About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1902d562d3f5207909ba3528f24517f8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

FOR SALE: Endor Trooper Soft Helmet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: FOR SALE: Endor Trooper Soft Helmet Reply with quote

I have enough materials to make 8 ready-to-wear Endor Trooper soft helmets. These helmets will be complete and will only need the donut. The cost is $175.

They include:
- fabric helmet
- ear cups
- snaps
- chin strap
- ribbed top

The snaps are little lighter in color than the "hero" helmets the main characters wore in the movie, but are still acceptable according to the Endor Rebel Soldier standard.

I hope to have them done middle of July. If you are interested in getting one, please post your interest here.

Do not send any money until I contact you.

This is also posted in the For Sale/Trade forum.

INTEREST
ScubaJedi
Aurora V
Greywolf1199
Obey Wann
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

Last edited by Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley) on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
JimE2 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Donna!

Be watching your mail for 10 sets of ears! I formed them in a thinner material than in the past, and I hope this will work. If not, please let me know and I'll do them up in the regular thickness stuff.

Jim
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! Thanks, Jim. bow

Thinner should be fine; these don't get banged around as much as a full plastic helmet would. Also the foam padding in the ear cup should help protect it. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man..... why is it that these opportunities pop up when I DON'T have the money??? Or when I know I won't be having the money???

DRAT!

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably make a couple more in the fall.

Or if you have a credit card, my PayPal takes plastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just debit card, which is attached to the ever shrinking bank account.

Hopefully, my financial situation will have improved by the time you crank out another run.

- Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have any extras after this run, I'll set one aside for you. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the consideration. I am sure you will sell through them, all! Wink

You're awesome!

- Bill
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I think the price is keeping people away.

Unfortunately I can't lower it anymore because these require a LOT of labor. I figured if people were willing to pay $150 for an unassembled Stormtrooper helmet that it was reasonable to ask $175 for something already assembled and ready to wear.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've paid upwards of $200-300 for helmets before, so this is not unreasonable -especially considering the amount of sewing needed --and it doesn't require destroying a piece of WWII history. I'm just hurting, because we just bought a pop-up camper... and a truck. Whoa --non costuming stuff Shocked Shocked Shocked Surprised . So it'll just take a bit to get things replenished a bit.

It could also be that there isn't a huge movement to get these done, but the orders will come in. We've had about 4 new ERTs in the last month or so, so folks are working on them --just not group builds. Unless you count the 3 of us from Colorado that are getting these. Cool Hehehe, we're getting close to a 10th Mountain Squad. Evil or Very Mad

Aramys Strael (Bill Kohlleppel)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hurting due to having an unemployed roommate and struggling to make ends meet. I swear, I think I would die of shock if she ever got a job and started contributing to the living expenses. I'm hoping that we I get another roommate, soon. Then I have money freed up for other costuming projects that I have always wanted to pursue.... like the ERT!

I'd put my name on the interest list, but I really don't know when I could pay you. And I know I have expressed interest in other things in the past and then never got around to actually being able to place orders. I feel bad everytime that happens and would rather not do that again. It just isn't fair to the vendors, at all!

- Bill
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obey Wann wrote:
I'm just hurting, because we just bought a pop-up camper... and a truck. Whoa --non costuming stuff Shocked Shocked Shocked Surprised .

That's funny, we did the same thing this year - bought a used 2006 Ford Explorer and a Fleetwood tent trailer/pop-up. Took advantage of low auto prices and loan rates. We're taking our camper for our two-week vacation starting Sunday the 28th. We'll be visiting 5 National Parks (Grand Canyon, Arches via Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Dinosaur National Monument, and Yellowstone).

I totally understand being short on cash in this economy. Technically I've been out of work since 2002 when I gave up my consulting business to become "therapy Mom" for my youngest who is autistic. The only job I can get these days is a part-time (under 10 hours/week) retail job.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinasaur NP isn't that far from here. I might even be going camping up that direction as I scout my elk hunting GMU. LMK when you're going to be in Colorado. I'll drop you my cel number in an email/PM.

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we're going to be on the Utah side of Dinosaur National Monument; probably staying in Vernal, UT.

But I'll be at Star Fest in Denver next April. Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent --bring your ERT! That'll make at least 4 of us, then. And have a great trip!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: