About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9cd09c5b3b5cdcad23a345900c0a3520Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

pin tuck and riding seam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
those are all we have to go from at this time. The tools were never taken out on screen. The gunbelt that goes on display is either ESB or ROTJ, no one really knows for sure as the whole display is a conglomeration of the the outfits.
The main thing to fashion is the droid caller and Lori put out a tutorial she found somewhere about how to make one of those. The other items is more filler for the pockets.
Oh yeah, one of the items was identified to be part of the Revel V8 model, which I believe is what CE's is based on. So, for that piece you could just try to find pictures of the Revel V8 (or buy one as they go on the bay of E from time-to-time).

Oh, thank you. Now, I think I understand.
Reason why I was asking is, because there is no note about this status and it is one of the Han Solo ESB costume requirements. I was really confused.

So, if I want to have screen accurate tools, I should use some high quality pictures from movie, right?
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB wrote:
I went and tried on the prototype for my new pants yesterday for fitting. I had my friend Diane ( R2 Hat Lady ) read this thread and she figured it out OK. In a week or so I should be able to register my Endor and update my Photo for ANH Death Star Escape. I wanted my Endor pants ready for our Lilac Festival Parade next weekend.

I just got back from picking up my new Brown Solo Pants. She did not have too much trouble figuring it all out. It just took time and patience. Diane ( R2 HAT LADY ) does excellent work. We are all so lucky to have her as a fellow costumer and friend here in Rochester, NY. Thanks again Diane Now I am all ready for our Lilac parade on Saturday and then I can finally submit my Endor Solo costume for registration.

Last edited by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ) on Mon May 17, 2010 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome man! Do you use stirrups by chance? Can't see them in picture.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:

Oh, thank you. Now, I think I understand.
Reason why I was asking is, because there is no note about this status and it is one of the Han Solo ESB costume requirements. I was really confused.

So, if I want to have screen accurate tools, I should use some high quality pictures from movie, right?

Sorry, I didn't see this reply until just now.
What I was trying to say was there's really only two tools you can do for "screen accuracy". One is the droid caller, it's on the belt and you could probably find pictures in the movie to go off of. The item it was built from has been identified and is on http://www.partsofsw.com/
The other tool, which is one of the items in the pocket has been identified as the carburator of the Revel V8 model (a number of the other pieces of the model have been used throughout star wars, a couple on Han's blaster for example). Here is a quote from parts of star wars
Quote:
One item on the gunbelt is half of a carburetor from a Revell V8 visible engine model kit.
Two piston halves from this same kit are used on Han's DL-44 blaster

I believe Corrilean Exports (sp?) used that as their bases for their resin tool set. So, what I was saying was you could find pictures of that item to use for your reference. The other items have yet to be identified and probably never will at this point.
If you go to http://www.partsofsw.com/ and look at the pic there for Han belt tools in ESB, I think the tall skinny piece either was part of a tube amp or was one. I have yet to actually build it, so I don't know for certain that this would work, but my thought is to get some head phone jacks, poke them through the bottom of a small bottle, then bondo and paint it.
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Awesome man! Do you use stirrups by chance? Can't see them in picture.

Thanks, Yes, I use clip on ones that I made. They are easier for me to replace if they break or rip, instead of sewing them on.
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB"]
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB wrote:
I went and tried on the prototype for my new pants yesterday for fitting. I had my friend Diane ( R2 Hat Lady ) read this thread and she figured it out OK. In a week or so I should be able to register my Endor and update my Photo for ANH Death Star Escape. I wanted my Endor pants ready for our Lilac Festival Parade next weekend.

I just got back from picking up my new Brown Solo Pants. She did not have too much trouble figuring it all out. It just took time and patience. Diane ( R2 HAT LADY ) does excellent work. We are all so lucky to have her as a fellow costumer and friend here in Rochester, NY. Thanks again Diane Now I am all ready for our Lilac parade on Saturday and then I can finally submit my Endor Solo costume for registration.

Nice Jeffery, looking forward to seeing the submitted costume soon.

Phoenix 17
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know there are other Pants patterns out there that work very well. Its been a while since the Kwik sew pattern has been discontinued, but there has been another pattern that will work very well for Han pants, and that is the Burda Young Fashions pattern 7733.

This pattern should require very little to modify for a good pair of pants for Han. Form up the pocket to them main leg for pocket-less pants. Draw in your ridding seam on muslin fabric and you should be good to go. You may want to downsize just a dad for tight pants Wink.
The girls will love yah for it. solo blaster

Burda young 7733

The reason I suggest this pattern is its more of a straight legged pattern, and the yoke which will help a better fit with the ridding seam. Been noticing a lot of the pants out there don't have the yoke and this I feel can lead to an uncomfortable fit.

Bob
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Bob, I was just thinking today how I should look into pants patterns soon and this urged me to do so. I found this place that has Civil War pants pattern, which already has the riding seam:
http://www.buckaroobobbins.com/page13.html

It's 11.95, I'm not positive I'll pull the trigger on this one just yet. But I wanted to post the link for myself for the future (and of course in case anyone else wanted it)
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really be careful with historic costuming patterns though, if they are historically accurate they may be too "Simple" to be of use. They may not have a zipper/fly as you know it, or a fit that is of the 70's (missing Yoke in back) if you catch my drift. If you looking to use the pattern for the ridding seam you can save yourself a ton of money by just adding it to a pants pattern that you know is more modern to the times.

For he ridding seam all you have to do is draw the line on the pattern, cut it out, and add like 3/8 in seam allowance to both sides of the cut.... sew it back up and your done!

Bob
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it is off-topic ... but ... my girlfriend start working on my "correct bloodstripe" ... I hope, that correct size of bloodstripes will look good on me ...

There you can see result of test:

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World of difference. Looks like your on the right path!

Bob
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Blair!

Phoenix 17
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ... I will tell it to my girlfriend ... Smile

Id did some search for "solo bloodstripes" on ebay and I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Han-Solo-Pants-Stripes-Yellow-Brown-/390220796162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Did somebody hear about it? ... order it? try it? ... I am just thinking If fabric and color could be same like costumebase pants ...
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Han-Solo-Pants-Stripes-Yellow-Brown-/390220796162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Did somebody hear about it? ... order it? try it? ... I am just thinking If fabric and color could be same like costumebase pants ...

Yes, I used the blue ones for my ANH and they are spot on!

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkos Khann wrote:
Blair wrote:

Yes, I used the blue ones for my ANH and they are spot on!

So, blue ones are ok with costumebase pants? ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: