APPROVED TROOPS ATTENDING:

Last Name First Name Costume

Abbott Keith Stormtrooper
Baker-Siroty Adam Stormtrooper
Bauer Virgil Shadow (Black) Stormtrooper
Bouwhuis Rick Jedi / Duelist
Coajou Pat with R2D2, Jawa and Mouse Droid
Contreras Wally Tie Pilot
Davis Rob (Robin) Boba Fett
Diastrom Diastrom Clone Trooper
Dressler Dale with R2D2
Farmer Jonathan Stormtrooper
Fiedler Jon Biker Scout
Floyd Jessica Stormtrooper
Frye Lori Tie Pilot
Gaines Troy Clone Trooper
Gooding Craig Stormtrooper
Hendley Kellie Jawa
Jorgensen Jay Shadow (Black) Stormtrooper
Lewis Fitzgerald Jango Fett
Mendoza Oscar Shadow (Black) Stormtrooper
Meyers Alexander Charles Stormtrooper
Miller Jim Imperial Crew (Point of Contact)
Musco Tom Stormtrooper
Nargi Matt Stormtrooper
Ogulin Joe Stormtrooper
Pickering Matthew Imperial Crew
Pilson Everett Stormtrooper
Rodriguez Dan Imperial Navy
Roinson Brian Stormtrooper
Schwartz Andy with R5D4
Shivelle Neil TCW Anakin / Duelist
Shue Brad Tie Pilot
Tank Eric Darth Vader
Tuart Joe Biker Scout
Wakefield Chris Stormtrooper

QUESTIONS should be directed to Jim Miller (DarthMiller) via PM on this forum.

SEE YOU ON THE 25th!!!!!!!!!!!
Legion XO
Legion XO

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a wonderful event last night....Neil and I were the only two from the RL that represented but were afforded a great opportunity. the entire 2nd half of the concert was the SW music...something from EVERY movie....Neil and I was asked to duel during the Episode III "Battle of the Heroes" number....went very well......we also participated with the 501st on some other songs as well.....wish more of you would have signed up for this one...it was a great concert and a good time!!!! THANK YOU NEIL for joining me....you did great!!!!

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time Rick, hopefully next time I won't have crash into the seats :-) overall I thought this was an awesome troop. Sorry to everyone for missing the dinner, but I needed ice and Advil.

Anyone who has any pics or video of our duel please post them, I would really like to see how it looked.
Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
This was a wonderful event last night....Neil and I were the only two from the RL that represented

Hey! I know I'm short and you guys are like 8 ft tall. Crying or Very sad Must have been some other Jawa walking around in a Terrapin Base shirt.
Even though I wasn't there, you guys looked great. Laughing
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Legion XO
Legion XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amalphiea wrote:
Bouri-Plwel wrote:
This was a wonderful event last night....Neil and I were the only two from the RL that represented

Hey! I know I'm short and you guys are like 8 ft tall. Crying or Very sad Must have been some other Jawa walking around in a Terrapin Base shirt.
Even though I wasn't there, you guys looked great. Laughing

Sorry....I kept thinking you were there as part of the Garrison....my bad

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was able to find 1 pic of our duel so far. Please anyone who finds more post them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: