Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c0bfde5b7e60ef4630a51e757745ab3aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Full Details: NSO Wolf Trap concert 7/25/09
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthMiller ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Full Details: NSO Wolf Trap concert 7/25/09 Reply with quote

Dear friends of the Rebel Legion, Freedom Base:

The 501st has been invited to participate in the National Symphony Orchestra's July 25th concert at Wolf Trap: "The Music of John Williams" featuring renowned conductor Erich Kunzel.

Here are the full details as of 7/17/2009 ( updated at 4:30PM)

WHAT: National Symphony Orchestra Concert honoring “The Music of John Williams”
WHEN: July 25, 2009 (Arrive no later than 6:00PM)
WHERE: Wolftrap in Virginia (Filene Center)

http://www.wolftrap.org/Home/Find_Performances_and_Events/Performance/09Filene/0725show09.aspx

NSO Concert: The Music of John Williams
Saturday, July 25 at 8:15 pm at the Filene Center
Maestro Erich Kunzel, conductor
NSO @ Wolf Trap

WHAT WE WILL BE DOING, Until we hear otherwise, be prepared to do exactly the same things we did in the 2007 Kennedy Center show including:
a. Meet and greet (pose for pics) before the show
b. Selected characters will participate on stage in one or more ‘skits’ during specific musical pieces
c. Curtain call finale’ (during the “Cantina Theme” piece) most of us will be on stage for the finale number “dancing” in costume (and then taking a bow)
d. Pose for pictures with patrons as they leave the Filene Center after the concert
e. FOTL / GTHM AWARDS: (At some point in the day TBD): OG, GT and OLG will present Maestro Erich Kunzel with the Friend of the Legion Award, Honorary GT Membership plaques, etc. for his contributions to the Star Wars Legacy and his courage in the face of his present battle.

CONFIRMED TROOPERS: We have over -36- troops attending, from GT, OLG, RL, OG and R2D2 Builders. (see list below)

THE CONCERT WILL GO ON regardless. Despite possible health issues with the conductor, this concert will go on. (even if Maestro Kunzel cannot for some reason, make it himself, NSO Conductor Emil de Cou is on standby, and would fill in if needed. So this troop is definitely happening.

FULL DETAILS PROVIDED THE DAY OF: regarding exactly what we will be doing -during the concert- These details will not likely be known until the day of the event due to issues communicating with the conductor. They will most likely be decided during the rehearsal earlier that day. *** PREPARE TO BE FLEXIBLE and ready to accommodate any changes.***

**NOT EVERYONE WILL BE ON STAGE**: **IMPORTANT NOTE: It is imperative that everyone be aware that NOT EVERYONE WILL BE ON STAGE. Who will be onstage, when, and doing what, will be determined by the conductor, likely on the day of the concert itself. If we get any say at all in this, priority will be given to those who did not troop onstage at the 2007 Kennedy Center events.

PLEASE NOTE... NO E.U. COSTUMES WILL BE ON STAGE as per directives from Erich Kunzel. Movie Costumes only. You can still troop every other aspect of this event, so please do come!

*REHEARSAL*: For Garrison/Legion officers, group leaders, droid handlers, and those with movie costumes who can attend, the NSO has asked that we attend the rehearsal if possible. It is being held at 11:00 AM that morning (7/25/09) at Wolf Trap. Please RSVP via PM to Jim Miller (DarthMiller) if you plan to attend the rehearsal.

ARRIVAL TIME:
a. 5:15 for garrison/legion officers, etc (501st, RL, R2D2 Builders, officers and coordinators) to set up, make decisions get/give directions and get in costume
b. NO LATER THAN 6:00 PM for everyone else. Since the gates open at 6:45 (and people line up WAY ahead of this to get good lawn seats), and we want to have troops greeting patrons as they arrive and enter the Filene Center area, we should have folks arrive early. (plus they are more likely to get a better parking spot if they come early)

PARKING: Parking is free at Wolf Trap. Each group will have ONE staff parking pass for the staff lot for loading and unloading of bulky gear crates, droids, etc. That means 1 staff parking pass for GT, 1 for OLG, 1 for RL and 1 for the R2D2 Builders group.

DRESSING ROOMS / WATER / GATORADE: They have 2 LARGE dressing rooms reserved for us, and are ready to accommodate our 40+ people. Water and Gatorade will be provided, and we can store our crates, etc. in those dressing rooms during the concert.

WEAPONS PROPS: No ruling yet… This is TBA. I have been asked to forward a list of possible props with photos to the NSO folks and they will forward it to Wolf Trap for approval. Lightsabers will likely be allowed, but we need to be prepared to leave the blasters at home if we are directed to do so.

DIRECTIONS / PROGRAM and MAP: We will receive a program list (sequence of musical numbers so we know when we may be on stage), and a map that includes locations of staff parking, the backstage entrance, etc. next week. This information will be posted on this forum once we have it.

SQUIRES STILL NEEDED! We need several more –experienced- squires to help keep an eye on our costumers. Squires need to be aware that they will be working throughout most of the show, and they may not get to see the show at all. To Squire or suggest a squire, please Contact DarthMiller (Jim) via PM.

CAMERAS NEEDED!! We very much need folks to bring good cameras to take photos of everything, especially the presentation of awards to Maestro Erich Kunzel.

LIST OF CONFIRMED/APPROVED TROOPS ATTENDING: (closed as of 7/16/09, except for squires, Darth Maul or ROTJ Anakin Skywalker)

VA Miller Jim Imperial Crew
VA Roinson Brian Stormtrooper
VA Meyers Alexander C. Stormtrooper
VA Tuart Joe Biker Scout
VA Musco Tom Stormtrooper
VA ** Mendoza Oscar Shadow (Black) Stormtrooper
VA Nargi Matt Stormtrooper
VA Ogulin Joe Stormtrooper
VA Gooding Craig Stormtrooper
VA Floyd Jessica Stormtrooper
VA Tank Eric Darth Vader
VA Woods Jim Stormtrooper
VA Abbott Keith Stormtrooper
VA Frye Lori Tie Pilot
VA Pickering Matthew Imperial Crew
VA Fiedler Jon Biker Scout
VA ? Diastrom Clone Trooper
VA Contreras Wally Tie Pilot
VA Shue Brad Tie Pilot / Imperial Crew?
VA Wakefield Chris Stormtrooper

MD/DC Pilson Everett Stormtrooper
MD/DC White Bryan (Obi Wan?)
MD/DC White Samantha Tie Pilot
MD/DC Hendley Kellie Jawa
MD/DC Rodriguez Dan Imperial Navy
MD/DC Davis Rob (Robin) Boba Fett
MD/DC **Bauer Virgil Shadow (Black) Stormtrooper
MD/DC **Jorgensen Jay Shadow (Black) Stormtrooper
MD/DC Berry Richard Tusken Raider
MD/DC Baker-Siroty Adam Stormtrooper

Rebel Bouwhuis Rick Jedi
Rebel **Shivelle Neil The Clone Wars Cartoon Anakin

R2D2 Coajou Pat with Mouse Droid
R2D2 Schwartz Andy with R2D2

Ohio Farmer Jonathan Stormtrooper
Ohio Poling Shala Stormtrooper

QUESTIONS should please be directed to Jim Miller (DarthMiller) via PM on this forum.

SEE YOU ON THE 25th!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DarthMiller () on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone from RL like to join us at this event?

- Jim
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still not sure if I will be able to be there....I may have to travel on business that day.....I will know in another week give or take

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick.

We would love to have RL folks there!

We especially could use the following characters:

Obi Wan (ROTS, or AOTC),
Anakin (ROTS)
Princess Leia (ANH)

Also, if anyone is already -experienced- at dueling,
please contact me if you would like to participate in this event in that capacity.

Thanks!

- Jim
GT
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom Base,
I have done a couple of these events in the past....they are ALLOT of fun to do and the musical performances are outstanding. The crowds LOVE our participation especially during the performance. If you can support, PLEASE let Jim know ASAP. I am going to try to do everything I can to be there.

V/R,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I come?
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Legion XO
Legion XO

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do...we would love to have you

Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Terrapin has an event during the day. But I can come down straight from there. Smile
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Awesome!!

Any chance we can entice an Anakin to join us?

Anyone else? :-)

Thanks!

- Jim
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say I could come as TCW Anakin, but I don't think it would look right.
DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Seriously, though, please join us.

TCW Anakin is fine.
(we may not be able to use you during the Battle of the Heroes piece, but I definitely think that we should have Anakin there if at all possible, whatever the form.)

What do you think?

- Jim
DarthMiller ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amalphiea wrote:
Ok, Terrapin has an event during the day. But I can come down straight from there. Smile

Kellie,

I think I noticed that you posted on the OLG forums as well... which costume will you be going in? Do you have a Princess Leia costume by any chance?

Thanks!

- Jim
Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't think of scaring anyone by dressing as Leia. I currently have a Jawa, working on RFT which can be worn if needed, or I can do TIE. I'd prefer to do the Jawa since we're dancing the cantina song.
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Aurabesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, being on stage is what I was refering to as it not really looking good. I should be able to attend. Part of the costume is at my seamstress, if I can get it back I'll most def be there.
Sensei Mustafar (Leo Dorsey)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthMiller wrote:
Thanks Rick.

We would love to have RL folks there!

We especially could use the following characters:

Obi Wan (ROTS, or AOTC),
Anakin (ROTS)
Princess Leia (ANH)

Also, if anyone is already -experienced- at dueling,
please contact me if you would like to participate in this event in that capacity.

Thanks!

- Jim
GT

Jim
Please look for a PM from me on the issue of saber demo.

Sensei Mustafar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: